Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
Orwell could not have made this up in his wildest dreams. :cuckoo:

Sally-John-300x300.jpg

Opinion: The 'i-word' is un-American - CNN.com

Excerpts from the OP:

Not the same thing? Of course it is.

Once upon a time, the n-word and f-word were utterly acceptable terminology in undermining not only the basic rights but basic humanity of black people and gay people. That those terms seem radically inappropriate and out of step with mainstream culture now is only because social movements and legal and political changes have shifted the landscape. But make no mistake about it, words matter, not only in reflecting certain dehumanizing attitudes toward historically marginalized groups but in actively perpetuating and rationalizing that dehumanization.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The organization Race Forward has a campaign to get media organizations to "Drop The I-Word" in their reporting about immigration. So far, the campaign has succeeded in getting the Associated Press, USA Today, the Los Angeles Times and many other outlets to stop using the word. But the pressure continues on The New York Times, The Washington Post and radio and television outlets. And the campaign around media usage is just one step toward influencing and ultimately ending the use of the word "illegal" by everyone in America.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Today, most people find the n-word and the f-word incredibly offensive. Let's hope that most if not all people will feel the same way about the words "illegals" and "illegal immigrants" in the not too distant future.

---------------------------------------------------------------

That's just retarded. Seriously. :cuckoo:

No, it's not, it's a brilliant salvo. The left knows how to get shit done, they have no scruples and no shame, which is why they eventually break down all resistance to their radical ideas.

The right will never win until we learn how to fight, and it's important to take fucked up nonsense like this seriously, from the get-go, before the wearing-out process begins to take hold in the public discourse.

• Banned
I guess I can be sensitive and drop the I-word.

I'll go with criminal from now on. That's what you call a person who knowingly breaks the law.

But then, these forward thinking people know far better than me what to call a group of law breakers:

Drop the I-Word Campaign

https://www.raceforward.org/practice/tools/drop-i-word-campaign

ARC's Drop the I-Word campaign to eliminate use of the word “illegal” was launched in September 2010 as anti-immigrant sentiment and hate crimes against communities of color had increased. Powered by immigrants and diverse communities across the country, Drop the I-Word has worked steadily through advocacy and coverage at Colorlines.com to present the dehumanizing and inaccurate aspects of the i-word, give space for immigrants to tell their stories, and to highlight the history behind the term “illegal” and other dehumanizing language. By Spring 2013, the Associated Press, USA Today, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and many other news outlets dropped the i-word, affecting millions of readers daily nationwide. Drop the I-Word continues to advocate for change at the NY Times, Washington Post, and media outlets everywhere.

Oh my. How calloused I've been. Now that I've been enlightened and realize the word “illegal” is dehumanizing, I'm struggling to find a word for shoplifter, peeping tom, pickpocket or embezzler. I'd hate to disparage these fine tradespeople.

------------------------------------

An illegal alien is a non-citizen who is present in a country unlawfully or without the country's authorization. It's a Legal Term. F*ck em if they don't like it! Americans need to stop being such p*ssies.

And interestingly;
An enemy alien is a non-citizen who is a national of an enemy country.

I would say Mexico is an Enemy Country.

Let's have a Drop the R word campaign. Rapists are unappreciated lovers.

Forum List

Back