Illegal Aliens and Social Security....Did you know?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Sunshine, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    Illegal aliens contribute big bucks to Social Security, but cannot draw. They also pay taxes, but cannot file tax returns, therefore they don't get back any overage they may be paying to Uncle Sam.

The New York Times > Business > Illegal Immigrants Are Bolstering Social Security With Billions

This is just one source. I have seen that number go as high as 20 Billion.

Basically what we have here in the illegal aliens is an under class that is required to pay into the system, but can get nothing back out of it in terms of Social Security or tax returns. AND if they are working and bringing home the bacon, the welfare argument fails.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. Sunshine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    My daughter who makes the yard sale rounds in Atlanta says it is impossible to get up early enough to beat the Mexican ladies to the really great deals!~

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    I bet their husbands get up early enough to beat them.

4. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,656
    the mexican women have been up all night waiting ouside whilst their men got drunk inside the house.

5. Sunshine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    As long as they keep paying into SS!

6. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    If an illegal is using a social security number, they are using someone else's. That's identity theft. Do you know what happens when someone else uses your social security number? The government doesn't tell you when it's happening, but when you try to retire, you must provide proof of every job you've ever held. Can you do that? I can't.

This is not a victimless crime. In fact, it makes victims of our most helpless members of our society, the elderly.

Years ago, the Seattle times posted a big front page article about a woman whose husband had been declared deceased and she'd been collecting on his social security for YEARS. all of a sudden, the payments stopped. The SSA said her husband was alive and living in CA. No follow up. You know what that means? Some illegal stole her husband's identity and she lost her retirement.

Stop trying to defend illegals who steal other peoples identities. That is a crime and a BIG one. I can only hope that it happens to those defending the illegals instead of the rest of us.

Mr Martinez should be in jail, as should the person who hired him and the reporter who didn't turn him into the immigration authorities.

Also, do you know how many illegals claim they aren't married? That's so the MR can bring home the bacon and the MRS can collect money on the kids. That's a net loss to our society, certainly not a gain.

7. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

oh... you mean they are paying taxes on income.....with fake and or stolen SS numbers? Any idea the nightmare that causes to the people they are reporting their income on?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    Thank you, Sheila.
    That was running through my mind as I read that, as well.
    if the 'poor mistreated illegals' are paying into the SS system, they're paying in under someone else's SS# since THEY DON'T HAVE A SS# OF THEIR OWN TO PAY IN WITH!!

:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Sunshine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    Most of the numbers are made up. The treasury knows this and accepts the money under those numbers. That is one way we keep up with where they are.

It is not legal for illegals to collect welfare. If states are allowing this there is a problems. When I took Immigration Law the prof brought in some of the fake IDs that have been used. NO ONE would believe they were legit. So, if the states are allowing it, the states are getting what they deserve.

10. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Even Obama's illegal Aunt is in subsidized housing, what do you call that if not welfare?