Illegal Aliens and Social Security....Did you know?

Well, according to the report I get every year, no one has paid in anything extra on my SS. Too bad, I might get a better benefit if they did.

The point of this thread is to show that their status as illegals is desirable to businesses who exploit them AND to the federal government who also exploits them. I know of no place that says they can or will be able to draw SS. BUT there is case law out there allowing them to draw unemployment. I'll see if I can locate the case, but right now, I'm just home from work and a mite hungry.

There will be a bill upstairs from my cleaning lady, who is not an alien, so my appetite may abate some when I have seen it.

I don't know about the illegals, but Bush pushed for and passed a bill to allow Mexicans to collect social security after working in our country for only 6 quarters or a year and 1/2. The rest of us Americans have to work for 10 years before we can collect social security.

Your statement would not show illegals using your ss#. If you are concerned, your best bet is to get a private company that protects your ID. They run a check every so often. The government doesn't care if they collect from an illegal on your number, but they sure as heck make you pay for it when you retire by proving exactly which jobs you've held for your entire life. I can't do that, can you?

Do you have a link on this?

Look it up, it was all over the internet and the papers at the time. I refuse to look it up. I'm having a really, really bad day. Get me on another day and I might go looking for it.

I don't know about the illegals, but Bush pushed for and passed a bill to allow Mexicans to collect social security after working in our country for only 6 quarters or a year and 1/2. The rest of us Americans have to work for 10 years before we can collect social security.

Your statement would not show illegals using your ss#. If you are concerned, your best bet is to get a private company that protects your ID. They run a check every so often. The government doesn't care if they collect from an illegal on your number, but they sure as heck make you pay for it when you retire by proving exactly which jobs you've held for your entire life. I can't do that, can you?

Do you have a link on this?

Look it up, it was all over the internet and the papers at the time. I refuse to look it up. I'm having a really, really bad day. Get me on another day and I might go looking for it.

I'm not your search engine.

Forum List

Back