If your friend were in this country illegally

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
and you found out, what would you do?

Me? I'd do my best to convince my friend to go home. I would then start the paperwork and be his/her sponsor so she/he could return legally. If my friend refused, I would apologize to him or her and tell him or her that I couldn't be around them anymore or have them around my family. They are criminals and I can't condone that, nor do I want my children to believe I would.

No matter how much I love my friends, I will not compromise my principles for them.

I'd do the same regarding helping them the best I could to get them to go back and/or go to the government HERE and start proceedings even if it means deportation...but I would not throw them away nor think of them as criminals. They would still be my friend, but a friend that needs to do the right thing.

I'd do the same regarding helping them the best I could to get them to go back and/or go to the government HERE and start proceedings even if it means deportation...but I would not throw them away nor think of them as criminals. They would still be my friend, but a friend that needs to do the right thing.

You have a point, but I don't think of it as throwing them away, but as protecting my family. There is such a thing as aiding and abetting.

Me? I'd do my best to convince my friend to go home. I would then start the paperwork and be his/her sponsor so she/he could return legally. If my friend refused, I would apologize to him or her and tell him or her that I couldn't be around them anymore or have them around my family. They are criminals and I can't condone that, nor do I want my children to believe I would.

No matter how much I love my friends, I will not compromise my principles for them.

As much as I hate illegal immigraiton, I love my friends and family more. And aided my grandson wife to stay with a letter to the courts and I did it because I love him. I don't like or trust her but it is not because she is in the country illegally.
I have friends I would not like to see leave but I would do nothing to aid them to stay or leave.

There was a time in this country when immigrants needed a sponsor to come here.

If I knew or thought they would be a problem in America I would turn them in, If they are a asset to America I would not care

I would love to say I would tell them to go home and call INS. But I probably won't do squat. Back in college over the summer I worked in a liquor store (Paid better than most back than at $11 an hour and had the perks of getting cheap alcohol). I worked with a few Mexicans. I new all if them where illegals, but that were damn good guys (that and I was liberal back then). I did and said nothing!

People, I don't want to sound rude but I think you're confusing two entirely different kinds of human fauna:

Illegal immigrants with russian, chinese spies.

Illegal immigrants did not receive years of training in spying techniques and do not count with the massive support of foreign governments to keep their true identities and whereabouts unknown. The identities of illegal aliens as well as the place they live and work is not a state secret. All this information is of public knowledge.

The US government does not arrest and expel the chinese and russian spies currently "working" in America because it does not know who and where they are.

The US government does not arrest and deport illegal aliens because it simply does not want to.

You won't be telling the government anything it doesn't already know (not the details about a specific illegal immigrant but the general information: this or that residential/industrial/commercial area has lots of illegals, etc, etc).

Since the US government is not seriously interested in MASS DEPORTATIONS your information would most likely fall on deaf ears. Your only chance to see anything done is to add a lie to the story, accusing the illegal of pimping or drug-trafficking/possesion.

If Ghook's mexican pals were a bunch of rude assholes he would have learned this lesson the hard way. His phone call to the Immigration Service would in all likelihood be solemnly ignored.

You can denounce scores of illegal aliens but good luck trying to convince the federal government to do anything about it.

Last edited:
That's why the Board morons who blame Mexico for America's intractable problem of illegal immigration are committing a tremendous injustice.

It's not Mexico's fault that America refuses to enforce her own laws.

Would you turn them in to the Feds?

José;3635077 said:
That's why the Board morons who blame Mexico for America's intractable problem of illegal immigration are committing a tremendous injustice.

It's not Mexico's fault that Mexico incourages Mexicans to sneak into the United States and set up "community action" groups that conduct "immigration" rallies and wave Mexican flags as the Mexicans march down the streets of American shouting Mexican slogans of how they are taking over the United States in the name of Mexico.:eusa_shhh:

Originally posted by brokenarrow
It's not Mexico's fault that Mexico incourages Mexicans to sneak into the United States and set up "community action" groups that conduct "immigration" rallies and wave Mexican flags as the Mexicans march down the streets of American shouting Mexican slogans of how they are taking over the United States in the name of Mexico.

It's not Mexico's fault that you're screwed in the head and a veteran of Bellevue. :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I have had friends who were here illegally, and I deal with clients who are here illegally. I don't turn them in, never have. But we CAN help them become legal. It's not my forte as I don't carry a big non-citizen caseload, but we have caseworkers who work primarily with them.

But I've never been one to call the authorities at the drop of a hat. I don't call the cops every time I see a kid throwing rocks in the street, either. I either tell their parents and/or tell them to knock it off.

Depends where they are from, if they are from some country like Somalia where they could be killed if they return, I really don't know.

If they're from Somalia they're undoubtedly fugitives or can attain fugitive status....which means they aren't illegal.

I would close the border and put the same type of fence that they use in prisons. I say - screw Mexico! The USA does not owe them a damn thing. They are lucky we tolerate them. If they have not in all these centuries build a decent country so that their people don't want to leave it, they can rot for all I care. The USA is too damn lenient with a country that is obviously too inept to do anything correct. They can keep blaming the USA for their failures till the cows come home. It still does not change a damn thing in their country. When one can't do anything right because they just don't have what it takes, there is not much anybody can do to help. Let them sink or swim. Let them keep blaming the USA and everybody else that they want. It's easier to blame others than to take responsibility. It's called L.A.Z.Y. They continue to be the same miserable country in spite of it.

José;3635077 said:

It's not Mexico's fault that Mexico incourages Mexicans to sneak into the United States and set up "community action" groups that conduct "immigration" rallies and wave Mexican flags as the Mexicans march down the streets of American shouting Mexican slogans of how they are taking over the United States in the name of Mexico.:eusa_shhh:

Solamente queremos la vuelta de nuestra pais.

Forum List

Back