If your friend were in this country illegally

José;3636296 said:
Originally posted by brokenarrow
It's not Mexico's fault that Mexico incourages Mexicans to sneak into the United States and set up "community action" groups that conduct "immigration" rallies and wave Mexican flags as the Mexicans march down the streets of American shouting Mexican slogans of how they are taking over the United States in the name of Mexico.

It's not Mexico's fault that you're screwed in the head and a veteran of Bellevue. :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Look at a map, Pancho! The land you refer to a Mexico is the United States. I'll bet Mexicans really suck at Geography. That's why they need someone to show them how to head North.:lol:

If they fled here so they wouldn't be killed, I'd guide them to the authorities so they could get sanctuary [or whatever it's called].

If they are here b/c it turns out they don't want to bother on coming here legally, I would call ICE immediatly and inform them that I don't like being played and a real freind wouldn't do that to another.

Even then. I know my kids have broken some glass here and there, I don't call 911 for stupid kid shit.

If it were an ongoing problem, that would be different.

Even then. I know my kids have broken some glass here and there, I don't call 911 for stupid kid shit.

If it were an ongoing problem, that would be different.

You mean like 20 gangbangers throwing rocks whose parents are illegals?

I have not been so unlucky as to experience that yet. And I have lived in pretty close quarters with migrant workers and their families.

Seems to me that more than a couple of people in this thread don't know the meaning of friendship.

Sad really...

Seems to me that more than a couple of people in this thread don't know the meaning of friendship.

Sad really...

Friendship does not trump philosophy in my mind. That's part of why I have so few good, close friends and that doesn't really bother me at all.

I'd suggest they look into ways of attaining legal citizenship.

But I sure as hell wouldn't turn them in.

and you found out, what would you do?

Me? I'd do my best to convince my friend to go home. I would then start the paperwork and be his/her sponsor so she/he could return legally. If my friend refused, I would apologize to him or her and tell him or her that I couldn't be around them anymore or have them around my family. They are criminals and I can't condone that, nor do I want my children to believe I would.

No matter how much I love my friends, I will not compromise my principles for them.

Would you turn them in to the Feds?

I don't know, certainly not without warning them first.

Sad really...

Friendship does not trump philosophy in my mind. That's part of why I have so few good, close friends and that doesn't really bother me at all.

I too have a very small circle of friends, very, very small. But the criteria by which I choose my friends leads to a principle I will never compromise... You don't betray your friends.

The friends I have, I would help them hide the bodies, no questions asked.

I'd also help them move, now that's saying something. :lol:

Originally posted by hjmick

True.

And it seems to me that no one here besides me knows what really happens when you call the Immigration Service

Originally posted by Anachronism
#2. I'd be talking to the nice people at INS and ICE about his name, address, and phone number ASAP.

Go ahead, Big Bird.

Call the Immigration Service, denounce an illegal without adding trumped-up charges like drug dealing or pimping and listen to the ICE agent politely telling you to go bother someone else.

ANGELHAIR
They can keep blaming the USA for their failures till the cows come home.

ANGELHAIR
Let them keep blaming the USA and everybody else that they want.

mfln130l.jpg

I too have a very small circle of friends, very, very small. But the criteria by which I choose my friends leads to a principle I will never compromise... You don't betray your friends.

In my mind at the moment the significant philosophical difference occurs, the friendship ceases to exist, so there is no betrayal.

I have a small number of friends I'd kill or die for. Outside of that I don't have many friends at all. Acquaintances, but not friends.

José;3637324 said:
Go ahead, Big Bird.

Call the Immigration Service, denounce an illegal without adding trumped-up charges like drug dealing or pimping and listen to the ICE agent politely telling you to go bother someone else.

Actually I know an ICE agent who works out at the same gym I do. I guarantee you it wouldn't get swept under the rug.

Sad really...

Great, so you live by the Mob code of honor?

Or the Muslim code of honor?

Either way, criminal code of *honor*.

I won't hide bodies or otherwise aid & abet criminals....I wouldn't hide an illegal that someone was LOOKING for. I'd say sorry, move on to somebody else's house.

But like I said, I'm not going out of my way to turn them in. If I did, I'd be a busy woman.

Originally posted by Anachronism
Actually I know an ICE agent who works out at the same gym I do. I guarantee you it wouldn't get swept under the rug.

Glad to know your phone call would not be ignored like those made by hundreds of thousands of concerned american citizens (specially in the southwest states).

New Topics

Forum List

Back