If you wanted to set up a good time to invade Taiwan

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
Give it a few months while we get further involved in the ME war. We've got the Ukranian succubus already on our neck, and the Israeli succubus attaching as we speak. Our strategic oil reserves are as low as they've been since the 80s, our weapons stockpile is for shit even before this shit. In a few months we will be weak as fuck.

Give it a few months while we get further involved in the ME war. We've got the Ukranian succubus already on our neck, and the Israeli succubus attaching as we speak. Our strategic oil reserves are as low as they've been since the 80s, our weapons stockpile is for shit even before this shit. In a few months we will be weak as fuck.
All by design....China has spent a great deal of bribe money on our lawmakers. Diane Feinstein in particular....more recently Biden.

How come all around here aren't saying "no more supporting other countries' wars?"

All of a sudden Israel and Hamas get into it and everyone is all in.

Could it be zenophobia rearing it's ugly head?

How come all around here aren't saying "no more supporting other countries' wars?"

All of a sudden Israel and Hamas get into it and everyone is all in.

Could it be zenophobia rearing it's ugly head?
Nothing wrong with supporting other countries in defending themselves. It is when we send our armed forces to do the fighting for them

In Taiwan, we would not send our Army but use our Navy and Air Force to support them

It would be a very expensive incursion for Beijing.

China has not engaged in modern warfare for decades. They have never executed an amphibious invasion.
At 100 plus miles, Taiwan is a very difficult landing and invasion.

Just look at the problems Russia had in a land invasion at their own border

China has not engaged in modern warfare for decades. They have never executed an amphibious invasion.
At 100 plus miles, Taiwan is a very difficult landing and invasion.

Just look at the problems Russia had in a land invasion at their own border
Yeah I think they realize it. I believe it will not be a conventional War but instead a War of attrition using trade, blockades and internal discord.

Yeah I think they realize it. I believe it will not be a conventional War but instead a War of attrition using trade, blockades and internal discord.

Agree

More likely an economic or cyber war

Agree

More likely an economic or cyber war
I have a friend just out of the Navy who served on some of the more formidable war vessels. He corrected my thinking that China is closing in on the US Navy. He just laughed and told me some pretty damn amazing capabilities of the US....he said that the battle would be so fast and over so hard that it would be jaw dropping. He said most Americans have no idea at all just how powerful and lethal the US Navy really is.

I have a friend just out of the Navy who served on some of the more formidable war vessels. He corrected my thinking that China is closing in on the US Navy. He just laughed and told me some pretty damn amazing capabilities of the US....he said that the battle would be so fast and over so hard that it would be jaw dropping. He said most Americans have no idea at all just how powerful and lethal the US Navy really is.
China has a lot of ships but no way to extend power globally

Like your friend said……Targets

China has a lot of ships but no way to extend power globally

Like your friend said……Targets
He probably told me more than he should have but OH MAN! Im telling you if the other military powers know the half of it no freaking wonder they stay away....I had no idea....

Jo

China is not going to "invade" Taiwan. It would prefer that Taiwan become a satellite outpost of technology and capitalism under nominal political control of the PRC (like Hong Kong). How would it benefit from a bloody/destructive conflict?

China is not going to "invade" Taiwan. It would prefer that Taiwan become a satellite outpost of technology and capitalism under nominal political control of the PRC (like Hong Kong). How would it benefit from a bloody/destructive conflict?
Yeah ..... Exactly.... And right now Taiwan is one tough little cookie the battle would be far too costly for the party.

Forum List

Back