If you lived in Connecticut what would you do

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
If someone killed your family in your presence Knowing the Connecticut state government has just repeal it's death penalty, and you had the person held at gun point.
Would you
A. wait for the police to arrive to take them away.
B. Blow their ass away knowing that you did kill a murder and knowing that you will never face the death Penalty.
Me I would kill the bastard where they stood and wait before I called 911 to make sure they were dead.

But the repeal wouldn't be a lifeline for the state's 11 Death Row inmates, including two men who killed a woman and two children in a horrifying home invasion supporters touted as a key reason to keep the law on the books. The state Senate debated for hours Thursday about whether the law would reverse those sentences before voting 20-16 to repeal the law.

Read more: Connecticut poised to repeal death penalty

The Death Penalty is archaic and the US is one of the few civilized nations to keep the practice. The rest of the world looks at us as savages

Who doesn't have a death penalty? All of Europe, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Australia

Who has it? Those savage Islamic countries, China, India.......and of course, the US

Last edited:
The Death Penalty is archaic and the US is one of the few civilized nations to keep the practice. The rest of the world looks at us as savages

Who doesn't have a death penalty? All of Europe, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Japan

Who has it? Those savage Islamic countries, China, India.......and of course, the US

If someone killed your family in your presence Knowing the Connecticut state government has just repeal it's death penalty, and you had the person held at gun point.
Would you
B. Blow their ass away knowing that you did kill a murder and knowing that you will never face the death Penalty.

Would you

I would hold them for police whether there was a death penalty or not. New Jersey abolished the death penalty three years ago

Would you

I would hold them for police whether there was a death penalty or not. New Jersey abolished the death penalty three years ago

Highly improbable situations are designed to bring out emotions; IF I saw my family killed, yet somehow while not able to protect them, was able to kill the person(s) who I KNEW killed them, I would probably also kill. I hope not, but the question is so loaded, it is difficult to respond to, without raw emotion.

Would you

Knowing that your family is dead and the murders will still be alive with a very good chance of getting parole? And no way you could be given the death penalty? I see how much value you place on your loved ones.

Would you

Highly improbable situations are designed to bring out emotions; IF I saw my family killed, yet somehow while not able to protect them, was able to kill the person(s) who I KNEW killed them, I would probably also kill. I hope not, but the question is so loaded, it is difficult to respond to, without raw emotion.

It's not a loaded question. I heard Connecticut will more than likely repeal it's death penalty, and got me to thinking Why should I allow some bastard to live when I knew they killed my family and they would never get the justice they deserve. Hell yes I would take the hit if I ever faced that situation.

Would you

Knowing that your family is dead and the murders will still be alive with a very good chance of getting parole? And no way you could be given the death penalty? I see how much value you place on your loved ones.

Nice try....

We live in a civilized society. Civilized societies do not tolerate eye for an eye vendettas. My spending the rest of my life in prison will not bring my loved ones back. Neither will an execution

Nice try....

We live in a civilized society. Civilized societies do not tolerate eye for an eye vendettas. My spending the rest of my life in prison will not bring my loved ones back. Neither will an execution

If one can think of the various options available to a Court, in such a situation, then one would wait for the police! Perhaps many would NOT think, and human emotion would take over; some will not be in any shape to weigh the CHOICES.................or even hold a gun........................

Nice try....

Yes we do and since your family was murder in your presence by uncivilized people they don't deserve to live in a civilized world, but they will and your innocent family will not.

Nice try....

If one can think of the various options available to a Court, in such a situation, then one would wait for the police! Perhaps many would NOT think, and human emotion would take over; some will not be in any shape to weigh the CHOICES.................or even hold a gun........................

That's why I say every state should have the death penalty as an option and never do away with it. But Connecticut is wanting to take that option off the table.

If you lived in Connecticut what would you do?

Probably become a believer that hell really does exist?

Thanks but would like to see what you would do.

After thinking it over, which I could NOT do in the situation described, my impulse would be to shoot in both knees, thus crippling him for the rest of his life, however long that would be. :mad:

Nice try....

Yes we do and since your family was murder in your presence by uncivilized people they don't deserve to live in a civilized world, but they will and your innocent family will not.

Vengeance provides a momentary satisfaction that you will suffer for the rest of your life.

The rest of the civilized world has abandoned the death penalty as barbaric. I imagine the US will dump the archaic practice within 20 years.

If you lived in Connecticut what would you do?

Probably become a believer that hell really does exist?

Thanks but would like to see what you would do.

After thinking it over, which I could NOT do in the situation described, my impulse would be to shoot in both knees, thus crippling him for the rest of his life, however long that would be. :mad:

You hit a main artery in the leg with enough time they will bleed to death.

Nice try....

Vengeance provides a momentary satisfaction that you will suffer for the rest of your life.

The rest of the civilized world has abandoned the death penalty as barbaric. I imagine the US will dump the archaic practice within 20 years.

But your family was killed by barbaric people who will live for a long time with all the healthcare they can handle.

Forum List

Back