If you lived in Connecticut what would you do

Yes we do and since your family was murder in your presence by uncivilized people they don't deserve to live in a civilized world, but they will and your innocent family will not.

Vengeance provides a momentary satisfaction that you will suffer for the rest of your life.

The rest of the civilized world has abandoned the death penalty as barbaric. I imagine the US will dump the archaic practice within 20 years.

But your family was killed by barbaric people who will live for a long time with all the healthcare they can handle.

Ok, now you are adding yet more "considerations". One would consider all these factors while the killer jumped you, got the gun, and killed you. Thus, no question.

Yes we do and since your family was murder in your presence by uncivilized people they don't deserve to live in a civilized world, but they will and your innocent family will not.

Vengeance provides a momentary satisfaction that you will suffer for the rest of your life.

The rest of the civilized world has abandoned the death penalty as barbaric. I imagine the US will dump the archaic practice within 20 years.

But your family was killed by barbaric people who will live for a long time with all the healthcare they can handle.

Let them rot in prison

If you lived in Connecticut what would you do?

Probably become a believer that hell really does exist?

Thanks but would like to see what you would do.

As soon as the gun came to bear on them I would shoot 3 times in rapid succession in the central chest area.

Now that is if they had just killed a family member.
If I ran accross them later , now that is a different matter.. not sure on that.

I do believe in the death penalty though.

Ok, now you are adding yet more "considerations". One would consider all these factors while the killer jumped you, got the gun, and killed you. Thus, no question.

If you have to think about yes you will be dead. But if you react knowing that the uncivilized barbaric evil people will be alive because the your state took the death penalty off the table. You would be alive and they will be dead.

If you have to think about yes you will be dead. But if you react knowing that the uncivilized barbaric evil people will be alive because the your state took the death penalty off the table. You would be alive and they will be dead.

Why can't a kill the alleged person BEFORE HE/SHE killed my family?

Most of the civilized world does not have the death penalty and your simplistic scenario of personal vengeance almost never occurs

Thanks but would like to see what you would do.

As soon as the gun came to bear on them I would shoot 3 times in rapid succession in the central chest area.

Now that is if they had just killed a family member.
If I ran accross them later , now that is a different matter.. not sure on that.

I do believe in the death penalty though.

You bring up another twist what if they got away and you crossed paths with them again.
As for me my position does not change. Knowing that my state took the death penalty off the table and if they were captured by the police they would never get the death penalty, those barbaric uncivilized people would be dead where they stood.
Thanks for the input

Because you just got home from work, shopping or what ever.

I'd be judge, jury and executioner then ask myself WTF was I thinking living in Connecticut in the first place.

Under the Bush Doctrine you can ;)

Wow! I've lived in MANY places and traveled al over the USA, South America, Canada and Europe. I love Connecticut more than all of them. Why the bad rap?

In response to the OP, I would blow the killer's fuc#ing head off. And I am against the death penalty and reside in Connecticut.

One point here.
If you did come accross the scene and killed the perp you would not get life. You might not even serve any prison time.

Now if you came accross him days or so later and killed him you would get at least 5-10.

I always liked Heinlein's view on the death penalty (or at least a view presented in TMIAHM. He was in favor of it, in selected circumstances - but only if carried out by the family and friends of victims. It should never be a power we grant to government.

One point here.
If you did come accross the scene and killed the perp you would not get life. You might not even serve any prison time.

Now if you came accross him days or so later and killed him you would get at least 5-10.

It would depend on the state for both cases.
An elderly man in Charlotte had this elderly man and wife who had just suffered an home invasion. Before the thugs left they tide them up and threaten them. The elderly man freed himself an his wife grabbed his gun hunted down the thug teenagers and shot and killed one. He told the police he was in fear for his like because he thought he so a gun and that he was trying to shoot the tires of the car the thugs were standing near. He never was charged.

New Topics

Forum List

Back