If you could remove or add to the constitution what would it be?

Repeal the Third Amendment !
so you want property taken to quarter troops?
I say repeal the 16th amendment

I think we pay enough for our military that they don’t have to quarter in peoples homes
they werent there because they couldnt afford housing you dumbass,,
Actually, there were no Holiday Inns back then
again not the reason they were housed in peoples homes,,
if you werent such a dumbass you would know that,,,
Repeal the Third Amendment!
why???
It is an insult of our freedom to house the military
no idiot it prevents the government from taking your property it doesn't prevent anyone from freely giving

Here’s what needs doing...

1. Term limits. No more than two terms for anyone in Congress.
2. Public funding applies to congress and president. No private money allowed.
3. Return Senate positions to governor’s choice.
4. Strict adherence to the Bill of Rights, which means the immediate elimination of the NSA, CIA, FBI, and any other agencies spying on Americans.
5. Reduce the military by 75%. Close the Pentagon and dismantle the JCS.
6. Something must be done about the Judiciary branch, but I haven’t figured that out yet.
Why two terms when at least the first will be pissed away running for the second? We can change the length of time for a term but let's limit it to a single term with the stipulation that they'll have to sit out an equal length to time after that term is up as John Q public citizen and tax payer before they can serve in ANY other public office. It sounds like of, by and for the people is a good idea and it's about time we gave it a try. As it is we have a system that attracts our worst. Let's try a system that attracts our best for a change.

4. Strict adherence to the Bill of Rights, which means the immediate elimination of the NSA, CIA, FBI, and any other agencies spying on Americans.
6. Something must be done about the Judiciary branch, but I haven’t figured that out yet.
Why two terms when at least the first will be pissed away running for the second? We can change the length of time for a term but let's limit it to a single term with the stipulation that they'll have to sit out an equal length to time after that term is up as John Q public citizen and tax payer before they can serve in ANY other public office. It sounds like of, by and for the people is a good idea and it's about time we gave it a try. As it is we have a system that attracts our worst. Let's try a system that attracts our best for a change.
Sounds good to me.

However something has to be gone with the judicial system. It is terribly corrupt and imprisons far too many innocent people, mostly poor and minorities.

Justice is far from blind and is for sale. The rich often get off, while the poor get railroaded.

I had jobs from 1957 - 2009. Social Security was withdrawn from my paychecks for all those years with the understanding that I would be taken care of when I retired. I found out that instead of increasing the fund with interest payments the money earned, Congress had started tapping Social Security funds starting with the Johnson administration on to pay for whatever Congress decided to use the money for. That's a long time to believe the money taken out of every paycheck I ever got was not set aside for me, because the fund was in the news from time to time saying Social Security was bankrupt and nearing an end. The Obama administration withheld my payments for 5 consecutive months for one reason or another. At the same time, the federal government was handing out Obama phones to beat the band for people who never paid a nickel in federal taxes. Something's wrong with this picture, that's all.

As you know, Social Security was never intended to take care of anyone when they retired. It was intended as a SUPPLEMENTAL income for the last year or two of your life.

You are also...misinformed about Congress raiding the SS Trust Fund.

4. The government has raided the trust fund
The federal government does not take money from Social Security to pay general operating expenses. Payroll tax revenue has gone into Social Security's trust fund ever since the fund was created in 1939, and this trust fund is separate from the country's general funds.

However, the trust fund does invest in government-backed securities, including special obligation notes, that pay interest. So, in this way, it does provide funding for the federal government, but it does so no differently than an individual who buys U.S. Treasury bonds as an investment.

According to one source I found, our defense budget is $732 billion. China spends $261 billion according to the same source. We have more allies than China. If we cut 1/3 of the military budget, we would still be spending $488 billion.

I hardly think that would be going back to wood & cloth airplanes.
The problem with our military budget is not the numbers; it's the abuse. If we could eliminate the special programs and over spending and fraud, the budget would be far closer to your proposal than it is now.
We spend 40 cents out of every military dollar on earth.

View attachment 340638

We have changed the mission of our military from defending our nation to being the policeman for the world.

Cut that 40 cents down to 30 cents and we would have money for healthcare, education, modern infrastructure

You believe China! How cute! :D

According to one source I found, our defense budget is $732 billion. China spends $261 billion according to the same source. We have more allies than China. If we cut 1/3 of the military budget, we would still be spending $488 billion.

I hardly think that would be going back to wood & cloth airplanes.
The problem with our military budget is not the numbers; it's the abuse. If we could eliminate the special programs and over spending and fraud, the budget would be far closer to your proposal than it is now.
We spend 40 cents out of every military dollar on earth.

View attachment 340638

We have changed the mission of our military from defending our nation to being the policeman for the world.

Cut that 40 cents down to 30 cents and we would have money for healthcare, education, modern infrastructure

You believe China! How cute! :D
I believe we have double Chinas military power

Sounds good to me.

However something has to be gone with the judicial system. It is terribly corrupt and imprisons far too many innocent people, mostly poor and minorities.

Justice is far from blind and is for sale. The rich often get off, while the poor get railroaded.
We lock too many people up for drug related crimes

I think we pay enough for our military that they don’t have to quarter in peoples homes
why???
no idiot it prevents the government from taking your property it doesn't prevent anyone from freely giving
It is unpatriotic not to house the military. Especially if you have a spare bedroom
Not that they would be mooching, they can bring MREs

Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment. Our founders wisely set up our government so that our States would be represented in Washington. Imagine how much more fiscally responsible Washington would be if the Senate rejected every unfunded mandate passed on to the States.

Text
The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.
This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.

Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment. Our founders wisely set up our government so that our States would be represented in Washington. Imagine how much more fiscally responsible Washington would be if the Senate rejected every unfunded mandate passed on to the States.

Text
The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.
This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.
I know, imagine the travesty of allowing people to elect their representatives

Great to see you grudgingly give your wholehearted support to President Trump for taking steps to correct the Criminal Justice Bill signed by President Bill Clinton and strongly supported by Joe Biden!

President Trump signs criminal justice reform First Step Act into law
DECEMBER 21, 2018 03:30:20 PM

Erin McCarthy Holliday

President Donald Trump signed on Friday the First Step Act, a bipartisan criminal justice reform bill aimed at reducing recidivism and refining sentencing laws and harsh penalties.
The US Senate approved the Act Tuesday with a vote of 87 to 12, and the House signed it Thursday 358-36.

The bill expands in-prison and post-release employment programming, includes components related to alternatives to prison for low-risk prisoners such as home confinement, prohibits restraints on pregnant prisoners, and mandates evidence-based treatment for opioid and heroin abuse, among others.

The bill revises the Controlled Substances Act’s harsh drug penalties, including a lowering of the “three strikes” rule for drug felons that had sent them to life in prison, now down to 25 years, and it changes the two or more felonies within the rule from any “felony drug offense” to “a serious drug felony or serious violent felony,” defined in the text of the bill

Text

That's why it is called the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

Sounds good to me.

And in nearly all cases, they are poor and minorities. The rich skate.

why???
It is unpatriotic not to house the military. Especially if you have a spare bedroom
thats a pathetic reason,,,and spits in the face of why its there to start with,,,

OH and I do house them with my taxs,,,

Text

Senators represent the people not political party hacks

Text

No. LOL. You’re much too old to believe that shit.

They represent their wealthy donors.

why???
thats a pathetic reason,,,and spits in the face of why its there to start with,,,

OH and I do house them with my taxs,,,
The Third Amendment is Unpatriotic and UnAmerican
People should proudly house soldiers.

If you didn’t have the Third Amendment, you wouldn’t need the Second.
If you have an armed soldier in your house, who needs firearms?

Text

No. LOL. You’re much too old to believe that shit.

They represent their wealthy donors.
And if they don’t. THE PEOPLE vote them out of office
Happens all the time

Forum List

Back