CDZ If you can wait in a long line for a lotto ticket, pack of smokes, ot fifth of vodka, surely you can vote in person, No?

. Do you need to have a link in this room? This is not really linkable

I see people on oxygen and others who look like Ginsburger waiting for those smokes and lotto.
Exactly. If you can safely go to the grocery store, you can safely vote in person.
Every time I go to any store I run a risk of exposure so I only do it if I see no other options. Getting a package mailed or seeing my doctor are risks I choose to take. I don't wait in a long line for a lotto ticket, pack of smokes, or fifth of vodka, I have them delivered. Shouldn't I have the option of avoiding the risk of voting in person? I've done it in the past.
IF you use the secure absentee system wher your signature is verified i dont see a problem with it.. Now the democrats No verification and mail them to everyone including the dead and pets..... No way....
Seems to work just fine in Oregon. You just parroting the President or do you know different?

Low rates of fraud in vote-by-mail states show the benefits outweigh the risks
Oregon has a signature verification process. You call in and request a form to fill out. You sign and date it. they then send out your ballot after checking your residency. My brother lives up there and he does it every year. As long as it is secured and there is a method to hold people accountable it will work fine. That said however, if the mail system is incapable of handling the load, then its of little use to use it. Ballots will be lost and or stolen and fraud will run rampant. It all depends on how secure and trustworthy those handling the ballots are.

CBS did a mock mail in ballot initiative where the ballots were dropped all over the city of San Diego and they lost over 5,200 ballots out of 6000.. Almost a 90% failure. They did an investigation and found about 50% of them, all democrat ballots, in an inappropriate place. The Republican ballots have never been found. This method is ripe for fraud and abuse. CBS buried this story when it showed rampant inability to do this in their mail system.

...and I'll bet you did that by ABSENTEE BALLOT wherein you requested a ballot be mailed to you, you filled it out and sent it back.

Universal mail-in balloting is not the same. That's where ballots are mailed out by the thousands to every known voter on the rolls whether they asked for one or not. Some have moved, some are dead...but the ballots are out there, easily intercepted and filled out by someone else other than a registered voter. It's just another way to stuff the ballot boxes.
As I understand it, there are several states that have been doing mail-in balloting for years and I don't recall there being problems with the vote. Are there examples of mail-in balloting resulting in stuffed the ballot boxes?
The successful states have been using ABSENTEE BALLOTS, not mass mailings. I don't have a link to it but there's a case where tens (I think it was 80 or so) of ballot applications were mailed to the same address with different names of each envelope...and it was a one bedroom apartment.

Edit:
Here it is. 83 ballots sent to one address. A computer glitch that easily could turn into fraudulent votes.

You're being played I think.

I doubt 83 ballots will swing an election but I don't know there was any fraud involved.

As for Absentee vs mass mailings, the Oregon website says you're wrong:
Oregon has the most convenient voting system in the country. Since adopting vote-by-mail, Oregon consistently ranks as a national leader in voter turnout.​
Registered voters receive a ballot two to three weeks before an election, giving time to research issues or candidates.​
Voters also receive an official ballot to complete and insert into the security envelope which is placed in the ballot return envelope and signed by the voter. The ballot return envelope can be stamped and mailed or dropped off at any official drop boxacross the state.​

10 Oregon voters were found guilty of fraud in 2016 but most of the convictions involved people who cast a ballot in two different states. I don't know that in-person voting would have prevented that. The people convicted were from various political sides.
More likely it is you being played. If you think voter fraud doesn't happen and cannot be utilized to swing close races toward the loser, you're naive.

I don't use anecdotal cases to say that massive voter fraud takes place, just to show that it is possible. I know of one case where a person voted once in Alabama, then drove to Mississippi and voted again, gathered up a bunch of people and drove them back to Alabama to vote a second time there.

When a race between two candidates is really close, one illegal vote can spell defeat for either of them.

I see people on oxygen and others who look like Ginsburger waiting for those smokes and lotto.
Exactly. If you can safely go to the grocery store, you can safely vote in person.
Every time I go to any store I run a risk of exposure so I only do it if I see no other options. Getting a package mailed or seeing my doctor are risks I choose to take. I don't wait in a long line for a lotto ticket, pack of smokes, or fifth of vodka, I have them delivered. Shouldn't I have the option of avoiding the risk of voting in person? I've done it in the past.
IF you use the secure absentee system wher your signature is verified i dont see a problem with it.. Now the democrats No verification and mail them to everyone including the dead and pets..... No way....
Seems to work just fine in Oregon. You just parroting the President or do you know different?

Oregon has a signature verification process. You call in and request a form to fill out. You sign and date it. they then send out your ballot after checking your residency. My brother lives up there and he does it every year. As long as it is secured and there is a method to hold people accountable it will work fine. That said however, if the mail system is incapable of handling the load, then its of little use to use it. Ballots will be lost and or stolen and fraud will run rampant. It all depends on how secure and trustworthy those handling the ballots are.

CBS did a mock mail in ballot initiative where the ballots were dropped all over the city of San Diego and they lost over 5,200 ballots out of 6000.. Almost a 90% failure. They did an investigation and found about 50% of them, all democrat ballots, in an inappropriate place. The Republican ballots have never been found. This method is ripe for fraud and abuse. CBS buried this story when it showed rampant inability to do this in their mail system.
CBS says it was 100, plus a "few," ballots. Where did you see 6000?

It sounds like your brother is requesting an absentee ballot since his story contradicts what the official website says.

I couldn't find your CBS story either. The only one I found said that 3% of the ballots they mailed were lost. Not good but there was no fraud involved.

Got any more fake news to share?

...and I'll bet you did that by ABSENTEE BALLOT wherein you requested a ballot be mailed to you, you filled it out and sent it back.

Universal mail-in balloting is not the same. That's where ballots are mailed out by the thousands to every known voter on the rolls whether they asked for one or not. Some have moved, some are dead...but the ballots are out there, easily intercepted and filled out by someone else other than a registered voter. It's just another way to stuff the ballot boxes.
As I understand it, there are several states that have been doing mail-in balloting for years and I don't recall there being problems with the vote. Are there examples of mail-in balloting resulting in stuffed the ballot boxes?
The successful states have been using ABSENTEE BALLOTS, not mass mailings. I don't have a link to it but there's a case where tens (I think it was 80 or so) of ballot applications were mailed to the same address with different names of each envelope...and it was a one bedroom apartment.

Edit:
Here it is. 83 ballots sent to one address. A computer glitch that easily could turn into fraudulent votes.

You're being played I think.

I doubt 83 ballots will swing an election but I don't know there was any fraud involved.

As for Absentee vs mass mailings, the Oregon website says you're wrong:
Oregon has the most convenient voting system in the country. Since adopting vote-by-mail, Oregon consistently ranks as a national leader in voter turnout.​
Registered voters receive a ballot two to three weeks before an election, giving time to research issues or candidates.​
Voters also receive an official ballot to complete and insert into the security envelope which is placed in the ballot return envelope and signed by the voter. The ballot return envelope can be stamped and mailed or dropped off at any official drop boxacross the state.​

10 Oregon voters were found guilty of fraud in 2016 but most of the convictions involved people who cast a ballot in two different states. I don't know that in-person voting would have prevented that. The people convicted were from various political sides.
More likely it is you being played. If you think voter fraud doesn't happen and cannot be utilized to swing close races toward the loser, you're naive.

I don't use anecdotal cases to say that massive voter fraud takes place, just to show that it is possible. I know of one case where a person voted once in Alabama, then drove to Mississippi and voted again, gathered up a bunch of people and drove them back to Alabama to vote a second time there.

When a race between two candidates is really close, one illegal vote can spell defeat for either of them.
So you say in-person voting is subject to fraud? Duh. Should we do away with in-person voting?

What you're really saying is that, for no other reason than to quiet your fears, you want me to have to vote in-person instead of having a ballot just mailed to me.

So you say in-person voting is subject to fraud? Duh. Should we do away with in-person voting?
I'm not sayin' you're stupid...but that is the stupidest question I have been asked in decades.
What you're really saying is that, for no other reason than to quiet your fears, you want me to have to vote in-person instead of having a ballot just mailed to me.
Ah, the strawman tactic! What a disingenuous way to discuss political issues. You should refrain from rephrasing what I say. You do so to create a false representation of my argument in order to make you rebuttal appear overwhelming. You are apparently totally incapable of comprehending English or you have not read what I've written here in the last few posts I've made.

Firstly, I really do not care whether you vote or not.

Secondly, I do not care what method of voting you employ as long as it is legal in your voting precinct.

Thirdly, I have never objected to the mailing of ballots to registered voters.

Most definitely, I have no fears regarding how you vote. You're expressing narcissism to entertain that thought.

I have concerns about how the November 2020 election is handled, but no fears. I have no doubt that at least one fraudulent vote will occur. Why should I fear it?

Absentee ballots are sent both ways by the USPS (mail) and do not give me concern. It involves a ballot being mailed to a voter who has requested it and that voter mailing it back. Therefore I am not concerned with your "having a ballot just mailed to" you. Have at it, bro!

What I do not condone is the mass mailing of ballots to voters who may not know that they're coming, that may be addressed to the wrong person, that may be addressed to a dead person, that may be addressed to a person that has moved...

Additionally, in some cases even a great number of illegal votes do not affect a presidential election, especially in liberal states where the liberal candidate would win without them anyway. Some have estimated that thousands of California's illegal aliens voted for Hillary in 2016. Even if millions of them had done so, it would not change the Electoral College votes cast by California electors. All it changes is the popular vote count. (That's why the liberals want to get rid of the Electoral College.)

Where illegal votes may have a greater impact is in local races where the Electoral College is not involved.

Last edited:
If Trump doesn't have to vote in person, neither do the people.
He requested a ballot by mail. There was a record of request. Ballot mailed back and checked for sigs, then stapled with the request. That is how you do it.
The Demnuts don't lmow the difference between absentee ballots (been around for decades) and mass ballot mailings (been around ever since the Dems recognized it as a good way to stuff the ballot boxes with fraudulent ballots).

"Yesiree, folks! Just keep those cards and letters comin' in! We'll count 'em all!"

The thread is about standing in line. Why did you attempt to change the subject?
Insisting on mass mail voting is just a feeble excuse for not wanting to stand in line. Duh!

The thread is about standing in line. Concentrate.

He requested a ballot by mail. There was a record of request. Ballot mailed back and checked for sigs, then stapled with the request. That is how you do it.

The thread is about standing in line. So we seem to be clear that there is no reason anyone should have to do that if they do not want to in order to vote.

P.S. It's also unlikely that Trump himself requested the ballot.
I am actually for this mail in voting pal. I want to see this election so screwed up we will never know the winner.

The SC rules Trump prez by default. I retired at 50 btw looking far ahead with wisdom.

If it's safe for the president to vote my mail, it's safe for everyone.
Absentee Ballot? You can vote by mail that way, just request it.
I think it takes no more than a phone call to the registrar to mail out a form
for you to fill out and sign.

So this thread is a waste of time. We all seem to agree that no one should have to stand in line to vote if they do not want to.

You

You'd surely go cash that winning Powerball ticket in person, huh? NO ONE would mail in a winning Powerball, COVID be damned!

For the second time, XXXX, the frantic drive by the liberals to get massive mail-in voting in place is related to their unfounded fear of standing in lines to vote in person. They go to stores, demonstrations, riots with no fear, yet they cringe at the thought of standing in line to vote. Discussion of using the massive mail-in system (not the same as using absentee ballots) is not off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the second time, XXXX, the frantic drive by the liberals to get massive mail-in voting in place is related to their unfounded fear of standing in lines to vote in person. They go to stores, demonstrations, riots with no fear, yet they cringe at the thought of standing in line to vote. Discussion of using the massive mail-in system (not the same as using absentee ballots) is not off topic.

So what? If they don't want to stand in line for whatever reason has already been agreed to be acceptable.

So what? If they don't want to stand in line for whatever reason has already been agreed to be acceptable.
I think the point of the matter is using the absentee ballot approach where the voter has to initiate the process and
send back the signed form and the ballot sent out.
As opposed to getting a universal voter list and mailing it out. That could have dead people names that recently died,
people that have recently moved, and not having the names of the new voters in the area.

No one has to VOTE at all-----------

If you aren't mature and with it enough to handle voting without being babied, you should not be voting.
I don't see that in the Constitution. I do see where states have the right to hold elections in any manner they choose.

I don't smoke tobacco, I don't drink poison, I don't gamble away my hard earned money. Looks like I can vote by mail....I'd prefer to vote by female.

Do you go to the grocery store? Go anywhere at all?

I don't smoke tobacco, I don't drink poison, I don't gamble away my hard earned money. Looks like I can vote by mail....I'd prefer to vote by female.

Irrelevant.

Why? If its safe to go other places, why isn't it safe to go vote?

Irrelevant.

Why? If its safe to go other places, why isn't it safe to go vote?
Because most states offer ballots by mail. No one has to pick going to both a grocery store AND vote in person. Folks have the right to go to a grocery store and vote by mail.

Forum List

Back