CDZ Do you consider a country free when 62% of its people are afraid to express an opinion? Simple Yes or NO please.

No. Many Americans have been effectively muzzled by the Democrats' cultural and political "woke" nonsense.

Anyone with even a cursory familiarity with Orwell's fictional Newspeak can see the similarities to what the Democrats are attempting to do here.

The slow destruction of ideas by the destruction (or redefinition) of the words used to express them.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course it is.

People can CHOOSE whether or not so say what they want.

using that logic, nazi germany was free. hell, using that logic, the inmates of the death camps were "free".

right up until they were dead.

of course it is.

using that logic, nazi germany was free. hell, using that logic, the inmates of the death camps were "free".

No one is getting gassed in this country for saying what they want.

No one is getting arrested

Talk about a shitty comparison

No. Many Americans have been effectively muzzled by the Democrats' cultural and political "woke" nonsense.

Anyone with even a cursory familiarity with Orwell's fictional Newspeak can see the similarities to what the Democrats are attempting to do here.

The slow destruction of ideas by the destruction (or redefinition) of the words used to express them.
Fine post, thank you.

Being free to publicly say you hate this group of people or that group of people without any sort of push back is not the sign of a free country.

of course it is.

The entire NATION is on edge because of the VIOLENT DEMOCRAT PARTY and their PROPAGANDA WING.

I know it, you know it, we all freakin' know it.

of course it is.

The entire NATION is on edge because of the VIOLENT DEMOCRAT PARTY and their PROPAGANDA WING.

I know it, you it, we all fucking know it.
I'm not on edge.

I say what I want when I want.

Just because other people can tell you what you said was stupid does not mean this is not a relatively free country

Of course not.

Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut.

Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.

Again, you act like this is something new..

I remember growing up in the 1970's, when people said it wasn't polite to talk about religion or politics in social settings.

Still waiting for you to tell us that that all important thing the PC Police won't let you say.

WOW!!!...I thought this was the Dead Zone on this section.LOL

Liven er up a bit.

My thread is still here. Lol

of course it is.

I'm not on edge.

Just because other people can tell you what you said was stupid does not mean this is not a relatively free country
YOU are NOT "the rest of the nation."

That's a cultural thing, not a legal thing.

If the government is locking you up for saying the wrong thing, that's bad.

If you are silencing yourself because you don't want your friends to think you're a jerk, that's on you.

Being free to publicly say you hate this group of people or that group of people without any sort of push back is not the sign of a free country.

It absolutely is. And they have the same right to hate you back.

of course it is.

I'm not on edge.

You said "The ENTIRE nation is on edge"

That means EVERYONE in the nation.

Words mean things. It's ironic that in a thread about free speech you don't seem to realize that words mean things.

of course it is.

I'm not on edge.

You said "The ENTIRE nation is on edge"

That means EVERYONE in the nation.

Words mean things. It's ironic that in a thread about free speech you don't seem to realize that words mean things.
This is also the "CLEAN DEBATE ZONE," yet you feel the need to puke up an insult.

Talk about irony.

"The entire nation" is a generalization, and it's spot on.

Forum List

Back