CDZ If you can wait in a long line for a lotto ticket, pack of smokes, ot fifth of vodka, surely you can vote in person, No?

there is no reason why people should not vote by mail. The elderly, disabled, pregnant, hourly workers who must take time off, should not have to stand for hours in long lines to vote. Moreover, many polling places have been eliminated. A true, faithful American wants every eligible person to vote, because the vote is the bedrock of democracy.

I have made sure to vote in every election, not only because of my interest in the outcome, but also because I am aware of what it took for female Americans to finally gain the right to participate in democracy. I am also fully aware of the steps taken to keep African-descended Americans from casting legitimate ballots. I am "white," but I grew up in the the 50's and 60's and I am aware of what occurred. I remember when the search for three missing civil rights workers ended with their bodies being found in a levy and their burned out station wagon and police were discovered to have taken part in their murders. I remember when Medgar Evers was assassinated in his driveway and Viola Liuzzo was murdered,

trump is trying to eliminate as many votes as he can in order to crown himself king. This will not happen,

. Do you need to have a link in this room? This is not really linkable

I see people on oxygen and others who look like Ginsburger waiting for those smokes and lotto.
Exactly. If you can safely go to the grocery store, you can safely vote in person.
Every time I go to any store I run a risk of exposure so I only do it if I see no other options. Getting a package mailed or seeing my doctor are risks I choose to take. I don't wait in a long line for a lotto ticket, pack of smokes, or fifth of vodka, I have them delivered. Shouldn't I have the option of avoiding the risk of voting in person? I've done it in the past.
...and I'll bet you did that by ABSENTEE BALLOT wherein you requested a ballot be mailed to you, you filled it out and sent it back.

Universal mail-in balloting is not the same. That's where ballots are mailed out by the thousands to every known voter on the rolls whether they asked for one or not. Some have moved, some are dead...but the ballots are out there, easily intercepted and filled out by someone else other than a registered voter. It's just another way to stuff the ballot boxes.

The paper less ballots are suspect.
With the new voting machines in my state, you vote electronically, print out the ballot, look it over, then insert it into a scanner. The election officials keep the printed copies just in case a recount is required. There is a paper trail.

...and I'll bet you did that by ABSENTEE BALLOT wherein you requested a ballot be mailed to you, you filled it out and sent it back.

Universal mail-in balloting is not the same. That's where ballots are mailed out by the thousands to every known voter on the rolls whether they asked for one or not. Some have moved, some are dead...but the ballots are out there, easily intercepted and filled out by someone else other than a registered voter. It's just another way to stuff the ballot boxes.
As I understand it, there are several states that have been doing mail-in balloting for years and I don't recall there being problems with the vote. Are there examples of mail-in balloting resulting in stuffed the ballot boxes?

If Trump doesn't have to vote in person, neither do the people.
He requested a ballot by mail. There was a record of request. Ballot mailed back and checked for sigs, then stapled with the request. That is how you do it.
The Demnuts don't lmow the difference between absentee ballots (been around for decades) and mass ballot mailings (been around ever since the Dems recognized it as a good way to stuff the ballot boxes with fraudulent ballots).

"Yesiree, folks! Just keep those cards and letters comin' in! We'll count 'em all!"

The thread is about standing in line. Why did you attempt to change the subject?

He requested a ballot by mail. There was a record of request. Ballot mailed back and checked for sigs, then stapled with the request. That is how you do it.
The Demnuts don't lmow the difference between absentee ballots (been around for decades) and mass ballot mailings (been around ever since the Dems recognized it as a good way to stuff the ballot boxes with fraudulent ballots).

"Yesiree, folks! Just keep those cards and letters comin' in! We'll count 'em all!"

The thread is about standing in line. Why did you attempt to change the subject?
Insisting on mass mail voting is just a feeble excuse for not wanting to stand in line. Duh!

As I understand it, there are several states that have been doing mail-in balloting for years and I don't recall there being problems with the vote. Are there examples of mail-in balloting resulting in stuffed the ballot boxes?
The successful states have been using ABSENTEE BALLOTS, not mass mailings. I don't have a link to it but there's a case where tens (I think it was 80 or so) of ballot applications were mailed to the same address with different names of each envelope...and it was a one bedroom apartment.

Edit:
Here it is. 83 ballots sent to one address. A computer glitch that easily could turn into fraudulent votes.

The successful states have been using ABSENTEE BALLOTS, not mass mailings. I don't have a link to it but there's a case where tens (I think it was 80 or so) of ballot applications were mailed to the same address with different names of each envelope...and it was a one bedroom apartment.

Edit:
Here it is. 83 ballots sent to one address. A computer glitch that easily could turn into fraudulent votes.

So...voting in person is 100% accurate and fraud free then, right?

Edit:

Voting in person removes about 99% of the fraud potential... The in the mail method you can not guarentee the security of the ballot and tempering with them is easily done or discarded. This is unacceptable..

Last edited:

I see people on oxygen and others who look like Ginsburger waiting for those smokes and lotto.
Exactly. If you can safely go to the grocery store, you can safely vote in person.
Every time I go to any store I run a risk of exposure so I only do it if I see no other options. Getting a package mailed or seeing my doctor are risks I choose to take. I don't wait in a long line for a lotto ticket, pack of smokes, or fifth of vodka, I have them delivered. Shouldn't I have the option of avoiding the risk of voting in person? I've done it in the past.
IF you use the secure absentee system wher your signature is verified i dont see a problem with it.. Now the democrats No verification and mail them to everyone including the dead and pets..... No way....

This is exactly right and why this method is ripe for fraud and abuse.

Edit:

No. It is subject to multiple voting at different precincts in the same state, multiple voting in different states, voting by non-registered citizens, voting by illegal aliens, etc.

In some precincts, the only ID required is a driver's license or a utility bill.

In past elections, there have been reports of more votes being cast than the number of registered voters on the rolls.

Fraudulent voting is not at all impossible. Mass mail voting would make it even more likely...especially with ballot harvesting permitted.

Last edited:

Edit:

You're being played I think.

I doubt 83 ballots will swing an election but I don't know there was any fraud involved.

As for Absentee vs mass mailings, the Oregon website says you're wrong:
Oregon has the most convenient voting system in the country. Since adopting vote-by-mail, Oregon consistently ranks as a national leader in voter turnout.​
Registered voters receive a ballot two to three weeks before an election, giving time to research issues or candidates.

Voters also receive an official ballot to complete and insert into the security envelope which is placed in the ballot return envelope and signed by the voter. The ballot return envelope can be stamped and mailed or dropped off at any official drop boxacross the state.​

10 Oregon voters were found guilty of fraud in 2016 but most of the convictions involved people who cast a ballot in two different states. I don't know that in-person voting would have prevented that. The people convicted were from various political sides.

The thread is about standing in line. So we seem to be clear that there is no reason anyone should have to do that if they do not want to in order to vote.

P.S. It's also unlikely that Trump himself requested the ballot.
I am actually for this mail in voting pal. I want to see this election so screwed up we will never know the winner.

The SC rules Trump prez by default. I retired at 50 btw looking far ahead with wisdom.

If it's safe for the president to vote my mail, it's safe for everyone.
Absentee Ballot? You can vote by mail that way, just request it.
I think it takes no more than a phone call to the registrar to mail out a form
for you to fill out and sign.

IF you use the secure absentee system wher your signature is verified i dont see a problem with it.. Now the democrats No verification and mail them to everyone including the dead and pets..... No way....
Seems to work just fine in Oregon. You just parroting the President or do you know different?

Low rates of fraud in vote-by-mail states show the benefits outweigh the risks

Jefferson County in Colorado has been mailing ballots out to all registered voters since 2013. Feel free to demonstrate voter fraud there as a result...

Edit:

No. It is subject to multiple voting at different precincts in the same state, multiple voting in different states, voting by non-registered citizens, voting by illegal aliens, etc.

In some precincts, the only ID required is a driver's license or a utility bill.

In past elections, there have been reports of more votes being cast than the number of registered voters on the rolls.

Fraudulent voting is not at all impossible. Mass mail voting would make it even more likely...especially with ballot harvesting permitted.

So if neither way is secure, one is no better than the other. You should be able to vote by mail. As Trump does.

Edit:

Voting in person removes about 99% of the fraud potential... The in the mail method you can not guarentee the security of the ballot and tempering with them is easily done or discarded. This is unacceptable..

Good to see you are admitting just how little fraud there is.

As for voting by mail. Good enough for Trump...good enough for me

Forum List

Back