If you can remember watching a black and white television

As a kid I watched Capt. Kangaroo on our black& white TV on saturday mornings.

My dad finally bought a color TV when I was around 10 years old.

That's when I discovered out why they called his friend on the show Mr Green Jeans. .. :lol: :lol:

images

Remember these?

BJ_cast_resized.JPG

205305c43d37a30454ddd3578272a1ec.jpg

Here it is.

s-l300.jpg

Picked i up in the 80s.

Greg
I've got a reel to reel in my man cave.
Here it is.

s-l300.jpg

Picked i up in the 80s.

Greg

Here it is.

s-l300.jpg

Picked i up in the 80s.

Greg

I've got a reel to reel tape deck down in the man cave. A Teac A-6300 and It still works great. I like some of the old gear like my Technics SL 1200 turntable that's worth around two grand these days if you can find one. Some really great gear came out in the 60's & 70's. I might even give up my wife before I'd let go of my ESS AMT1A speakers. They just don't make it like they used to.

I had an old Admiral black and white in my bedroom when I was a boy, the one with the 4 tall legs on it.

I had an old Admiral black and white in my bedroom when I was a boy, the one with the 4 tall legs on it.

We had one TV in the whole house when I was a kid

Now I have six flat screens

And the fights that occurred over that one TV. Mom wanted to watch Lawrence Welk, Dad wanted to watch wrestling, and the kids wanted to watch the westerns.

We had one TV in the whole house when I was a kid

Now I have six flat screens

And the fights that occurred over that one TV. Mom wanted to watch Lawrence Welk, Dad wanted to watch wrestling, and the kids wanted to watch the westerns.

Kids got the TV on Saturday mornings and after school
Once Dad got home you did not bother to say what you wanted to watch

Remember having to get on the roof and turn the antenna until the channel got kind of clear. There was a relay of voices, snowy...better...snowy...snowy...a little better...right there....no, snowy again....snowy....

Remember having to get on the roof and turn the antenna until the channel got kind of clear. There was a relay of voices, snowy...better...snowy...snowy...a little better...right there....no, snowy again....snowy....
But then there were those who sprang for a $30 rotor with set top controls.

Martin_Milner_Kent_McCord_Adam-12_1970.JPG

Adam-12 is a television police procedural drama that follows Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officers Pete Malloy and Jim Reed as they ride the streets of Los Angeles in their patrol unit, 1-Adam-12.
Wasnt black and white
All shows after 1965 were color

Not if you didn’t own a color TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before Adam-12 there was Route 66 with Martin Milner and George Maharis, the TV series that sold America on the adventure of the Open Road. Across the country, high school students, housewives, and husbands pictured themselves behind the wheel of a vette driving off to adventures on the open road.

One of the shows I remember are "You ARE There". It was a history show that acted out important times like The Boston Tea Party. Don't know how old I was but loved that show.

Added: The Show was on from 1953 to 1977.

Unlike many b&w movies, b&w television presentations lacked the style, composition, and artistry. I don't think I have ever heard anyone mourn the passing b&w television. Color made television bearable and at times enjoyable.
The first color tv's were not that great. Very little color and the tv was "snowy."

Forum List

Back