If you can remember watching a black and white television

One of my favorite shows, ever!

iu

"I ain't had my breh-fish yet"

I remember getting up at 6 AM and the test pattern would still be on
Then they would show some farmer short followed by Crusader Rabbit and eventually Captain Kangaroo
Okay, here's the money question and I want you to think long and hard before you answer. This is serious.

Underdog or Super Chicken?
Get it wrong and you'll have to go down on Hobo Kelly.

Buck-a, Buck-a, Buck-a, Buck-a, Buck-a, Buck-a, ba
Super Chicken

But I did love Wally Cox

iu
The major problem with Westerns like this is 30 mins less 8 mins for commercials is not long enough to produce and effective western drama. After Gunsmoke changed to a 1 hr format in season 7, the quality of the stories, the acting, and their ratings improved.
Rifleman was good
He could kill a lot of bad guys in 22 min

I'm watching the 1st color TV show. :dance: Very 1st one broadcast in color.

It's not Lucy..

iu

I know this! Darnitallrohel!!

Happy Days? Green Acres? PettiCoat Junction?

It's "Green Acres". :)

Did you know Eddie Albert tooled around in a motorboat, hauling wounded out of the water and transporting them to the ship on D-Day? He did that.
Green Acres was around 1964
Walt Disney Wonderful World of Color was 1961

iu
The major problem with Westerns like this is 30 mins less 8 mins for commercials is not long enough to produce and effective western drama. After Gunsmoke changed to a 1 hr format in season 7, the quality of the stories, the acting, and their ratings improved.
Rifleman was good
Yeah it was pretty good. I preferred "Have Gun Will Travel" and of course good old Marshall Dillon, who killed 303 people in his 20 years as a lawman, more than all the city marshals who wore a badge.

iu
Rifleman was good
Yeah it was pretty good. I preferred "Have Gun Will Travel" and of course good old Marshall Dillon, who killed 303 people in his 20 years as a lawman, more than all the city marshals who wore a badge.

I think Lucas McCain killed like 113 in his five years

The Casualty List for The Rifleman

Last edited:

iu
Rifleman was good

Not that good as a First baseman with the 51' Cubs though.

iu
Rifleman was good

I read a history of western lawmen and outlaws and I remember a couple of interest facts that kind of destroys our image of these brave lawmen.
There is no record of two gunmen ever facing off in the street in a fast draw duel.

Gunfights were rare. There have been far more gunfights on TV and movies than there were in the Old West.

In an interview with Wyatt Earp,
A reporter ask Earp, "What is best method to catch a killer?".
Earp replied, "You sneak up behind him and club in the head or shoot him."
The reporters ask Earp, "You mean you wouldn't get him a fair chance."
Earp replied, "Fair chance? Hell, I might get shot".
Later in the interview Earp was asked about having a fast draw. He said, he practically never had to a draw pistol in a fight because any time he suspected trouble he had his gun in his hand. Drawing a gun in a fight is a good way to get shot.

Last edited:

iu
Rifleman was good

I read a history of western lawmen and outlaws and I remember a couple of interest facts that kind of destroys our image of these brave lawmen.
There is no record of two gunmen ever facing off in the street in a fast draw duel.

Gunfights were rare. There have been far more gunfights on TV and movies than there were in the Old West.

In an interview with Wyatt Earp,
A reporter ask Earp, "What is best method to catch a killer?".
Earp replied, "You sneak up behind him and club in the head or shoot him."
The reporters ask Earp, "You mean you wouldn't get him a fair chance."
Earp replied, "Fair chance? Hell, I might get shot".
Later in the interview Earp was asked about having a fast draw. He said, he practically never had to a draw pistol in a fight because any time he suspected trouble he had his gun in his hand. Drawing a gun in a fight is a good way to get shot.

Yes their was buffalo bill, was just reading it a few days ago

Then you're getting old like me.
Did you ever wonder why nobody ever said "white and black" ?
Feel free to share any favorite white and black shows, films, commercials or images from the pre-color days.

When I was just old enough to remember (1960?) we would visit the grandparents in Maine where my father and my grandfather would watch boxing on friday nights. The thing is; reception was so bad all we actually saw were fuzzy images of what appeared to be 2 guys engaging in fisticuffs.

Then you're getting old like me.
Did you ever wonder why nobody ever said "white and black" ?
Feel free to share any favorite white and black shows, films, commercials or images from the pre-color days.

When I was just old enough to remember (1960?) we would visit the grandparents in Maine where my father and my grandfather would watch boxing on friday nights. The thing is; reception was so bad all we actually saw were fuzzy images of what appeared to be 2 guys engaging in fisticuffs.

Yes, and in those days we thought it was great. Of course sometimes the snow was so bad we couldn't tell the referee from the contestants.

iu
Rifleman was good

Not that good as a First baseman with the 51' Cubs though.

Also the first NBA player to shatter a backboard

Forum List

Back