If/when the next strain of COVID appears

Will you wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
AfraidToLive.jpg

Well, if you can find a mask that works down to the size of a virus, please link to it.
You obviously don't understand how masks and protective gear works, let me explain it to you.

Ok I work in a hospital with Doctors and Nurses, clearly you don't know the purpose of the mask. We are required to wear masks everyday. Let me explain very easily what happens. People who are sick with Flu, COVID, RSV, upper respiratory infections spread droplets. A droplet is like that gewy liquid shit that comes out someones nose when they sneeze or cough. If you don't wear some kind of covering over your face that liquid gewy crap lands in your nose, eyes, mouth. If enough of that is inhaled/ swallowed into the body you get sick. The facemask, faceshield, googles prevent that gewy liquid from getting sprayed in your face. The gewy liquidy crap sprays on your protective gear: mask, faceshield, goggles and not you. If it sprays on your protective gear and not you it prevents illness.

You obviously don't understand how masks and protective gear works, let me explain it to you.

Ok I work in a hospital with Doctors and Nurses, clearly you don't know the purpose of the mask. We are required to wear masks everyday. Let me explain very easily what happens. People who are sick with Flu, COVID, RSV, upper respiratory infections spread droplets. A droplet is like that gewy liquid shit that comes out someones nose when they sneeze or cough. If you don't wear some kind of covering over your face that liquid gewy crap lands in your nose, eyes, mouth. If enough of that is inhaled/ swallowed into the body you get sick. The facemask, faceshield, googles prevent that gewy liquid from getting sprayed in your face. The gewy liquidy crap sprays on your protective gear: mask, faceshield, goggles and not you. If it sprays on your protective gear and not you it prevents illness.
Thank you for that, you added nothing new. I wear masks for work, under more tricky conditions than you do, but that's s the joys of working in construction with different dusts, asbestos etc.. So choosing the right mask is important. We rarely use eye protection because they either fog up with water vapour and/or dust.

So like I said, if you can find a mask that works down to the size of a virus, please link to it. The EN standard goes down to bacteria size, but I'm still waiting for this elusive mask link.

Next time it's freezing, go outside and huff through one of your crappy hospital masks and report back.

Thank you for that, you added nothing new. I wear masks for work, under more tricky conditions than you do, but that's s the joys of working in construction with different dusts, asbestos etc.. So choosing the right mask is important. We rarely use eye protection because they either fog up with water vapour and/or dust.

So like I said, if you can find a mask that works down to the size of a virus, please link to it. The EN standard goes down to bacteria size, but I'm still waiting for this elusive mask link.

Next time it's freezing, go outside and huff through one of your crappy hospital masks and report back.
So you know more about healthcare than Doctors or Nurses. Ok thanks for the advice. By the way I am getting a Masters degree in Healthcare and it will be my 2nd Masters degree. You know more about masks than Doctors or Nurses or anyone who works in healthcare because you work in construction. Next time your at a hospital tell a Doctor or a Nurse that masks don't work since you know so much more about healthcare than they do. After all you have to be so much smarter than them since you work in construction.

So you know more about healthcare than Doctors or Nurses. Ok thanks for the advice. By the way I am getting a Masters degree in Healthcare and it will be my 2nd Masters degree. You know more about masks than Doctors or Nurses or anyone who works in healthcare because you work in construction. Next time your at a hospital tell a Doctor or a Nurse that masks don't work since your know so much more about healthcare than they do.
Excellent, then please supply a link.

In laboratories, do they wear your little blue masks when handling viruses. I hope your degree will help on this tricky question.

Excellent, then please supply a link.

In laboratories, do they wear your little blue masks when handling viruses. I hope your degree will help on this tricky question.
You read nothing about my first reply to you. The majority of time the virus spreads through droplets, you know what a droplet is right? That liquid that flys out of someone's nose when they sneeze or cough is a droplet. The virus is inside that droplet. The mask, goggles, faceshield prevent that droplet from spraying on you. It is so simple logic and I feel so bad that you still are not understanding.

You read nothing about my first reply to you. The majority of time the virus spreads through droplets, you know what a droplet is right? That liquid that flys out of someone's nose when they sneeze or cough is a droplet. The virus is inside that droplet. The mask, goggles, faceshield prevent that droplet from spraying on you. It is so simple logic and I feel so bad that you still are not understanding.

What a fool you are.

masks are ONE component of 1910-1030 , utilizing it alone is akin to wearing 1/2 a helmet

~S~

What a fool you are.
No the fools are all the people who wear masks incorrectly !

They put in mask mandates and I would say the majority of people wear masks incorrectly and thus the mask doesn't work. People will not wear their mask correctly because they are uncomfortable to wear and then they wonder why they don't work. Yes I know there have been some questionable studies saying masks may not work, but were all the people in these studies wearing their masks correctly? No of course not! If the masks are worn correctly they work. Putting a mask on that is not covering your mouth and nose is the dumbest thing, yet idiots do it all the time and then go around saying masks don't work.

No the fools are all the people who wear masks incorrectly !

They put in mask mandates and I would say the majority of people wear masks incorrectly and thus the mask doesn't work. People will not wear their mask correctly because they are uncomfortable to wear and then they wonder why they don't work. Yes I know there have been some questionable studies saying masks may not work, but were all the people in these studies wearing their masks correctly? No of course not! If the masks are worn correctly they work. Putting a mask on that is not covering your mouth and nose is the dumbest thing, yet idiots do it all the time and then go around saying masks don't work.
Listen Dillon, studies have shown that masks give "some" benefit. Surgeons wear masks to stop/reduce larger blobs of saliva/sweat landing on incisions etc.. The EU directive has masks down to bacteria level, not virus level. Hence why even doctors and nurses still contracted COVID. Masks can reduce the plume from an infected person, hence the 2 metre / 6 foot distancing rule. They DO NOT stop transmission.

So if you're told a flimsy or any mask stops COVID, or any virus, whoever is teaching you your degree is taking the piss out of you. Go get a refund. Now, virologists work in a suit with an integral mask that's connected to an outside ventilation system, because gosh horror, masks and visors do not anywhere near protect you.

Now, if I wear the correct face mask PPE on a site grinding out mortar joints, I bet you $1m that the workmen still get fine grit/mortar dust up their nostrils and in their mouths. And yes, they're fitted correctly.

So quit annoying me with your crap please.

What sort of protective equipment do they use in virology labs?

It's not a hard question

Why do you dodge it?

Forum List

Back