Zone1 If we worship One God...

I understand you are citing a book of myths as proof the myths within it are true.

If I cited to you that reincarnation is real, because it says so in an old religious text, you would feel the same way.

Given my sympathy for you, I will allow you the frustrated, whiny insults.
You are still missing the boat and floundering in the water. The boat is answering those who claim there is no living spirits of the dead from the Bible. Whether you believe or not, you should be able to read and say to them the Bible does say spirits of the dead are alive and being preached to. Even getting their baptisms done for them by those who are alive. Yet, you don’t get it. Very slow.

Okay. I feel like I could also just read it differently. As many apparently do.
How do you read the two verses differently? Did Jesus lie when he said he went to spirit prison and preached or taught those in the days of Noah? You do know there was around 2200 to 2400 years between Noah and Jesus Christ. Or, Peter saying the spirits of the dead are being preached to. You have to completely change all the words in those scriptures of 1st Peter chapters 3 and 4.

Did Jesus lie when he said he went to spirit prison and preached or taught those in the days of Noah?
Maybe it was just a myth to teach a lesson.

(Which would actually be a fable, not a myth. Myths purport themselves to be true.)

I believe another Christian in this thread just said that. And I'm not trying to sow any division or pick a fight. It just is what it is.

Maybe it was just a myth to teach a lesson.

(Which would actually be a fable, not a myth. Myths purport themselves to be true.)

I believe another Christian in this thread just said that. And I'm not trying to sow any division or pick a fight. It just is what it is.
What lesson? No, that's not true and you know it. You know what his parables looked like, how he began them and so on.
What is also interesting is that in chapter 3 of 1Peter it is clear that Jesus Went into the prison. Sounds like he preached to them. But, in chapter 4, it isn't saying that. It says that a all the dead were preached to. But, doesn't say by Jesus himself. It's our belief that Jesus went and organized a missionary program where those in Paradise go to those in Hell and preach the Gospel. Much like we do here on earth today.

Forum List

Back