If Trump OK's A FBI Investigation Will Kavanaugh Withdraw?

The problem with that is that Feinstein was respecting Ford's request to NOT TELL ANYONE who she was. That included the FBI.

You don't know that, you only know that's what Feinstein said in her self serving statement.

Making an assumption that the senator was acting in good faith, even though there is a lot of evidence to suggest that the woman's goal from the start was to torpedo the nomination no matter who was nominated, is quite the leap in faith.
No, it wasn't just Feinstein, it was Ford in her sworn testimony. Look, there is no sense discussing this with you if you have determined that EVERYONE here is lying except for Kavanaugh.

Go ahead, explain how Ford can't remember how she got home after this harrowing ordeal.
It's been explained over and over by the experts. Google it.

Not it hasn't, your non-answer has been noted.

Trump orders FBI to investigate Kavanaugh amid sexual misconduct allegations

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct an additional background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faces several sexual misconduct allegations.

"I've ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

Trump’s action followed an extraordinary call from several key Republican senators to enlist the FBI to gather more information about the alleged incidents involving Kavanaugh when he was in high school and college before the Senate holds a vote on his confirmation.

What does "limited in scope" mean?
Doesn't matter. The FBI will go where the facts lead them.

So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?

None of it matters, not one Dem vote will be gained. This is ALL about delaying, without question. Your Constitution is under attack.

If he isn't cleared Flake, Collins and Murkowski won't vote yes.

He is already clear because in our society, we value the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE over unsubstantiated allegations. Murkowski won't vote for him because she was not going to anyways before the allegations. Flake will support him. Collins is the only question mark. The FBI will not be able to find anything more than what is known. They don't have a TIME MACHINE and can't interview the walls of the room where the alleged event occurred.

Kavanaugh has had his good name and innocence assaulted in front of the entire world. How would you or anyone you know behave under the same circumstances? I bet most of the people who have EVER sat on the Supreme Court would react the same way if they were falsely accused of such things in front of the entire world. Brett's good name is forever tarnished by this unsubstantiated allegation. That would produce anger in most people and including most of the people that have ever sat on the Supreme Court.

It's akin to the argument that, "no one wants a dark cloud hanging over the Supreme Court in regards to the possible confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh", when it is expressly clear who actually wants to hang that cloud over his nomination/confirmation, and are attempting to do so with baseless accusations.

Kavanaugh has had his good name and innocence assaulted in front of the entire world. How would you or anyone you know behave under the same circumstances? I bet most of the people who have EVER sat on the Supreme Court would react the same way if they were falsely accused of such things in front of the entire world. Brett's good name is forever tarnished by this unsubstantiated allegation. That would produce anger in most people and including most of the people that have ever sat on the Supreme Court.

Everyone would have been angry. But some people would have laughed in derision at the accuser instead. Would that have satisfied Kav's critics? Others would have cracked jokes in a dead pan manner when it was their turn to speak, showing how ridiculous they thought the accusations were and that people would have to be a moron to take it seriously. Would the libs have like that?

Actually, if it were me, would have used to opportunity to mock the liberal senators and accusers- its been my observation that Liberals really hate being trolled.

False, The Chinese Senator from California could have taken it to the FBI at any time and kept her identity secret.
Secret from whom? Not without knowing who she was, or when it happened? Really?
From the public. Please, use your head before replying.

The FBI is under no obligation to inform the public of ANY investigation they are conducting. The Chinese Senator from California could easily have talked to the FBI and have them do an investitagion in confidentiality to determine if the ladies alleged memories have any validity.

She chose to divide America as her masters in Bejing wanted her to do.
The problem with that is that Feinstein was respecting Ford's request to NOT TELL ANYONE who she was. That included the FBI.
The problem with THAT is that you do not make accusations against someone of his stature (with some asinine belief that he has no right to face his accuser) without being exposed The acused has rights..

She had three options. Inform Dr. Ford that she could not remain anonymous given the circumstances and that if she truly believed her recollection, that she would be facing the Senate at the worst or the FBI at the least. All of it under oath and penalty of perjury.

The second choice was to take the informatino to the FBI after informing Dr. Ford that she had no choice but would ask to keep any investigation confidential. Then the FBI could have had months to do a real investigation

The third is the one she chose to use. Divide the country and bring in professional social justice warriors who are loyal the progressive cause to smear, slander, and destroy an innocent man.

So, sorry, but your assertion that she wanted to remain anonymous is bogus. She could have remain hidden from the public eye while giving Kavanaugh is right to face her.
And every person who the FBI questioned "confidentially" would have been texting their old high school pals within minutes, saying "Hey, I just got a visit from the FBI, asking about Chris Blasey and Brett Kavanaugh.."
There is no way her name could have been kept secret.

Except the FBI does this every day with thousands of people and it DOES remain secret.

BTW - kudos to Trump for authorizing/ordering the FBI investigation...and so quickly.

The FBI will say that they reinterviewed the three witnesses who still say the event never happened. They will reinterview Kavanaugh who will say that Ford was not among his circle of companions. They will reinterview Ford who will say she was attacked. She doesn't know where or when. She doesn't know how she got there or how she got home. She was swimming. She put her street clothes on over her wet bathing suit and her attacker could not get it off.

Last edited:
BTW - kudos to Trump for authorizing/ordering the FBI investigation...and so quickly.

I wouldn't have done that, but I will trust my President's judgment on this. He has great instincts about all matters political, and has consistently frustrated and schlonged his enemies since being anointed as President.

Trump is playing 4 dimensional chess while his political adversaries are playing tic tac toe.

I wouldn't have done that, but I will trust my President's judgment on this. He has great instincts about all matters political, and has consistently frustrated and schlonged his enemies since being anointed as President.

Trump is playing 4 dimensional chess while his political adversaries are playing tic tac toe.

Since you do not know Trump personally, you have no way of knowing exactly what his political instincts are.
And considering he lost the popular vote, was apparently not anticipating winning the election on election night (according to numerous sources) and is currently running at/under a 40% approval rating (despite an economy that is supposed to be 'booming - even though it is not)...none of this bodes well for his 'political instincts'.
He knows his base...I grant you that. But they are so pathetic/gullible that even he said (in essence) that he could shoot an innocent person on a street and not lose one vote from his base.
Trump: I could shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose votes | Daily Mail Online

As for him playing 4 dimensional chess? There is no such thing. The fourth dimension is 'time' (generally)...and I doubt he can manipulate that.

Dimension - Wikipedia

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

But they are so pathetic/gullible that even he said (in essence) that he could shoot an innocent person on a street and not lose one vote from his base.
Trump: I could shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose votes | Daily Mail Online

President Trump's comment was more about the lack of respect the people have for the Lame Stream Media.

They've spread a lot of lies about The Donald, and they've been proven false repeatedly. If they said he shot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue, the people just wouldn't believe it as they've seem this kind of craziness before. The way the Media compared the Helsinki Press Conference as being worse that 9/11, and worse than the Holocaust shows how unhinged they are.

Sadly, I believe Susan Collins will be forced to vote no on Brett Kavanagh. She is a Republican in a BLUE STATE up for re-election in 2020. She will not risk her career for this one vote. Sad day for the country and the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry to Brett Kavanagh and his family for this and what they have been through, but this is the most likely outcome I believe. The Senate will vote 51 to 49 not to confirm Kavanagh. The Democrats knew it would come down to this and knew releasing the sex assault allegation now would force a Susan Collins no vote. If Maine was a red state she would vote yes, there would be a 50-50 tie broken by Mike Pence and Brett Kavanagh would be on the Supreme Court.

Consider just one possible scenario. FBI talks to Mark Judge and when asked about the alleged attack on Dr. Ford about his knowledge concerning her allegations, time after time he pleads the 5th regarding self incrimination or opens himself to. To the question he was at that house that night with Kavanaugh, he again pleads the 5th. Or any of a 100 different questions pertaining to the facts of that night in 1982, Judge does seeks Constitutional protection against self incrimination OR in some manner places Kavanaugh in that house on that night.

But, OH NO! Judge has said he will now speak to the FBI. Could he sink Kavanaugh's Battleship all by himself? And this says nothing about Deborah Ramirez's allegations or Julie Swetnick's claims when other FBI agents talk to them and others with material evidence!

What a mess this nomination has devolved into because of piss poor vetting by Trump & Company! Some sane person needs tell Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw and save his wife and daughters yet more grief and sorrow!
Notice how quick the President put the FBI online to do the case. Smart move, anyone noticed that the Police Dept is asking Dr Ford to file a official complaint? I just wonder how the complaint is going to work out. I know how it will read and It will be interesting. I will say here that she will not file a report...Her Attnys will veto any contact with the Police Department. The press will not report on any complaint she files if she does at all.

For any of you idiots that are believing Trump's bullshit that Feinstein had the letter for several (meaning 3 or more) months before sending it to the FBI.

No, she got the letter 30 July, and it was forwarded to the FBI a month and a half later, when the rumors about the letter started to surface.

Brett Kavanaugh: A timeline of allegations against the Supreme Court nominee

July 30
Christine Blasey Ford, a psychology professor in California, quietly sends a letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. In the letter, she alleges that Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted her while they were in high school. Feinstein does not release the letter publicly, at Ford's request.

Aug. 10
Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, announces that confirmation hearings for Kavanaugh will begin Sept. 4. Democrats complain that Republicans are trying to rush Kavanaugh's confirmation through the Senate without allowing them to see all the documents from Kavanaugh's tenure as an attorney in the administration of President George W. Bush.

Sept. 4-7
Kavanaugh testifies for three days at confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee. On the fourth day, legal experts and other witnesses testify about his nomination. The allegations from Ford are never raised.

Sept. 12
Feinstein sends Ford's letter to the FBI after several days of rumors about its existence leaking out from Democratic senators. The bureau puts the letter in Kavanaugh's background check file but does not launch a criminal investigation, in part because the statute of limitations on the alleged sexual assault expired years earlier.

Sept. 14
Ford's allegations against Kavanaugh first publicly surface in a story by The New Yorker magazine. The bare bones story does not include Ford's name.

"I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time," Kavanaugh says in a statement.

The White House says there are no plans to pull Kavanaugh's nomination.

Sept. 16
The Washington Post publishes an interview with Ford, who allows her name to be released publicly for the first time. She alleges in the story that a drunken Kavanaugh pinned her down on a bed at a high school house party and tried to remove her clothes while holding his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming. Ford says she feared Kavanaugh might inadvertently kill her. Kavanaugh again denies that the incident ever took place.
Had some problems with her statements, one was just how much did she have to drink?

Consider just one possible scenario. FBI talks to Mark Judge and when asked about the alleged attack on Dr. Ford about his knowledge concerning her allegations, time after time he pleads the 5th regarding self incrimination or opens himself to. To the question he was at that house that night with Kavanaugh, he again pleads the 5th. Or any of a 100 different questions pertaining to the facts of that night in 1982, Judge does seeks Constitutional protection against self incrimination OR in some manner places Kavanaugh in that house on that night.

But, OH NO! Judge has said he will now speak to the FBI. Could he sink Kavanaugh's Battleship all by himself? And this says nothing about Deborah Ramirez's allegations or Julie Swetnick's claims when other FBI agents talk to them and others with material evidence!

What a mess this nomination has devolved into because of piss poor vetting by Trump & Company! Some sane person needs tell Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw and save his wife and daughters yet more grief and sorrow!
Your final line sums up the post that he should withdraw. Gee just what the Progressive want and need. Well groomed post.

False, The Chinese Senator from California could have taken it to the FBI at any time and kept her identity secret.
Secret from whom? Not without knowing who she was, or when it happened? Really?
From the public. Please, use your head before replying.

The FBI is under no obligation to inform the public of ANY investigation they are conducting. The Chinese Senator from California could easily have talked to the FBI and have them do an investitagion in confidentiality to determine if the ladies alleged memories have any validity.

She chose to divide America as her masters in Bejing wanted her to do.
The problem with THAT is that you do not make accusations against someone of his stature (with some asinine belief that he has no right to face his accuser) without being exposed The acused has rights..

She had three options. Inform Dr. Ford that she could not remain anonymous given the circumstances and that if she truly believed her recollection, that she would be facing the Senate at the worst or the FBI at the least. All of it under oath and penalty of perjury.

The second choice was to take the informatino to the FBI after informing Dr. Ford that she had no choice but would ask to keep any investigation confidential. Then the FBI could have had months to do a real investigation

The third is the one she chose to use. Divide the country and bring in professional social justice warriors who are loyal the progressive cause to smear, slander, and destroy an innocent man.

So, sorry, but your assertion that she wanted to remain anonymous is bogus. She could have remain hidden from the public eye while giving Kavanaugh is right to face her.
And every person who the FBI questioned "confidentially" would have been texting their old high school pals within minutes, saying "Hey, I just got a visit from the FBI, asking about Chris Blasey and Brett Kavanaugh.."
There is no way her name could have been kept secret.

Except the FBI would never have needed to mention her name, just the event.

Forum List

Back