If Romney wins, what does that mean for working people?

romneydogroof2.gif

It means WE'RE THE DOG!

That if you want to stop working and make millions you have to invest wisely. Voting for welfare/warfare sate politicians is not considered investing wisely.

romney didnt specialize in creating jobs.

He specialized in gleening profit out of companies in trouble.

He also has no idea what its like to work for a living.

And obama does? Geeze the President is worth 10.5 million. Why don't you villify him as part of the evil rich?

TDM, the whole point of a corporation is to make a profit. Romney's investments helped companies grow and produced a net increase in employment. How many people got jobs as a result of barack obama writing 2 books (besides William Ayres) and profiting from a shady real estate deal (Tony Rezko)?

Romney's career was in taking businesses apart, not putting them back together. I would assume we would see more of that, coupled with a tax cut in capital gains, which would, you know, not really help working people at all.

That is bullshit. Utter bullshit.

He wasn't in the business of 'job creation', he was in the business of investing in companies to make them more profitable. And he was remarkably good at it... jobs are a by-product of profitability. The more business you bring in, the more people you need. Not overly complicated.

Soon after, in October 1993, Bain Capital, co-founded by Mitt Romney, became majority shareholder in a steel mill that had been operating since 1888.

It was a gamble. The old mill, renamed GS Technologies, needed expensive updating, and demand for its products was susceptible to cycles in the mining industry and commodities markets.

Less than a decade later, the mill was padlocked and some 750 people lost their jobs. Workers were denied the severance pay and health insurance they'd been promised, and their pension benefits were cut by as much as $400 a month.

What's more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company's underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.
Special report: Romney's steel skeleton in the Bain closet | Reuters

Does that SOUND like he put that business back together or was good at HELPING U.S. workers? NO he RAIDED it.

These are the FACTS. Please don't come back with some UNSUBSTANTIATED OPINION about what Romney did. He screwed over workers, underfunded their pensions, fired them, then took BAILOUT MONEY from the government and made a nice tidy little profit.

If Romney is our President, WHO will he screw over to achieve his results? Kinda hard for him to screw over the government since he'll be heading it up, I guess that only leaves WORKERS huh?

Now WHY would the 98% of people who don't have investment income to live off want to vote against their own best interests?

Last edited:
Romney's career was in taking businesses apart, not putting them back together. I would assume we would see more of that, coupled with a tax cut in capital gains, which would, you know, not really help working people at all.

He wasn't in the business of 'job creation', he was in the business of investing in companies to make them more profitable. And he was remarkably good at it... jobs are a by-product of profitability. The more business you bring in, the more people you need. Not overly complicated.

Soon after, in October 1993, Bain Capital, co-founded by Mitt Romney, became majority shareholder in a steel mill that had been operating since 1888.

It was a gamble. The old mill, renamed GS Technologies, needed expensive updating, and demand for its products was susceptible to cycles in the mining industry and commodities markets.

Less than a decade later, the mill was padlocked and some 750 people lost their jobs. Workers were denied the severance pay and health insurance they'd been promised, and their pension benefits were cut by as much as $400 a month.

What's more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company's underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.

Does that SOUND like he created jobs or was good at HELPING U.S. workers?

These are the FACTS. Please don't come back with some UNSUBSTANTIATED OPINION about what Romney did. He screwed over workers, underfunded their pensions, fired them, then took BAILOUT MONEY from the government and made a nice tidy little profit.

If Romney is our President, WHO will he screw over to achieve his results? Kinda hard for him to screw over the government since he'll be heading it up, I guess that only leaves WORKERS huh?

Now WHY would the 98% of people who don't have investment income to live off want to vote against their own best interests?

Oh, my bad. I was considering his career.... not cherry picking failures without balancing them against the thousands of jobs his firm helped create or save.

See, that's my problem... I use logic instead of partisan bullshit. I do apologize.

Yea, Romney understands the plight of the middle class and poor alright! What? You don't think so? Wanna bet? Make it 10 grand!

And obama does? Seems to me he has spent most of his career pandering to the poor and courting the rich for campaign donations. What has he done for the middle class other that sending them unemployment checks?

The part I bolded is factually incorrect. Companies right now are making record profits and not hiring. If Romney believes as you do, we would be hosed.

Which would be valid... if we were not struggling out of a massive recession. Look up the meaning of the word 'logic'... apply it... then post.

What did Obama's election mean to the working people? How bad can it get?

"I'd vote for a can of orange juice before I'd vote for Obama"...Mark Levin

Does that SOUND like he put that business back together or was good at HELPING U.S. workers? NO he RAIDED it.

Sounds like GM to me with Bain loosing a good deal of their investment kind of like where the US treasury stands after bailing out GM and Chrysler. Are you pissed that Bain didn't give a large % of the company to the Steel Workers' Union?

Sounds like GM to me with Bain loosing a good deal of their investment kind of like where the US treasury stands after bailing out GM and Chrysler. Are you pissed that Bain didn't give a large % of the company to the Steel Workers' Union?

The success rate of Bain is nothing short of phenomenal.

It means greater stability and calm in the economy. More efficiency. More elbow room for growth. More confidence from the people who are really responsible for creating jobs so they will feel better about doing more of that. Ergo more opportunity for working people.

It means greater stability and calm in the economy. More efficiency. More elbow room for growth. More confidence from the people who are really responsible for creating jobs so they will feel better about doing more of that. Ergo more opportunity for working people.

You're setting yourself up for some real disappointment.

I agree. When it comes to the economy, it's Romney, hands down.

Yea, Romney understands the plight of the middle class and poor alright! What? You don't think so? Wanna bet? Make it 10 grand!

And obama does? Seems to me he has spent most of his career pandering to the poor and courting the rich for campaign donations. What has he done for the middle class other that sending them unemployment checks?
healthcare

Well, he has the acumen to properly manage a business.

But he has 535 legislators to contend with, most of them are dependent upon the Parasitic Faction for their election.

healthcare

Americans don't want most of the abomination known as 0bamacare... The bill that had to pass before we knew what was in it...

A major portion of it is about to be shot down by SCOTUS...

What else ya got?

Well, he has the acumen to properly manage a business.

But he has 535 legislators to contend with, most of them are dependent upon the Parasitic Faction for their election.

He managed to Govern Mass without killing any of his colleagues - an accomplishment that I'm not sure I could have achieved. :lol:

Thing with Romney - and why I think the left are worried about him - is that his record is to find compromises that bring both sides some form of satisfaction. Rank and file, centerist Democrats might well vote for him over their current incumbent. :eek: He brings some of those in, along with independents and the GOP base and he has the Presidency. The numbers work for Romney - they don't look quite so strong for Gingrich... and Romney is a uniter.... He will work to represent ALL Americans - and I am confident that he will never call the left 'our enemy' in order to create fear among minorities. He has too much honor to do that kind of shit.

He managed to Govern Mass without killing any of his colleagues - an accomplishment that I'm not sure I could have achieved. :lol:

If Mitt Romney Is So 'Electable,' Then Why Didn’t Republicans Nominate Him in 2008?

They have become so unprincipled and pragmatic, in fact, that they are lining up behind the very man who brought European-style socialized medicine to our fair shores, simply because they have been told that he is more "electable" than anyone else in the field.

If Mitt Romney Is So 'Electable,' Then Why Didn’t Republicans Nominate Him in 2008? by Mark R. Crovelli

You poor progressives amuse me. We've had three plus years of Barack Obama, a man who came to the Oval Office with zero business experience and zero executive experience and has shown that lack of experience every day since...but you think Mitt Romney, a man with twenty five highly successful years as a business executive, a man who successfully governed as a Republican in a highly Democratic Massachusetts, a man who turned around the Salt Lake Olympics when it looked like the whole thing was going ot implode...you think "he" is going to hurt working people!

Here's a concept that may be hard for you to understand...

Working people need jobs. They don't need rhetoric and promises. They need money coming in the door to pay their mortgage, credit card bills and car payments. Barack Obama has given those people unemployment and food stamps. Guess what? They'd rather have a JOB!!!

Please name me one Republican president , ONE, that was a succesful businessman that became a popular president for turning the economy around for the country. Name me one.
Name me one Democratic president that fits this description. ONE!
Romney's financial tactics are utterly predetory.

Better put away some money, pay off your debt and learn how to live on less because chances are your days of being a working person are numbered.

If Mitt Romney Is So 'Electable,' Then Why Didn’t Republicans Nominate Him in 2008?

They have become so unprincipled and pragmatic, in fact, that they are lining up behind the very man who brought European-style socialized medicine to our fair shores, simply because they have been told that he is more "electable" than anyone else in the field.

If Mitt Romney Is So 'Electable,' Then Why Didn’t Republicans Nominate Him in*2008? by Mark R. Crovelli

Because the evangelicals cut their conservative noses off to spite their faces and lined up behind McCain when it became clear that Huckabee wasn't going to win.

Romney WAS electable, especially considering how the economy was going into meltdown, but evangelicals decided it would be better to have the least conservative candidate in the running rather than give a Mormon a shot.

Forum List

Back