If republicans want to learn the truth about climate change and accept it, they just need to...

Ain't gonna happen. They are so deeply imbedded in cement, they're simply not able to open their minds to anything but what they're told to blindly believe.
I honestly think at this point in the debate it is a matter of denial. They aren't capable of swallowing their pride and just admitting they were wrong.
what is it that we're denying?

Most of the climate scientists were predicting warming, even back in the 1970s.

In contrast, denier kooks have been consistent about predicting an ice age, even up to today. And they've all been totally wrong, but they still keep predicting that ice age.

So, scientists have been getting it all correct for decades running.

Deniers have been failing hard for decades running.

Oddly, Porker says we should trust the Deniers. Must be a religious thing.

I am a 'denier' mammothtooth. Icing over or burning up.

...follow some very simple steps to start off with:

1) Avoid any bullshit rightwing media shit spewers that spin the truth on the matter like Fox News, Forbes.com, Rush Limbaugh, Heritage, National Review, Blaze, etc.

2) Seek out independent scientific sources (environmental science, geology, etc) with PEER-REVIEWED studies on climate change. It's easy to find small studies that are not peer-reviewed that distort their data to suggest fossil fuels have not caused changes to our climate. ANY scientific study you read needs to be peer-reviewed. Peer-reviewed means the study was examined by independent experts not associated with the team that created the study. The vast majority of peer-reviewed studies from around the world provide concrete evidence human activity such as the use of fossil fuels has influenced our climate. I encourage you to read these articles written by experts with no political biases toward their work.

3) Accept that the debate is over and that you were wrong about this issue. I know it's hard for you big, tough men and women to swallow your pride, but you need to accept it.

Yes, the debate on climate change has gone through some controversy. Sure, some climatologists fudged data in the past but that didn't happen because they were trying to hide some ridiculous, elaborate conspiracy. They just did it for their OWN work to be recognized. This will be attempted in any scientific field but luckily they have the peer reviewed system.

What needs to happen now is action. We need to do something about this issue TODAY.

Start with this:

"Scientists need to back up their opinions with research and data that survive the peer-review process. A Skeptical Science peer-reviewed survey of all (over 12,000) peer-reviewed abstracts on the subject 'globalclimate change' and 'global warming' published between 1991 and 2011 (Cook et al. 2013) found that over 97% of the papers taking a position on the subject agreed with the consensus position that humans are causing global warming. In a second phase of the project, the scientist authors were emailed and rated over 2,000 of their own papers. Once again, over 97% of the papers taking a position on the cause of global warming agreed that humans are causing it."

Is there a scientific consensus on global warming

Skeptical Science....

A left wing hack blog, that lies and is deceitful...

:bsflag:

The FARCE is strong with this one...

Burning house of cards.JPG

Ok this is what I am talking about. Lol you people kill me. Your response to this thread is linking an article not written by an actual scientist affiliated with the energy industry.

Bravo, H. You make things so much clearer for the rest of us about rightwing bullshit.

DO you know John Cook? you know, one of the PHD's over at that hack blog site called Skeptical Science.. The same john Cook that fabricated the 97% consensus LIE...

And You want to be taken seriously as a scientist...

Ok this is what I am talking about. Lol you people kill me. Your response to this thread is linking an article not written by an actual scientist affiliated with the energy industry.

Bravo, H. You make things so much clearer for the rest of us about rightwing bullshit.

DO you know John Cook? you know, one of the PHD's over at that hack blog site called Skeptical Science.. The same john Cook that fabricated the 97% consensus LIE...

And You want to be taken seriously as a scientist...
I actually examined the rebuttal to the 97% fact. It was horseshit. Allow me to explain.

The claim made is that most of the 97% studies didn't say humans caused climate change. Technically that is true, however you need to look at this through the lines. All those studies simply didn't use the words "humans caused climate change".

What you need to understand is that scientific literature, mainly hard scientific literature, does not make any sort political, economical, or sociological conclusions in regard to their data measuring climate. They wouldn't say things like "humans cause climate change", especially in the abstract. What they do say is that CO2 has increased exponentially through out the century because of fossil fuels.

Keywords: fossil fuels. Are you following so far?

Now why have fossil fuels caused this problem? BECAUSE HUMANS USED THEM. So, while technically those studies didn't use the words that humans caused climate change, their data and conclusions say use of fossil fuels are responsible for them.

Of course you have something written by actual scientist affiliated with the energy to refute it, right? Yet you didn't post it, I wonder why. Is it that nothing exist to support your position? The people who do it know it's safe.
Would you prefer it if I linked you to one of the many thousands peer reviewed studies the world over that support what I am saying? I'm willing to bet you would only whine more.
no, I'd prefer that you provide an experiment that shows what 120 PPM of CO2 does to temperatures. Not a study an EXPERIMENT!!! We've been asking for over 12 months on here and I know of others who've been asking for three years. Just show us that one experiment.

Forum List

Back