If player(s) kneel....

Apparently, you’re anti-Constitution scum.

I don’t agree with their form of protest but I respect their right to protest in whatever lawful/peaceful manner they choose.

Nothing I said, challenged their right to protest, (with their employers permission to do it on company time)

You lefties keep trying to make it about the "Right to protest" in order to avoid talking about what the kneelers are actually doing.

Coerced patriotism isn’t true patriotism.

True. I disagree with the President on this one. Once one outs himself as an Anti-American piece of shit, I don't think that that is easily fixable.

IMO, none of the kneelers should even be celebrated by any real Americans ever again.

To the point that the NFL is comfortable having them on the teams, Americans should consider the NFL anti-American scum.

These protests are not a lack of patriotism, but a misguided attempt to force change in a manner that will not force the desired change.

It has been obvious for quite some time that this form of protest is counter productive. Yet they insist on still doing it.

Because, imo, the anti-Americanism of it, is a big part of what they want to see celebrated and validated by society.

You’re here posting on a thread about it. It raises awareness. Their mission is accomplished and you are an accomplice.

Bullshit.

THe issue was front and center in the nation's awareness.

And all this is doing is raising awareness of the level of anti-Americanism among blacks and the NFL.
"And all this is doing is raising awareness..."

Yeah stupid. Thats what was said.

I don’t agree with their form of protest but I respect their right to protest in whatever lawful/peaceful manner they choose.

Nothing I said, challenged their right to protest, (with their employers permission to do it on company time)

You lefties keep trying to make it about the "Right to protest" in order to avoid talking about what the kneelers are actually doing.

True. I disagree with the President on this one. Once one outs himself as an Anti-American piece of shit, I don't think that that is easily fixable.

IMO, none of the kneelers should even be celebrated by any real Americans ever again.

To the point that the NFL is comfortable having them on the teams, Americans should consider the NFL anti-American scum.

These protests are not a lack of patriotism, but a misguided attempt to force change in a manner that will not force the desired change.

It has been obvious for quite some time that this form of protest is counter productive. Yet they insist on still doing it.

Because, imo, the anti-Americanism of it, is a big part of what they want to see celebrated and validated by society.

I’m not a lefty and have been quite critical of the left.

I’m not convinced of Colin Kaepernick’s sincerity, but I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of the other players. I think they believe there are issues they believe need to be addressed and simply chose the wrong way to go about getting those issues addressed.

The reason I’m not convinced about Kaepernick is that he sat down two or three times before he ever said anything.

Nothing these players have said has anything to do with being anti-American. You’re claiming anti-Americanism because of a protest that they have repeatedly said is about social injustice and has nothing to do with your misinterpretation of their actions.

I’m not convinced of Colin Kaepernick’s sincerity, but I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of the other players. I think they believe there are issues they believe need to be addressed and simply chose the wrong way to go about getting those issues addressed.

The reason I’m not convinced about Kaepernick is that he sat down two or three times before he ever said anything.

Nothing these players have said has anything to do with being anti-American. You’re claiming anti-Americanism because of a protest that they have repeatedly said is about social injustice and has nothing to do with your misinterpretation of their actions.

Their actions speak louder than their words.

When called on to stand to show loyalty to their nation,

they do the EXACT OPPOSITE.

It has been clear for over a year, that this form of protest is working against them, on their stated issue.

Yet they hold to it.

Sounds like they are driven by something other than their stated intent.

For what it's worth, I'm an honorably discharged veteran and I don't believe what these football players are doing is unpatriotic. Patriotism is usually the last refuge of the scoundrel anyway. Notice how our politicians take bribes to vote a certain way. Now that to me is unpatriotic. They should actually be put in jail for what they do since it's nothing but bribery but they make the laws. This should be the conversation, not this never ending republican good, democrat bad, and vice versa.

It has been clear for over a year, that this form of protest is working against them, on their stated issue.

Yet they hold to it.

I will say that the players might have become distracted from their cause because of their conflicts with the league and the President.

It is possible that now it’s just about pride.

I will always disagree with anyone who claims they are anti-American.

You sound like an idiot as well. I have dealt with the cops so I know better than you what the cops do regarding Black guys.

Maybe if you listened to them instead of mouthing off they would treat you fairly. Capt. Racist.
I dont have to listen to someone thats harrassing me. Why would a cop pull a gun on a 9 year old walking down the street and call him a ****** when he wasnt doing anything? Fuck those pieces of shit.

Cops are the law. They do as they wish within the law. I don't always agree with them either but I am always respectful. They are a para military force and have the right to shoot you. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant when you are a dead. Did they not teach you that in barber college?
Never went to barber college and I have never been killed by a cop.

WTF? Are you a moron. You could be if you disrespect them in a threatening manner. I train many a police officer. You would not believe what they have to put up with. Very tough profession.
Just watching "Live PD" tells alot...

Yet they hold to it.

27750575_10156158502653588_3287318843161154617_n.jpg

This is their main represenative.

These lucky and gifted slobs should be thankful others made the ultimate sacrifice so they could play this game. The National Anthem is simply a tribute to those who stood, fought, and died in defense of this country, not police violence or any other cause they feel so passionate about.

I know a lot of people are offended by the fact that black people have constitutionally guaranteed rights and are even more offended when black people exercise those rights. However, those rights do in fact exist. Black soldiers have fought and died for those rights.

Many people like to invoke the military to justify their intolerance. Anyone who served in the military took an oath. Anyone who took that oath and is offended by black people exercising their rights shouldn’t have taken that oath, such a person is unworthy of that oath.

It’s one thing to disagree with the merits of a protest, it’s another to trample on the right to protest.

My argument against the form of protest is that it is ineffective due to its inability to force people to deal with the issues that are supposed to be at the heart of the protest.

There are also legitimate arguments against the merits of the protests.

No one is "trampling on the right to protest"

You want to lie about that, to avoid defending what the kneelers are actually doing.

What exactly are they actually doing, according to you?

The tradition of standing for the national anthem, is an unity ritual, designed to show and celebrate the loyalty Americans feel to each other individually and to the group as a whole.

Sitting during it, would be showing a lack of such loyalty, or perhaps, laziness.

But, the kneelers are actively expending effort to do the exact opposite of what the ritual calls for.

The only reasonable interpretation is that they want to signal the exact opposite of loyalty to their fellow Americans and to the group, ie the nation.

ie DISLOYALTY.

They are anti-American scum and this is how they show that.
The whole idea behind including the national anthem at these events, is because like you say it represents unity. Here's the deal many are missing in all of this, where as you have the spirit of competition, and then you have individuals or teams fixing to do battle with one another. When all is said and done the individuals or teams symbolically make peace, shake hands, congratulate each other, and show how nothing even battle can break the spirit of unity that lay within the American spirit.

When these players kneel, then they are basically saying that they have lost the battle, and unity can no longer be obtained.

That is the message they convey, and it is the wrong message in context of.

To stand and respect the nation is to say that the ills of a nation can never break your spirit.

I know a lot of people are offended by the fact that black people have constitutionally guaranteed rights and are even more offended when black people exercise those rights. However, those rights do in fact exist. Black soldiers have fought and died for those rights.

Many people like to invoke the military to justify their intolerance. Anyone who served in the military took an oath. Anyone who took that oath and is offended by black people exercising their rights shouldn’t have taken that oath, such a person is unworthy of that oath.

It’s one thing to disagree with the merits of a protest, it’s another to trample on the right to protest.

My argument against the form of protest is that it is ineffective due to its inability to force people to deal with the issues that are supposed to be at the heart of the protest.

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran, and I support the player's right to kneel in protest if they want to. Why? Because several times over that 20 year period, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I take that oath seriously. No, I didn't swear one to the flag, nor to the anthem, or even to the president. I swore an oath to support and defend the CONSTITUTION, which is the founding document of our country.

And, part of that founding document is something called the First Amendment, which apparently, not many conservatives on this board understand. So, let me help you out by posting what it says...........................

Amendment 1

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now, based on what it says, Trump is actually the one coming dangerously close to violating it, not the NFL players. Why? Because the government cannot stop people from peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances. The NFL players are addressing the grievance of police shooting unarmed black men. How are they doing it? By kneeling during the anthem. The Constitution says they can do this.

How is Trump coming dangerously close to violating it? Because he's chiming in and calling for suspension of the players. Hate to tell Trump this, but being president doesn't mean that you can tell private businesses what to do. Especially if he's the president, because as president, he is the direct representative of the government of this country. By him calling for them to be suspended or fired, he is basically intruding in the business of the NFL, and as the government, he's not supposed to do that. Especially when it suppresses the free speech of the NFL players.

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran, and I support the player's right to kneel in protest if they want to. Why? Because several times over that 20 year period, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I take that oath seriously. No, I didn't swear one to the flag, nor to the anthem, or even to the president. I swore an oath to support and defend the CONSTITUTION, which is the founding document of our country.

And, part of that founding document is something called the First Amendment, which apparently, not many conservatives on this board understand. So, let me help you out by posting what it says...........................

Amendment 1

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now, based on what it says, Trump is actually the one coming dangerously close to violating it, not the NFL players. Why? Because the government cannot stop people from peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances. The NFL players are addressing the grievance of police shooting unarmed black men. How are they doing it? By kneeling during the anthem. The Constitution says they can do this.

How is Trump coming dangerously close to violating it? Because he's chiming in and calling for suspension of the players. Hate to tell Trump this, but being president doesn't mean that you can tell private businesses what to do. Especially if he's the president, because as president, he is the direct representative of the government of this country. By him calling for them to be suspended or fired, he is basically intruding in the business of the NFL, and as the government, he's not supposed to do that. Especially when it suppresses the free speech of the NFL players.
So you feel confident that your take over of the NFL is complete, and no one can touch it now eh ?? Don't be so sure about those owners not flipping on you when the fans say loose these chains that are binding you NFL, and let's get on with the game of football or else.... It's that else you won't be able to control, and don't think Trump is the only American disgruntled about the situation because you would be wrong.

Of course you all blame or attack Trump, because that is the leftist main focus which is to use any means nessesary to upset the Republican administration in which the left hates.

Problem is, is that the alternative offered isn't what the people want either, so the left has a huge delema now being faced.

<snip>I dont believe in race cards. I have my own experiences as well. They are very racially motivated.

When people read this joker and the mind-numbing, circuitous, racist BULL he spews along with his outrageous lies and claims, at some point, don't you ever get the idea that no good can ever come out of it and to just stop reading him much less responding to anything it says?

For what it's worth, I'm an honorably discharged veteran and I don't believe what these football players are doing is unpatriotic. Patriotism is usually the last refuge of the scoundrel anyway. Notice how our politicians take bribes to vote a certain way. Now that to me is unpatriotic. They should actually be put in jail for what they do since it's nothing but bribery but they make the laws. This should be the conversation, not this never ending republican good, democrat bad, and vice versa.

Calling patriotism the last refuge of the scoundrel is unfair to patriots, and gives a pass to anti-Americans.

Calling patriotism the last refuge of the scoundrel is unfair to patriots, and gives a pass to anti-Americans.

So, you think that Mark Twain was an anti American? He's the one who said it first.

Patriotism is usually the refuge of the scoundrel. He is the man who talks the loudest.
- Education and Citizenship speech, 5/14/1908

He also said this, and given the current state of our politics, he's right, especially when it comes to Trump supporters.

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927

So, you think that Mark Twain was an anti American? He's the one who said it first.

Patriotism is usually the refuge of the scoundrel. He is the man who talks the loudest.
- Education and Citizenship speech, 5/14/1908

He also said this, and given the current state of our politics, he's right, especially when it comes to Trump supporters.

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927

I don't know enough about Mark Twain to say.

But I do know that just quoting that line when a patriot you don't like is being discussed, is not fair to patriots,

and quoting it, when an anti-American you do like, is being discussed, is giving a pass to Anti-Americans, who should be shunned from American society.

That is better since no one mentioned veterans as a reason they were protesting. Whites boys just made that up to try and make it seem like a bad thing.
Veterans and active military are more closely associated with our Flag than the local police. This action is a slap in the face of them and the American people don't like it. Millionaires protesting what...Injustice? Give me a break,

If they have problems with the police, go take a knee in front of the precinct station, not the stadium.

The flag is not a symbol of our veterans or our police.

It is a symbol of the Nation and all it's citizens, as a whole.

KNeeling during the anthem is an expression of anti-Americanism.
Most people who decide to protest during working hours on the job would be fired.

That is better since no one mentioned veterans as a reason they were protesting. Whites boys just made that up to try and make it seem like a bad thing.
Veterans and active military are more closely associated with our Flag than the local police. This action is a slap in the face of them and the American people don't like it. Millionaires protesting what...Injustice? Give me a break,

If they have problems with the police, go take a knee in front of the precinct station, not the stadium.

Most people who decide to protest during working hours on the job would be fired.

Yep. But as they have permission from the League, it is their right to demonstrate their anti-Americanism.

Except this is a ceremony during a sports game.
k7yOUUB.jpg

NFL players are not most people. They have permission to demonstrate before they are on the clock.

The whole idea behind including the national anthem at these events, is because just like it is said that it represents unity.

Here's the deal that many are missing in all of this stuff, where as you have the spirit of competition in these events, and then you have individuals or teams set to do battle with one another. When all is said and done, the individuals or teams symbolically make peace, shake hands, congratulate each other, and show how nothing even in battle can break the spirit or unity that lay within the American spirit.

When these players kneel, then they are basically saying that they have lost the battle, and unity can no longer be obtained.

That is the message they convey, and it is the wrong message in context of.

To stand and respect the nation is to say that the ills of a nation can never break your spirit.

Forum List

Back