If Obama Is Christian, Why Hasn't He Held The 'National Day Of Prayer' In The White House?

Obama 8217 s National Day of Prayer Proclamation Says 8230 TheBlaze.com

Read it. You pretend Christians may learn from a real Christian.
obama a real christian? A real christian would be able to quote scripture without saying it wrong.
Like Brothers keeper was Cain after he killed his Brother Able.

Yeah.............Jr. always got his quotes spot on, didn't he?

My comment was to jake because he called obama a real christian. I have not read where someone called Bush a real Christian in this thread.

"Real Christian"? By whose definition? Yours?

What about the Catholics, or the Baptists, or the Episcopalians, or even the Mormons? Which one of those groups are the "real Christians"?

Do you have inside information on how many times a day, or to what incarnation of God that Obama prays to?

I'm guessing not.................you just like to vilify and attack.

Whose definition? I would say not by your definition
How about Gods Word the Bible?
You'll know them by their fruit.
Matthew 7:15-17
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

obama a real christian? A real christian would be able to quote scripture without saying it wrong.

My comment was to jake because he called obama a real christian. I have not read where someone called Bush a real Christian in this thread.

What about the Catholics, or the Baptists, or the Episcopalians, or even the Mormons? Which one of those groups are the "real Christians"?

Do you have inside information on how many times a day, or to what incarnation of God that Obama prays to?

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Hey...............even the Westboro Baptist church uses the Bible. Does that mean they are "real" Christians? What about the Mormons who use the Bible as well as the Book of Mormon? Are they "real" Christians as well?

Sorry, but your definition leaves much to be desired.

Hey...............even the Westboro Baptist church uses the Bible. Does that mean they are "real" Christians? What about the Mormons who use the Bible as well as the Book of Mormon? Are they "real" Christians as well?

Sorry, but your definition leaves much to be desired.

That goes for anyone who claims to be a Christian. Nothing I have seen from westboro would make me believe any of those people are Christian.
That's not my definition sorry but it is what it is.

I do not believe holding a National Day of Prayer is a requirement to be a Christian.

As I recall, when a judge ruled in favor of the Freedom From Religion Foundation's challenge to the National Day of Prayer, Obama was the defendant and he appealed the decision and won.

It's a good question. Bush held the ceremony in the White House for 8 years in a row. As for Obama, I think I know the answer from the video below in his own words.

Although it is true that President Obama has so far chosen not to host an ecumenical service in the East Room of the White House in observance of the National Day of Prayer as his predecessor, President George W. Bush, did each year throughout his tenure in office, that service was a personal preference of President Bush; it was neither an official ceremony prescribed by the bill that established the National Day of Prayer nor a long-standing presidential tradition. In fact, George W. Bush is the only president who has regularly organized White House events in observance that day: President Ronald Reagan hosted only one throughout his eight years in office (a 1982 Rose Garden event), President George H.W. Bush also hosted only one during his four years in office (a 1989 State Dining Room breakfast), and President Bill Clinton hosted none at all in the course of his eight-year presidency.
Read more at snopes.com National Day of Prayer

But then again Stevie the racist anti-semite doesn't need much reason to attack a negro President.

Irrelevant to the topic of the thread. The fact is Obama is a muslim. His father was too.

Obama in his book 'The Audacity Of Hope' says

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

The fact is that Stevie the racist is an anti-semite and a liar.

Actual quote(not Stevie the racist's lie)

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]:

Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Irrelevant to the topic of the thread. The fact is Obama is a muslim. His father was too.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
Ah! My internet stalking liberal sensitive Obama disciple pipsqueak from the Fogbow/Conspiracy's forums returns. The fact is Obama Soebarka is a Muslim.

Ah! My internet stalking liberal sensitive Obama disciple pipsqueak from the Fogbow/Conspiracy's forums returns. The fact is Obama Soebarka is a Muslim.

No lying Racist Anti-semite Stevie- Barack Obama is a Christian

Obama on faith The exclusive interview

GG:

What do you believe?

OBAMA:

I am a Christian.

So, I have a deep faith. So I draw from the Christian faith.

On the other hand, I was born in Hawaii where obviously there are a lot of Eastern influences.

I lived in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country in the world, between the ages of six and 10.

My father was from Kenya, and although he was probably most accurately labeled an agnostic, his father was Muslim.

And I’d say, probably, intellectually I’ve drawn as much from Judaism as any other faith.

(A patron stops and says, “Congratulations,” shakes his hand. “Thank you very much. I appreciate that. Thank you.”)

So, I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.

And so, part of my project in life was probably to spend the first 40 years of my life figuring out what I did believe – I’m 42 now – and it’s not that I had it all completely worked out, but I’m spending a lot of time now trying to apply what I believe and trying to live up to those values.

Read more: Obama on faith The exclusive interview

GG:

What do you believe?

OBAMA:

I am a Christian.

On the other hand, I was born in Hawaii where obviously there are a lot of Eastern influences.

I lived in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country in the world, between the ages of six and 10.

My father was from Kenya, and although he was probably most accurately labeled an agnostic, his father was Muslim.

And I’d say, probably, intellectually I’ve drawn as much from Judaism as any other faith.

(A patron stops and says, “Congratulations,” shakes his hand. “Thank you very much. I appreciate that. Thank you.”)

So, I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.

And so, part of my project in life was probably to spend the first 40 years of my life figuring out what I did believe – I’m 42 now – and it’s not that I had it all completely worked out, but I’m spending a lot of time now trying to apply what I believe and trying to live up to those values.

He's a liar! He lied that you could keep your doctor in his Obamacare. He'll lie about anything like when he stated he was born in Hawaii.

GG:

What do you believe?

OBAMA:

I am a Christian.

He's a liar! He lied that you could keep your doctor in his Obamacare. He'll lie about anything like when he stated he was born in Hawaii.

Actually, as I have already pointed out- you are the liar.

Here once again

Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

If Hitler was NOT a real Christian, why did he make a public spectacle of religiosity?

"In this hour, let us thank the Almighty who has blessed our paths in the past, and let us pray to Him: may He lead us forth onto the path of righteousness in the future as well."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Eger (October 3, 1938)

"I know that Heaven does not bestow perfection upon men. Their lot is to earn all, hard and painfully. And I know that today this great goal is far from being achieved in full. But we strive for it with burning hearts, and Heaven and Providence have blessed our efforts."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Saarbriicken (March 1, 1935)

"as long as we are loyal, honest and courageous in battle, as long as we believe in our great cause and do not capitulate, we will continue to enjoy the blessing of Providence."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Rosenheim (August 11, 1935)

"Today I must bow down in thanks to Providence, whose mercy has enabled me, once an unknown soldier in the World War, to thus help our Volk to win the battle for the restoration of its honor and uprightness"
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech to the Reichstag (January 30, 1937)

"My German Volksgenossen, we have a great deal to rectify before our own history and before our eternal Lord. Providence had withdrawn its protection from us. Our Volk had fallen, plunging to a depth to which a Volk has rarely fallen before. In this difficult plight we have once again learned how to pray; we have learned to respect our Lord; we have regained our faith in the virtues of a Volk, and have endeavored to be better again."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Cologne (March 28, 1936)

"Would all we have achieved been possible had Providence not helped us? I know that the fruits of human labor are hard-won and transitory if they are not blessed by the Omnipotent. Work such as ours which has received the blessings of the Omnipotent can never again be undone by mere mortals."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech at Regensburg City Hall (June 6, 1937)

"The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and co-operation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life"
-- Adolf Hitler; from national proclamation (Feb. 1, 1933)

If Hitler was NOT a real Christian, why did he make a public spectacle of religiosity?

"In this hour, let us thank the Almighty who has blessed our paths in the past, and let us pray to Him: may He lead us forth onto the path of righteousness in the future as well."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Eger (October 3, 1938)

"I know that Heaven does not bestow perfection upon men. Their lot is to earn all, hard and painfully. And I know that today this great goal is far from being achieved in full. But we strive for it with burning hearts, and Heaven and Providence have blessed our efforts."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Saarbriicken (March 1, 1935)

"as long as we are loyal, honest and courageous in battle, as long as we believe in our great cause and do not capitulate, we will continue to enjoy the blessing of Providence."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Rosenheim (August 11, 1935)

"Today I must bow down in thanks to Providence, whose mercy has enabled me, once an unknown soldier in the World War, to thus help our Volk to win the battle for the restoration of its honor and uprightness"
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech to the Reichstag (January 30, 1937)

"My German Volksgenossen, we have a great deal to rectify before our own history and before our eternal Lord. Providence had withdrawn its protection from us. Our Volk had fallen, plunging to a depth to which a Volk has rarely fallen before. In this difficult plight we have once again learned how to pray; we have learned to respect our Lord; we have regained our faith in the virtues of a Volk, and have endeavored to be better again."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech in Cologne (March 28, 1936)

"Would all we have achieved been possible had Providence not helped us? I know that the fruits of human labor are hard-won and transitory if they are not blessed by the Omnipotent. Work such as ours which has received the blessings of the Omnipotent can never again be undone by mere mortals."
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech at Regensburg City Hall (June 6, 1937)

"The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and co-operation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life"
-- Adolf Hitler; from national proclamation (Feb. 1, 1933)
Sorry son hitler was not a christian. I fucking bet you would call me one just because I defend them?

Yes, that's what it takes to be a real Christian. LOL!
Just calling yourself a christian doesn't make you a christian sorry short bus hate to bust your god damn fucking bubble of that piece of shit. If I say I'm a god damn christian does that make me a fucking christian?

Forum List

Back