If marijuana were made legal, would you try it?

If marijuana were legal, would you try it?

• Total voters
Not a hope in hell of me messing with mind altering drugs of any sort.
I used to drink beer but realised how stupid it was to deliberately effect your brain function to the point you can control your body properly.

Another poster mentioned, there are better ways to have fun; I would agree but that's only true if you aren't a weak minded moron who needs something to remove themselves from reality because they're too inadequate to cope with real life.

I don't smoke pot often (maybe a couple of times a year), and I get drunk even less often.

But I could see some times that being able to go and buy pot legally would be great. The last few years, camping trips with a group of friends has included a few joints. I didn't lose my ambition or drive (at least not for more than for a night or two).

I think the great majority of people will fall into the occasional smoker category, like the majority do with alcohol.

And the idea that there should be a redeeming value in any activity is ridiculous. In order for something to be illegal, imho, it should be about harm to others, not some idea of redeeming social value.

I love the two wrongs make a right argument.

Hell, what about heroin? Cocaine? Meth? Lets fuckin' legalize every mind altering shit on the planet.

Why not?

Reading DailyKOS is bound to damage rational thought more than heroin, so what reasoned argument is there to make it illegal for a person to engage in an act that harms only them?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone - or law, in this case. I expect no cheeseburgers or Paul Krugman articles for those who would...

Hell no. I don't enjoy putting chemicals into my body that don't belong there and don't benefit me in some way.

(I don't drink either)

In the mid-70's I smoked a joint. I think pot is pretty highly over-rated. Not worth my time, effort, or expense.

You have to draw the line somewhere. If you suddenly say that pot is ok - that it's legal - then what's next? Where will the line be drawn then?

In the mid-70's I smoked a joint. I think pot is pretty highly over-rated. Not worth my time, effort, or expense.

You have to draw the line somewhere. If you suddenly say that pot is ok - that it's legal - then what's next? Where will the line be drawn then?

In the mid-70's - I had a bong by my bed. I woke up, took a hit from the one-hitter. Mid-morning I'd smoke a joint with friends. In the evening, more bong hits. I did this for years.

Then I got married and had children, and had to grow up. That was it. I have zero interest in pot, and do view it as a childish vice. IF I was not a stoner back then, I wouldn't have married the vicious and evil bitch that I did - who ran off and left me with 3 kids to raise by myself. (Don't get be wrong, I love my kids, but still...)

Standard Disclaimer: Second wife is a jewel!

Not a hope in hell of me messing with mind altering drugs of any sort.
I used to drink beer but realised how stupid it was to deliberately effect your brain function to the point you can control your body properly.

Another poster mentioned, there are better ways to have fun; I would agree but that's only true if you aren't a weak minded moron who needs something to remove themselves from reality because they're too inadequate to cope with real life.

Mandatory prayer 5 times a day at rigidly enforced times? Sounds like conditioning for weak minded morons to me. How else can you make people believe in it?

socially. don't try to equate the substance which is beneficial in very small doses ( alcohol) with a substance which is harmful even in very small doses ( marijuana)

I gave up booze years ago (except for a couple of Martinis a year). I found alcohol to be dangerous. I lost a friend to a drunk driver. My wife works with battered women and she knows how much alcohol plays into that. I have a friend of mine who is a counselor at a treatment center, he has repeatedly that next to heroin and meth that alcohol is one of the worse addiction to have, it destroys lives. Even though pot as several flaws, it's not comparable to the harm booze can have and it's far more addicting than pot.

pot is much more harmful than booze will ever be.

especially if you compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges - social drink here in there with a smoke here and there and no driving involved might be compared for adults, minus the risks of smoking per se ( which are the same, no matter what you smoke - tobacco or pot).

but even moderate pot intoxication on a regular basis is way more harmful than moderate alcohol drinking ( everyday but not to the point of drunk).
both impair driving extensively.

heavy pot users are killing their brains and everything else much faster than heavy drinkers - as not everybody will become alcoholic, only those who have specific enzyme deficiency.

plus mild regular alcohol intake is beneficial, but it has to be really very mild ( not more than 50 ml of red or white wine per day - and that is very small amount) and there is no benefit in a mild pot smoking at all.

I don't know if the alcohol content is actually a benefit from the wine. I think it may have more to do with the antioxidants of the grapes or berries used or something along those lines.

A glass of red wine a day is not the same as a shot of whiskey a day, in other words. :)

I don't know if the alcohol content is actually a benefit from the wine. I think it may have more to do with the antioxidants of the grapes or berries used or something along those lines.

A glass of red wine a day is not the same as a shot of whiskey a day, in other words. :)

true, but the benefits are not contained to the red wine only.
obviously, the glass of wine, which has about 50 ml of general content will have about 10 ml of clean alcohol ( 100%) so that will correspond to a very small shot of whiskey :)

Cognac( brandy) has been shown to have the same protection as red wine.
Vodka - did not :D

It's both.

Alcohol in small doses is a health benefit from any source. Red Wine is an additional benefit. Tanins and anti-oxidants are very beneficial in fighting heart disease.

The problem is two-fold: First, most of us drink way more wine than needed, and the excess alcohol negates the benefit of the wine. Second, the same benefits can be had from drinking black tea, without the negative side effect of excess alcohol.

The human body does not require alcohol. The benefits some alcohols provide are obtainable sans alcohol. Though interestingly, post-mortem, the human body does produce alcohol. No idea why, just one of those weird things. :)

I'm amazed at the advances that have taken place in herbal gardening since I used to procure "Nickle bags". The quality and potency of todays herbs are absolutely staggering

If marijuana were made legal, would people be allowed to smoke it while performing jury duty? I assume people are currently given "smoke breaks“ for tobacco while performing jury duty.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

If marijuana were made legal, would people be allowed to smoke it while performing jury duty? I assume people are currently given "smoke breaks“ for tobacco while performing jury duty.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Presumedly not for the same reason they wouldn't be allow to imbibe alcohol on such a break.

Forum List

Back