If man evolved from monkeys, where are the monkeys that half-evolved into men?

The demand that I get an education is strange. I have 19 years of formal education, and during all that time, I never heard of a species of animal that was half-way between a monkey and a man. Seems to me that some creature like that should exist, or should have existed, sometime in history if the theory of evolution is true. When I say, where's the proof of evolution? I am treated like some sort of heretic at an Inquisition. I am condemned for my lack of faith.
Sad to hear that in all those years, you never learned what the theory of evolution was about.....

The demand that I get an education is strange. I have 19 years of formal education, and during all that time, I never heard of a species of animal that was half-way between a monkey and a man. Seems to me that some creature like that should exist, or should have existed, sometime in history if the theory of evolution is true. When I say, where's the proof of evolution? I am treated like some sort of heretic at an Inquisition. I am condemned for my lack of faith.
Attendance, does not a scholar make...

Just because it seems to you that it should exist; puts no demand on reality to provide such. Your understanding of the issue went astray early on in the understanding of evolutionary theory. You were miles off course by the time you started asking about men evolving from monkeys...

OK, maybe it's not accurate to say men evolved from monkeys. But all members of the primate family are cousins to the homo sapiens species, is that not accurate?

And if that is so, why is there such a wide gap between the intelligence of humans and the intelligence of the other primates?

Why is there no primate race that can drive an automobile, or ride a horse, or work with tools?
Chimpanzees work with tools. They make little tools for all kinds of tasks. They have a little tool that they stick down anthills to bring out the ants to eat.

The DNA of humans and Chimps is the same. It's the order that's different.

I don't believe that mankind evolved from monkeys. Monkeys in several different species, chimps and Great Apes all came from some single celled common ancestor.
The ability to jam a stick down an ant hole is not proof of great intelligence, any more than the ability of a dog to fetch a ball. A tool is something that is invented, it is not just picked off the ground.

Why do you think that the straw in the termite mound is as good as it gets?

Seriously, educate yourself.

BTW, you said "monkeys". Then you said "chimps" which are what you said last - "apes". Which are you talking about?

Sad to hear that in all those years, you never learned what the theory of evolution was about.....
I am very sure I know more about evolution than you do.

OK, maybe it's not accurate to say men evolved from monkeys. But all members of the primate family are cousins to the homo sapiens species, is that not accurate?

And if that is so, why is there such a wide gap between the intelligence of humans and the intelligence of the other primates?

Why is there no primate race that can drive an automobile, or ride a horse, or work with tools?
Chimpanzees work with tools. They make little tools for all kinds of tasks. They have a little tool that they stick down anthills to bring out the ants to eat.

I don't believe that mankind evolved from monkeys. Monkeys in several different species, chimps and Great Apes all came from some single celled common ancestor.
The ability to jam a stick down an ant hole is not proof of great intelligence, any more than the ability of a dog to fetch a ball. A tool is something that is invented, it is not just picked off the ground.
Wrong. A tool, is an object used to perform a task. Didn't you just claim to have an education?

I never heard of a species of animal that was half-way between a monkey and a man.

Of course you have ... you only pretend you haven't ...

stages-human-evolution-name_229592.jpg

And those are only the ones we've found. Even today, less than 25% of species on earth have been identified. How many thousands, hundreds of thousands, of distinct species have evolved and gone extinct in the past 20 million years?

At some point in time, a common ancestor of both humans and great apes existed. Some of it's descendants became the tree that lead to apes, some became the tree that led to humans.

At some point in the future, if humans don't go extinct, a new branch will emerge that will lead to another type of human.

"I never heard of a species of animal that was half-way between a monkey and a man."

Because there is no such thing. The idea that there SHOULD be "some creature" that fits your lack of knowledge is doomed to failure.

No one condemns ignorance because its curable.

Faith is ignorance that is NOT curable. sorry, but its simply true.

So yeah, until you educate yourself, you cannot go forward. You will simply go oin this same circle, asking the same question over and over and believing you will get a different answer. Ain't gonna happen.

There is no race of half-men/half-monkeys, either living today, or in the past. The lack of proof that something is true would normally indicate to liberals that it isn't true. But liberals believe in Darwinism like it's a religion, no proof needed.
No but you should see what man looked like 100,000 years ago. And show me a human 5000 years ago that could make a car. Big deal you can drive a car. Are you closer to the inventor or monkey? Me I'm closer to the monkey. If I was the smartest human we'd be screwed. What the fuck do I know? Electricity? Nope. Engineering? Nope.

There is no race of half-men/half-monkeys, either living today, or in the past. The lack of proof that something is true would normally indicate to liberals that it isn't true. But liberals believe in Darwinism like it's a religion, no proof needed.
As opposed to the earth being 6000 years old and there was an ark? :rofl:
Or a virgin birth. Really? Do Christians want to talk about no proof?

Wrong. A tool, is an object used to perform a task. Didn't you just claim to have an education?

True. It doesn't matter where the tool came from. You can pick a tool up off the ground, use it as a hammer or you can go to Ace hardware.

But, the apes have invented tools as well.

Really fascinating are the tools that crows and ravens have made. I've rehabbed both and their intelligence is nothing short of wonderfully astounding. All corvids are very intelligent. Fun critters.

True. It doesn't matter where the tool came from. You can pick a tool up off the ground, use it as a hammer or you can go to Ace hardware.

Really fascinating are the tools that crows and ravens have made. I've rehabbed both and their intelligence is nothing short of wonderfully astounding. All corvids are very intelligent. Fun critters.

I don't want to derail this thread but in case anyone is interested -

The Unexpected Genius of Corvids

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5969515/corvids-the-birds-who-think-like-humans

Meet the Bird Brainiacs: American Crow

Very few people believe the Earth is 6000 years old dumb ass. And they re all pretty much ignored by serious religions.

Or a virgin birth. Really? Do Christians want to talk about no proof?

Its true that Blackrook is more than willing to believe some of the silliest, most outrageous tales in history.

But not evolution?

What's interesting here is that all I've done is politely ask questions, and for that, I am condemned as stupid and uneducated. Is this the way you teach your children when they ask you questions?

I never heard of a species of animal that was half-way between a monkey and a man.

And those are only the ones we've found. Even today, less than 25% of species on earth have been identified. How many thousands, hundreds of thousands, of distinct species have evolved and gone extinct in the past 20 million years?

At some point in time, a common ancestor of both humans and great apes existed. Some of it's descendants became the tree that lead to apes, some became the tree that led to humans.

At some point in the future, if humans don't go extinct, a new branch will emerge that will lead to another type of human.
Seriously when I think of the most evolved humans I think of scientists, mechanics, engineers, electricians, mathematicians, doctors. All the people that would be needed to put our society back together if something bad happened.

I'm just a sheep. I mean I'd be a good Hunter or warrior but all I am is a sales guy. That skill won't cut it when we are rebuilding society. So how evolved am I? On a 1-10 scale I might be more monkey than I am evolved human. Or maybe I'm a 4 out of 10.

So I guess if you want to see a more or less evolved human just look at your neighbor.

Very few people believe the Earth is 6000 years old dumb ass. And they re all pretty much ignored by serious religions.

"serious religion"?

Oh, the irony.

:rolleyes:

I don't want to derail this thread but in case anyone is interested -

The Unexpected Genius of Corvids

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5969515/corvids-the-birds-who-think-like-humans

Meet the Bird Brainiacs: American Crow
Indeed corvids are very smart. When I've shot crows, the rest remember the incident and avoid the area. They even recognize an armed person versus an unarmed person. And don't even get me started on the blue ones that harrass the song birds at my feeder... I make no distintion between them and crows. They both get the same "hospitality".

Seriously when I think of the most evolved humans I think of scientists, mechanics, engineers, electricians, mathematicians, doctors. All the people that would be needed to put our society back together if something bad happened.

I'm just a sheep. I mean I'd be a good Hunter or warrior but all I am is a sales guy. That skill won't cut it when we are rebuilding society. So how evolved am I? On a 1-10 scale I might be more monkey than I am evolved human. Or maybe I'm a 4 out of 10.

So I guess if you want to see a more or less evolved human just look at your neighbor.

Not necessarily further evolved. Just better educated. And, that's where the US is really failing.

Evolution doesn't say man evolved from monkeys. Man and monkeys evolved from a common ancestor. Think maybe God used evolution to bring about man?

Forum List

Back