If it's such a good plan...

Was he wrong? AARP is working on 6 areas of reform in Medicare. All 6 are dealt with in the Obama plan which AARP tried to explain to its members in Town Hall meetings but they were canceled due to the 'shout-down' tactics or the right. Just how is it the right knows who is wrong when you never allow anyone to speak.

good deflection, well, not really. so why do you think the president lied?[/url]

I don't. On AARP's web site they list seven pieces of legislation tied to health care reform that they support and they are leading the effort to debunk right-wing myths on health care reform. What I would suggest is that the right stop storming meeting and start listening then you might be able to see who is lying and who is not...

aarp has stated they have not endorsed any bill currently before congress.
the president stated they did.

what part of that confuses you, buckwheat?

hint: try not to invoke sara palin in your response.

good deflection, well, not really. so why do you think the president lied?[/url]

I don't. On AARP's web site they list seven pieces of legislation tied to health care reform that they support and they are leading the effort to debunk right-wing myths on health care reform. What I would suggest is that the right stop storming meeting and start listening then you might be able to see who is lying and who is not...

I guess the part where AARP says "A Letter of Endorsement for H.R. 3185". It is clear you haven't read Scotts article nor gone to the AARP web site and read what they support. There are currently 6 provisions and seven bills associated with those provisions that they support. Kill health care reform and you kill what they support. Yet you don't see that as an endorsement do you! Why am I not surprised...

I guess the part where AARP says "A Letter of Endorsement for H.R. 3185". It is clear you haven't read Scotts article nor gone to the AARP web site and read what they support. There are currently 6 provisions and seven bills associated with those provisions that they support. Kill health care reform and you kill what they support. Yet you don't see that as an endorsement do you! Why am I not surprised...

"The country's largest advocacy group for Americans over 50 issued a statement after the event saying, "While the President was correct that AARP will not endorse a health care reform bill that would reduce Medicare benefits, indications that we have endorsed any of the major health care reform bills currently under consideration in Congress are inaccurate."

President Obama’s “Senior” Moment? - Political Punch

it's those damn rightwingers at ABCnews.
:rofl:

try the grape, dude.
:thup:

del, obama did not lie...he said on board with health care reform, he did not say endorsed, and the aarp IS ON BOARD with it....?

Mary Scott: Why AARP supports health insurance reform | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Opinion: Viewpoints

del posted a news article, you posted an opinion article (see titles in links for proof).
Read closer.

Reading closer and it's an explanation of AARP's position. What is your point?

"The country's largest advocacy group for Americans over 50 issued a statement after the event saying, "While the President was correct that AARP will not endorse a health care reform bill that would reduce Medicare benefits, indications that we have endorsed any of the major health care reform bills currently under consideration in Congress are inaccurate."

try the grape, dude.

You linked a blog and ignored direct statements from AARP, their president, and clearly have not bothers to go to their site and read for yourself. Try the grape? Clearly you've already drank it all...

try the grape, dude.

You linked a blog and ignored direct statements from AARP, their president, and clearly have not bothers to go to their site and read for yourself. Try the grape? Clearly you've already drank it all...

i've linked abc news senior white house correspondent's blog, but you keep telling yourself it's some wingnut if it makes you feel better.

keep up the good work

del, obama did not lie...he said on board with health care reform, he did not say endorsed, and the aarp IS ON BOARD with it....?

Mary Scott: Why AARP supports health insurance reform | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Opinion: Viewpoints

try the grape, dude.
take note, care

08-11-2009-obamacare-m.jpg

^Share it early and often!...

:)

peace...

Bah! We'll miss you Mal ... you have to try to get a message from whatever camp they toss you in after this. :razz:

Do you Think I will get Internet Access there?... ;)

We are going to be Printing these as Yard Signs... Hopefully... Busy, busy, busy...

If so, I will let you know how to Order one.

peace...

why is obama lying about it?:confused:

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The problem?
The AARP hasn't endorsed any plan yet

Or so they say,, in the townhall they ran crying from,, but they were there to promote the health care bill! The AARP is as big a liar as obama is they just can't get coordinated.:lol:

try the grape, dude.
take note, care

Obama did NOT say ENDORSED by the AARP.....that IS the bottom line Dive isn't it? He didn't say the aarp ENDORSED the plan and clearly by the article I posted from the president of aarp in the Dallas Morning News, the aarp does support much of the health care insurance reform being proposed....

so where is the lie? or is the lie, the lie about obama saying he endorsed it? Because he did not say the aarp ENDORSED it? Semantics? :D

And good morning!

Care

try the grape, dude.
take note, care

Obama did NOT say ENDORSED by the AARP.....that IS the bottom line Dive isn't it? He didn't say the aarp ENDORSED the plan and clearly by the article I posted from the president of aarp in the Dallas Morning News, the aarp does support much of the health care insurance reform being proposed....

so where is the lie? or is the lie, the lie about obama saying he endorsed it? Because he did not say the aarp ENDORSED it? Semantics? :D

And good morning!

Care

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he (Obama) said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

hello? what part of this is confusing you?
the only one playing semantics is you.

good morning.

service is a failure, yet wants to take over 7% of our economy on health care.

As long as they have a good product and the government plan has to sustain itself through premiums and other non-tax revenue, private insurers should be able to compete with the government plan, Obama said.

"They do it all the time," he said. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. ... It's the Post Office that's always having problems." :clap2::clap2::clap2:

And you said he was sooooooooooo smart, hell he's not even a good salesperson.

LOL. That was so funny. Talk about sticking one foot in ones mouth. LOL.

Better yet. If this health care plan is so good then why does congress excempt themselves from it? If they( congress ) agreed to be on it with the rest of us it might have a better approval rating.

take note, care

And good morning!

Care

At another point he (Obama) said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

good morning.

good morning Del!

those are the words of the aarp president that obama repeated that i posted....aarp would not ever endorse a bill that would undermine medicare....he repeated WHAT the AARP President SAID....is how i read it, but i can see the confusion...read what SHE SAID again...

Mary Scott: Why AARP supports health insurance reform

Unfortunately, the myth machine is out in full force today. Rather than addressing the issues with constructive dialogue, some would rather spend their energies misleading Americans. Let's take a few of their distortions head on.

So you don't want to see any changes to health care? Well, imagine your health insurance premiums doubling over the next 10 years, the Medicare trust fund going bankrupt and the number of uninsured Texans continuing its meteoric rise. That's what you will have without meaningful health insurance reform.
Also Online

Special interests defending the status quo are employing an array of scare tactics, half-truths and outright deception in trying to convince us that the system is not in critical condition.

The reality is that – with health care costs eating up 16 percent of our gross domestic product and the rising cost of medical care taking a toll on millions already struggling in this economic crisis – we cannot truly fix our economy until we fix health care.

As a dynamic organization of 40 million members with a long history of fighting for quality health care for all Americans – including protecting and strengthening Medicare – AARP has been targeted by those intent on slamming the brakes on any reform. We have not yet endorsed any of the bills moving through Congress, but our organization is committed to making health care reform a reality.

Unfortunately, the myth machine is out in full force today. Rather than addressing the issues with constructive dialogue, some would rather spend their energies misleading Americans. Let's take a few of their distortions head on.

Rest assured, AARP does not now, and never will, support a proposal that jeopardizes Medicare.
Rather, we're fighting for reform that preserves access to our doctors and assures they will be paid fairly by Medicare, while reducing waste and fraud. And we're working with members of both parties to close the Part D coverage gap, or "doughnut hole," for prescription drugs. Reform will help curb skyrocketing prices throughout our health care system, including Medicare.

Make no mistake, there is no provision anywhere to allow Medicare to pull the plug or make you sign a piece of paper forcing you to determine how you want to die. Saying otherwise is inexcusable and cruel. Rather, the provision would allow physicians to be paid for time spent counseling and answering questions about things like advance directives, living wills, durable powers of attorney and hospice care. It's entirely voluntary and up to each patient.

Let's be clear, despite what those trying to scare off seniors would have you believe, nothing in any of the proposals would lead to rationing of care for older Americans or anyone based on age. And should it ever come up, AARP would lead the fight to kill it.

Contrary to the rhetoric of some fringe groups, health insurance reform is no backdoor attempt at creating "socialized medicine," where government directly owns hospitals and employs doctors. Rather, the aim is to implement a system much like members of Congress have today. People can choose from a range of quality, affordable private health plans, either offered by their employer or by the state or federally supervised insurance "exchange." Plans will have to accept everyone regardless of health or age, and have strict limits on cost-sharing so coverage is affordable for all.

We have the chance right now to take the steps that will make us healthier, both collectively and individually. It's a historic opportunity, and AARP will continue to work to see this through.

Mary Scott is AARP president. Her e-mail address is [email protected].

Last edited:
08-11-2009-obamacare-m.jpg

^Share it early and often!...

peace...

Bah! We'll miss you Mal ... you have to try to get a message from whatever camp they toss you in after this. :razz:

Do you Think I will get Internet Access there?... ;)

We are going to be Printing these as Yard Signs... Hopefully... Busy, busy, busy...

If so, I will let you know how to Order one.

peace...

Naw, my voice is here: YouTube - KittenKoder's Channel

And good morning!

Care

good morning.

good morning Del!

those are the words of the aarp president that obama repeated that i posted....aarp would not ever endorse a bill that would undermine medicare....he repeated WHAT the AARP President SAID....is how i read it, but i can see the confusion...read what SHE SAID again...

Mary Scott: Why AARP supports health insurance reform

So you don't want to see any changes to health care? Well, imagine your health insurance premiums doubling over the next 10 years, the Medicare trust fund going bankrupt and the number of uninsured Texans continuing its meteoric rise. That's what you will have without meaningful health insurance reform.
Also Online

Special interests defending the status quo are employing an array of scare tactics, half-truths and outright deception in trying to convince us that the system is not in critical condition.

The reality is that – with health care costs eating up 16 percent of our gross domestic product and the rising cost of medical care taking a toll on millions already struggling in this economic crisis – we cannot truly fix our economy until we fix health care.

As a dynamic organization of 40 million members with a long history of fighting for quality health care for all Americans – including protecting and strengthening Medicare – AARP has been targeted by those intent on slamming the brakes on any reform. We have not yet endorsed any of the bills moving through Congress, but our organization is committed to making health care reform a reality.

Rest assured, AARP does not now, and never will, support a proposal that jeopardizes Medicare.
Rather, we're fighting for reform that preserves access to our doctors and assures they will be paid fairly by Medicare, while reducing waste and fraud. And we're working with members of both parties to close the Part D coverage gap, or "doughnut hole," for prescription drugs. Reform will help curb skyrocketing prices throughout our health care system, including Medicare.

Make no mistake, there is no provision anywhere to allow Medicare to pull the plug or make you sign a piece of paper forcing you to determine how you want to die. Saying otherwise is inexcusable and cruel. Rather, the provision would allow physicians to be paid for time spent counseling and answering questions about things like advance directives, living wills, durable powers of attorney and hospice care. It's entirely voluntary and up to each patient.

Let's be clear, despite what those trying to scare off seniors would have you believe, nothing in any of the proposals would lead to rationing of care for older Americans or anyone based on age. And should it ever come up, AARP would lead the fight to kill it.

Contrary to the rhetoric of some fringe groups, health insurance reform is no backdoor attempt at creating "socialized medicine," where government directly owns hospitals and employs doctors. Rather, the aim is to implement a system much like members of Congress have today. People can choose from a range of quality, affordable private health plans, either offered by their employer or by the state or federally supervised insurance "exchange." Plans will have to accept everyone regardless of health or age, and have strict limits on cost-sharing so coverage is affordable for all.

We have the chance right now to take the steps that will make us healthier, both collectively and individually. It's a historic opportunity, and AARP will continue to work to see this through.

Mary Scott is AARP president. Her e-mail address is [email protected].

The Associated Press: AARP tells Obama: No health plan endorsement yet

Forum List

Back