If it's such a good plan...

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he (Obama) said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

hello? what part of this is confusing you?
the only one playing semantics is you.

good morning.

good morning Del!

those are the words of the aarp president that obama repeated that i posted....aarp would not ever endorse a bill that would undermine medicare....he repeated WHAT the AARP President SAID....is how i read it, but i can see the confusion...read what SHE SAID again...

The Associated Press: AARP tells Obama: No health plan endorsement yet

Yes, this is CORRECT, AARP has not endorsed a plan yet and the AARP President said such in the same article that I posted for you:

As a dynamic organization of 40 million members with a long history of fighting for quality health care for all Americans – including protecting and strengthening Medicare – AARP has been targeted by those intent on slamming the brakes on any reform. We have not yet endorsed any of the bills moving through Congress, but our organization is committed to making health care reform a reality.

And I just reread your first post and listened to the video finally and you are correct...because obama said WOULD not be endorsing....., IF he had said WILL not be endorsing.... then that would have been more accurate and mimick what the aarp president had said...

but as said, after listening to the tape, because he worded it with WOULD not be.....you are RIGHT, it sounds as if they have endorsed the plan already.

:)

care

Last edited:

Forum List

Back