If it's such a good plan...

why is obama lying about it?:confused:

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The problem?

The AARP hasn't endorsed any plan yet

President Obama’s “Senior” Moment? - Political Punch

Obama HAS to lie about it because it's so convoluted that even HE doesn't know what's in it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Del, why not support Obama's plan? Exactly what is wrong with it? (I have my own issues with O's plan, but I'm leaning towards support of any kind of reform bill with teeth.)

I'm not del, but in my opinion, if he has to lie about it, he knows there is something wrong with it.

One should always be careful of projection when entering any kind of argument. And you are correct, lying is the biggest red flag in telling you there is something wrong with the position being taken. Now shall I give some of the quotes from Palin and others from the right or is this enough said...

Del, why not support Obama's plan? Exactly what is wrong with it? (I have my own issues with O's plan, but I'm leaning towards support of any kind of reform bill with teeth.)

I'm not del, but in my opinion, if he has to lie about it, he knows there is something wrong with it.

One should always be careful of projection when entering any kind of argument. And you are correct, lying is the biggest red flag in telling you there is something wrong with the position being taken. Now shall I give some of the quotes from Palin and others from the right or is this enough said...

How about if you go ahead and start a thread on their lies, instead of trying to excuse one persons lie by justifying it because somebody else said a lie?

P.S.
Next time, why don't you quote my whole post?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
while it is totally none of my business i will comment on this anyway.

i am leaning more and more to editec's opinion.

better no reform and letting the system crash for real than a compromised wishy-washy reform which will keep the system on life-support for another decade.

the cynical part of course is for the system to crash, there will be a lot of real death panels and killed grannies.

better no reform and letting the system crash for real than a compromised wishy-washy reform which will keep the system on life-support for another decade.

the cynical part of course is for the system to crash, there will be a lot of real death panels and killed grannies.
a reformed private system wont crash
it just needs a few tweaks to make it better
like remove the state borders on the purchase of health plans
and allow "a la carte" purchasing on the plans, that way you only have to pay for the coverage you want
and if your situations change you can add the parts you need
we dont need more government to get in the way

Quit trying to mis-direct.

I was making a point that it doesn't invalidate the rest of what he said. And I said you were right.

That's not a mis-direction.
if he was wrong, it DOES invalidate what he said

Was he wrong? AARP is working on 6 areas of reform in Medicare. All 6 are dealt with in the Obama plan which AARP tried to explain to its members in Town Hall meetings but they were canceled due to the 'shout-down' tactics or the right. Just how is it the right knows who is wrong when you never allow anyone to speak.

and allow "a la carte" purchasing on the plans, that way you only have to pay for the coverage you want

i really have no clue about the proposed reforms. but i got the impression that it is a battle royal between reform of some kind and status quo.

it looks to me like you advocate some kind of reform, too.

is that right?

and if it is, is this option on the table by someone, you know is the insurance industry about to reform the private system or something?

hehe, you see, i am kind of poking around in the mud...

i really have no clue about the proposed reforms. but i got the impression that it is a battle royal between reform of some kind and status quo.

is that right?

and if it is, is this option on the table by someone, you know is the insurance industry about to reform the private system or something?

yes, reforms, not the crap being pushed by Obama and the dems

is that right?

ok, you are for reforms, but if the government does not force some kind of reform, who will?

is that right?

ok, you are for reforms, but if the government does not force some kind of reform, who will?
the reforms needed are getting the government out of the way in most cases

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

the reforms needed are getting the government out of the way in most cases

ok, i understand your opinion, and i don't want to appear as an annoying pest, well not now, but who would expedite the reform. it must be the private market right? the insurance industry. who else? i can't think of another player, you want the government out, but you want reforms. who will stand up and make these reforms come into the real world?

Additionally, it's not a good enough plan that the congress and the president want to take part in it for themselves and their families. Sue Myrick from NC proposed an amendment to do just that and it was immediately shot down.

How exactly is congress NOT a part of this plan MM? They ARE a part of it as anyone's insurance is a part of it....?

no new bill needs to be introduced...that was a political posturing gimmick.

congress is under the same insurance reform AS ALL OF US....and each member of Congress will get to decide to move onward to one of the qualified plans that have all of the GOOD BENEFICIAL REFORMS in it, or they can stay with the insurance plan they have now with their own insurance company for 5 years of grandfathering.

They don't get anything any of us can't get....they get to grandfather their own insurance policy for 5 years, as I get to grandfather my own policy for 5 years IF I WANT TO...

But of course I don't want to because the new reformed insurance policies from these private companies have MORE PROTECTIONS for us in them than my old insurance policy does, so I would move on to the qualified policy as soon as it became available....

Honestly, this is just another lie perpetrated by the desperate and deceitful in office like the broad from NC...

Care

is that right?

Licker, in this country, it isn't the government's job to "force" anything upon the people. It's to defend and protect them. Period.

Forum List

Back