If it's such a good plan...

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
why is obama lying about it?:confused:

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The problem?

The AARP hasn't endorsed any plan yet

President Obama’s “Senior” Moment? - Political Punch

Del, why not support Obama's plan? Exactly what is wrong with it? (I have my own issues with O's plan, but I'm leaning towards support of any kind of reform bill with teeth.)

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The problem?

He said they were "on board".

Since the bill hasn't been finished yet, what exactly would have "endorsed"?

Del, why not support Obama's plan? Exactly what is wrong with it? (I have my own issues with O's plan, but I'm leaning towards support of any kind of reform bill with teeth.)

I'm not del, but in my opinion, if he has to lie about it, he knows there is something wrong with it.
Additionally, it's not a good enough plan that the congress and the president want to take part in it for themselves and their families. Sue Myrick from NC proposed an amendment to do just that and it was immediately shot down.

• Banned

i don't know exactly what's wrong with it, but the fact that he's trying to ram it through in a week and a half (exaggeration) tells me that it's not well thought out and probably will bite us in the ass via the law of unintended consequences.

i'm pretty fed up with government by the seat of the pants. put together a solid bill, discuss it, tweak it, vote on it and implement it. it takes time to do it right. will the world end if they take 6 months or whatever to do it right?

i don't think so.

The problem?

Read closer, I've put the important part in bold.

The problem?

A fine example of political double-speak. :rolleyes:

The second point Obama says 'AARP was endorsing a bill'.

I'm not del, but in my opinion, if he has to lie about it, he knows there is something wrong with it.
Additionally, it's not a good enough plan that the congress and the president want to take part in it for themselves and their families. Sue Myrick from NC proposed an amendment to do just that and it was immediately shot down.
thats enough of a reason to oppose this

Because he's just another lying politician. He is no different than any other politician out there, and may even be worse than most.

gm09080820090808120157.jpg

The problem?

Read closer, I've put the important part in bold.

Ouch, my bad, you're right, some presidential advisor needs to be slapped over that one. There isn't even a bill yet to endorse.

The problem?

A fine example of political double-speak. :rolleyes:

The second point Obama says 'AARP was endorsing a bill'.

Yep, retracted above.

Although, being mis-informed about AARP, is not as bad as making accusations like:

1. The goverment is going to kill you if you're old and sick.

2. The government is going to force you to have abortions.

3. The government is going to take away your medicare.

and now

4. The Government is going to come into your home and force people to be "brainwashed" on how to raise their child.

Accusations that his opponents have been making, in the media, in public and on this board.

And one mistake does not invalidate his repudiation of these points.

That being said, he should not have said that.

service is a failure, yet wants to take over 7% of our economy on health care.

As long as they have a good product and the government plan has to sustain itself through premiums and other non-tax revenue, private insurers should be able to compete with the government plan, Obama said.

"They do it all the time," he said. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. ... It's the Post Office that's always having problems." :clap2::clap2::clap2:

And you said he was sooooooooooo smart, hell he's not even a good salesperson.

Although, being mis-informed about AARP, is not as bad as making accusations like:

1. The goverment is going to kill you if you're old and sick.

2. The government is going to force you to have abortions.

3. The government is going to take away your medicare.

and now

4. The Government is going to come into your home and force people to be "brainwashed" on how to raise their child.

Accusations that his opponents have been making, in the media, in public and on this board.

And one mistake does not invalidate his repudiation of these points.

That being said, he should not have said that.

Quit trying to mis-direct.

Forum List

Back