If it's good or the goose ...

Is state sponsored assassination acceptable?

• Of course not. All civilized nations should reject it outright.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Of course. If a nation deems it necessary.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • American Exceptionalism! Duh.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
What do you think would happen in a nation...in this case Iran...targeted and killed the top military commander in the US...?

Should State Sponsored Assassination of US Americans abroad, such as those carried out by Barry, be allowed?
Nope. But I guess you think "Obama did it too!" is a good excuse.
'Obama did it too' is not a good enough excuse, and I did not say it was. Obama operated under some type of authority to run his own personal drone assassination program, probably something he claimed under Bush's request / approval to wage war against terrorists / terrorism. President Trump, therefore - as Obama set the precedence for doing so - would have this same authority....unless you're saying Obama 'went rogue' using power he did not have (something Barry never did)yet did not get caught / was not punished for....but Trump now can be?!

Should State Sponsored Assassination of US Americans abroad, such as those carried out by Barry, be allowed?
Yeah. Soleiemani was not 'just a general' but he also was not exactly Mike Pompano either. I'm sure Iran would say Pompano supports state terrorism, and arguably we do in sending the Saudi's munitions to kill civilians in Yeman .... but at least in theory we support having all people live peacefully with the options of choosing theri own govts. Iran cannot really say the same.

Two different justifications. We were willign to bet our credibility on Osama's guilt, and there was no other way to "dispence justice" for 3000 dead civilians, and not all were Americans.

If Trump has intelligence pointing to an imminent attack then put it up. I mean we did get intelligence from places like Indonesia and the Phllipenes and even Uzbekistan where "enhanced interrogation" is used, and we haven't complained .

The Iran taking over story is nonsense. Half of the troops that fought ISIS in Iraq were Hezbollah and other Iranian-backed militias.
Phrump has shown his disgusting true face once again. Who stands in his way gets terminated. Run the gov like a business, he said.
And he already threatened Iraq with sanctions over the parliament´s request although he promised to you to bring the troops home.

Two different justifications. We were willign to bet our credibility on Osama's guilt, and there was no other way to "dispence justice" for 3000 dead civilians, and not all were Americans.

If Trump has intelligence pointing to an imminent attack then put it up. I mean we did get intelligence from places like Indonesia and the Phllipenes and even Uzbekistan where "enhanced interrogation" is used, and we haven't complained .
Are you suggesting there is any question as to Qasem Soleimani's guilt ' hand in killing at least 3,000 - probably much more - men, women, children, US civilians, and US soldiers throughout the Middle East?

If UBL 'deserved to die' because he was responsible for the deaths / murder of so many then the same justification could / should be used for targeting / killing Soleimani.

The guy was the leader of the IRCG's QUD force, an official terrorist organization recognized by the united States as such. The United States, to include under Obama, have taken out terrorist leaders who have far less blood on their hands than Soleimani, some just because Al Qaeda / ISIS just publicly named them as the last leader's successor.

The fact that US Federal Politicians are calling up / contacting the Iranian Government to give them their apologies for the President taking out this terrorist responsible for killing so many people that some throughout the Middle east CELEBRATED his death is despicable, not to mention damn-near treasonous!

Do snowflakes now believe Democrats owe terrorist groups BACK apologies and messages of solidarity with them from drone strikes conducted by / under Obama?

I have not looked for a source, but it kinda makes sense....

they were on the ground, for the mission...

If they were just going to kill him, they would have droned the compound, and not risked the Seals on the ground, is my thought.

They weren't even sure that he was there. When they found him, they didn't hesitate to shoot him. I too would have thought that they might have liked to capture him alive for interrogation purposes, but all of the information that came out suggests they were just going to kill him on sight.

Was taking out Bin Laden state sponsored assassination?
Using extra-legal means to kill someone who uses said means as a way life..someone who was not a head of a recognized state--is not only fair game in my book..but doing a world service.
Killing someone who IS part of a nation-state--who is following orders from a govt.---is state-sponsored assassination--that being said...as long as we are willing to deal with the consequences...is a card that we should be able to play, as needed.

Remembering that when our guy guy gets capped..in reprisal...we opened the game. There is much to be said with the Putin way...kill someone..and don't take credit. Give a bland denial with a shit-eating grin---or blame it on the Saudi's.

Of course...if you did it that way--there would be no distraction from domestic matters that vex....

Last edited:
He was a bad guy, no question, but it was a tactical error to kill him assuming we really want to avoid another endless Mid-East conflict.

A "bad guy", eh? To me it seems, he helped neighbors, freedom fighters, in their efforts to defeat a brutal occupation following a criminal, mass-murderous invasion, not to mention he also helped to defeat the U.S.-caused take-over of much of the country by Daesh. That's the definition of a good guy - at least pretty close to it.

Is it required, in your neck of the woods, to swallow the empire's propaganda whole, no questions asked?

He was a bad guy, no question, but it was a tactical error to kill him assuming we really want to avoid another endless Mid-East conflict.

A "bad guy", eh? To me it seems, he helped neighbors, freedom fighters, in their efforts to defeat a brutal occupation following a criminal, mass-murderous invasion, not to mention he also helped to defeat the U.S.-caused take-over of much of the country by Daesh. That's the definition of a good guy - at least pretty close to it.

Is it required, in your neck of the woods, to swallow the empire's propaganda whole, no questions asked?
WTF? The theocratic leaders of Iran are absolute tyrants. While I do not want another stupid war, In no way am I able to do the kind of mental gymnastics it takes to make anyone the blameless good guys in any middle east pissing contest.

WTF? The theocratic leaders of Iran are absolute tyrants. While I do not want another stupid war, In no way am I able to do the kind of mental gymnastics it takes to make anyone the blameless good guys in any middle east pissing contest.

I'm just having a blast realizing the country, having sent invaders and occupiers causing north of a million deaths and god knows how many injured and maimed for life, and unfathomable suffering particularly among the weakest of society, fall all over themselves designating a guy they just murdered a "bad guy, no question". No one, not a single one, across the entire political spectrum, appears to appreciate the irony.

I'm just having a blast realizing the country, having sent invaders and occupiers causing north of a million deaths and god knows how many injured and maimed for life, and unfathomable suffering particularly among the weakest of society, fall all over themselves designating a guy they just murdered a "bad guy, no question". No one, not a single one, across the entire political spectrum, appears to appreciate the irony.
Appreciate all you want.There is no such thing as "the good guys" anywhere in the middle east. As soon as you take a side you immediately have to accept their many crimes against humanity. That means us, them and everyone else. The only way to win there is not to play.

Appreciate all you want.There is no such thing as "the good guys" anywhere in the middle east. As soon as you take a side you immediately have to accept their many crimes against humanity. That means us, them and everyone else. The only way to win there is not to play.

Wow, we agree on something.

There is no such thing as "the good guys" anywhere in the middle east.

Israel is a democratic and GREAT nation and they are "good guys".
Unless, of course, you are Palestinian...LOL! Good and bad...in the Middle East..is indeed a matter of perspective. Like it or not..your view..is not the be all and the end all.

It wasn't an assassination. That is illegal. Look it up. I've posted links for this many times.

It was termination of a terrorist threat. This has all been defined by congress and approved after 911.

I believe assassination isn't right and additionally it's illegal.

Shaking my head here, Occupied. I think we aren't really that far apart in our assessments. The irony of a bunch of murderers calling a guy they just murdered a murderer, calling the guy a terrorist to justify their act of state terrorism, is unmistakable. Or so I thought. That it's lost on Trumpletons is not really that big a surprise. And no, claiming "there are no good guys in the Middle East" doesn't really make things any better, I fear.

We all know Trump doesn't know what he's doing, and he fired pretty much everyone who wasn't enough of a lickspittle. And that, in turn, means the prospects we are all going to have to face hinges on the mullahs in Tehran acting responsibly, and with restraint. That gigantic irony should not be lost on anyone. Or is it?

Shaking my head here, Occupied. I think we aren't really that far apart in our assessments. The irony of a bunch of murderers calling a guy they just murdered a murderer, calling the guy a terrorist to justify their act of state terrorism, is unmistakable. Or so I thought. That it's lost on Trumpletons is not really that big a surprise. And no, claiming "there are no good guys in the Middle East" doesn't really make things any better, I fear.

We all know Trump doesn't know what he's doing, and he fired pretty much everyone who wasn't enough of a lickspittle. And that, in turn, means the prospects we are all going to have to face hinges on the mullahs in Tehran acting responsibly, and with restraint. That gigantic irony should not be lost on anyone. Or is it?

Forum List

Back