CDZ "If he nominated me, I'd lead the fight against me"

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
The thread title is what Senator Lindsay Graham said to Dana Bash when discussing Mr. Obama's SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland.

Say what? I have to call the GOP Senators clowns. Isn't who gets nominated what is important and who nominates them irrelevant?

Were I the person who follows Mr. Obama into the White House, regardless of what party I belong to, I'd nominate the same person, especially if I thought they were well qualified in the first place. Sen. Graham's remark it substantively the same as saying a good idea is less good because X proposed it instead of Y's having do so. That's just downright silly.

The thread title is what Senator Lindsay Graham said to Dana Bash when discussing Mr. Obama's SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland.

Say what? I have to call the GOP Senators clowns. Isn't who gets nominated what is important and who nominates them irrelevant?

Were I the person who follows Mr. Obama into the White House, regardless of what party I belong to, I'd nominate the same person, especially if I thought they were well qualified in the first place. Sen. Graham's remark it substantively the same as saying a good idea is less good because X proposed it instead of Y's having do so. That's just downright silly.

He could have nominated Ted Cruz and the GOP would have went against his choice, so this year is the year of the clowns because the Circus that we call our government is full of ass clowns...

If only I lived in Kentucky so I could some day have the joy of flipping the lever AGAINST Mitch McConnell. As Trump would say, he is a bad, bad man.

There is no judge on the Supreme court, who is any better than Judge Isaac Parker, and he is better known as the hanging judge.

Isnt there a problem with our system when our judges are known more for their politics than for their fairness, or their consistent interpretation of the law?

It's funny, we blame the courts for putting low level drug users in jail for ridiculous amounts of time, while rapists and killers get about the same amount of time.

But, it's not the courts, it's the judges, and the prosecutors, all of whom are elected officials.

Would you paint your house, while the inside of it was burnt out and unlivable? Yet we want to change national politics, while our local politics is far more messed up.

What I understand the confusion here to be is what I would call literary syncretism, although of course there is also speech included as you have mentioned. It serves our purpose to make it only literary synchretism in this case because of tinynascarfan putting emphasis on law consistency instead of law diversity, even as both are important for judicial qualification.

That is, the words used are the same but the meanings are very different according to the reader's or audience parallel or transversal (perpendicular) references, especially when the analyst or interpreter decides to use many of their own references.

As you can now see, it is quite a complex situation, but to make it simple we just have to understand these matters as having an expanding and extenuating focal point.

I would be glad to indulge somewhat in that complexity if my perspective happens to be helping towards a more comprehensible political future, perhaps even beyond these forums.

Forum List

Back