If guns are needed for self-protection, then who was the Oregon mass killer protecting himself from?

This goofy state I live in legalized marijuana. I hear automatic weapons firing at night, like this was Syria. Pop pop pop pop pop pop. It's a little disconcerting. What is next, pickup trucks with Russian AA guns roving the freeking streets? Of course not. But it's ok to give guns to mentally ill tube steaks that shoot up preschools or movie theaters, though. That just fine, should we hand out free firearms at movie theaters and preschools? Just as a precaution? Semi or fully auto? What caliber? We won't ask questions, no disqualifiers, hell. let's just hand them out at random. Because. What difference does it make?

Last edited:
it is true that most pistols are not very accurate beyond 10-20 feet.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Finally, someone honest enough to admit that pistols in the hands of the average owner are not accurate.

And when they are half asleep and scared silly they are next to useless.

Only a fool believes the NRA gun fetishist myth that "guns are needed for self protection".

I disagree. Only a fool would believe he or she is any kind of match against a criminal with a gun when they themselves don't have one.

Only a fool exposes themselves to a criminal with a gun when there plenty of effective deterrents to prevent that from ever happening.

"I have always believed that it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. Our enemies are armed. We must do likewise." – Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey

Amen to that....
"I always believed that nobody needs a gun to defend themselves if nobody else has one"-Me

Don't be a stupid fool, if someone comes at you with a knife do you want a gun? What if three large men come after you what then? Are you going to pull out your gun control advocate ID card and wave it at them? Morons!

Why do the foolish gun fetishists always put themselves in situations where they need guns? are they so stupid as not to know how to keep themselves out of danger?

"I have always believed that it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. Our enemies are armed. We must do likewise." – Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey

Amen to that....
"I always believed that nobody needs a gun to defend themselves if nobody else has one"-Me

Don't be a stupid fool, if someone comes at you with a knife do you want a gun? What if three large men come after you what then? Are you going to pull out your gun control advocate ID card and wave it at them? Morons!

Why do the foolish gun fetishists always put themselves in situations where they need guns? are they so stupid as not to know how to keep themselves out of danger?

I stay out of the liberal run inner cities where nearly all the shootings each week occur. ON SNAP!! :laugh:

Amen to that....

I stay out of the liberal run inner cities where nearly all the shootings each week occur. ON SNAP!! :laugh:

Thank you for admitting that you don't need a firearm but since you suffer from a severe case of gun fetishitis you can't go anywhere without one.

Amen to that....

Thank you for admitting that you don't need a firearm but since you suffer from a severe case of gun fetishitis you can't go anywhere without one.

If only the thugs from the liberal run inner cities would stay our of my county I probably wouldn't need a firearm. But they come out here stealing mail and breaking into our homes. Why can't you libs contain your thugs?

If only the thugs from the liberal run inner cities would stay our of my county I probably wouldn't need a firearm. But they come out here stealing mail and breaking into our homes. Why can't you libs contain your thugs?

The racism is gun fetishists is never far from the surface. :eek:

Have you considered that if you were willing to pay your taxes you would have adequate policing to protect where you live?

Of course you haven't because gun fetishists are not smart enough to figure out that is how law and order works.

Wow.. the gun-phobic, leftwing loony bin is still at it? I wonder if they realize that most of the shootings happen at their beloved gun free zones?

The racism is gun fetishists is never far from the surface. :eek:

Have you considered that if you were willing to pay your taxes you would have adequate policing to protect where you live?

Of course you haven't because gun fetishists are not smart enough to figure out that is how law and order works.

The only fetish on display here is your fetish for trolling. Were you rejected by your mother as a child or something? As for police look idiot the police don't have teleportation devices, during a home invasion the police are not going to magically appear and save you.

Finally, someone honest enough to admit that pistols in the hands of the average owner are not accurate.

Only a fool believes the NRA gun fetishist myth that "guns are needed for self protection".

I disagree. Only a fool would believe he or she is any kind of match against a criminal with a gun when they themselves don't have one.

Only a fool exposes themselves to a criminal with a gun when there plenty of effective deterrents to prevent that from ever happening.

Yeah, we can stay in our moms basement day and night and keep the doors locked just like you.

Were victims in that school fools? What specifically could they have done to "effectively deter" the idiot shooter?

Were victims in that school fools? What specifically could they have done to "effectively deter" the idiot shooter?

As I recall the local sheriff is another gun fetishist who obstructed all reasonable measures to deter that kind of thing happening in his county.

I just don't get it. Someone help me out here. And if you quote the 2nd Amendment, please include the part with the word "Militia" in it too, which would probably be the first time in your life you would do so.

Congratulations. You have just won my "Frigging Dumbest Post of the Day" award. :clap2:

I do not have a shovel big enough to dig through the sheer amounts of stupid exhibited here. I don't even know where to start shoveling this manure.

Of cars are intended for transporting your kids to day care why do they use them for getaways in bank robberies? Can't answer that one either?

Where do some of you live. I realize I do not live in a huge city anymore, but crime is everywhere. If your neighborhood is so bad, then go to the city council and help get it cleaned up without more violence.
We are not back in the 1800's. If so all able bodied men would be in reserve militia , ready to battle Britain , France and Indians and civil wars, Mi didn't even exist back then.

Yes, the only reason that my city has crime is because my city council - who all live in this city, too - just don't care enough to bother, and all I have to do is petition them hard enough to perform the (unnamed) miracle that they OBVIOUSLY know and are just not doing so far that will end all crime.

Tell me, is the reason you don't live in a city any more because you've been sent to an insane asylum out in the country? Some sort of hospice for the terminally ignorant?

Except that is never the case and has never been the case either.

Not one single Gun Fetishist lifted a firearm to protect the rights of Padilla.

It hasn't been the case because there are millions of armed Americans with plenty of reprisals to give out. If we ban guns then we may end up like Russia where not we, but the state will be the final authority on all things. After all, what can the average Russian do except be conned into a communist agenda? That is the nightmare scenario our founding fathers fought so hard to escape from.

Your scare tactic lacks credibility. Has that happened in Australia or Japan or any of the other nations that have sane gun laws?

Those countries are also less populated and ethnically homogenous and as a result, they have a lesser tendency to commit violent crimes. Australia is fast changing these days however and it may be mired in violence as much as us.

Blaming diversity for rampant gun deaths in this nation is a cop out.

Guns are worshiped by a small segment of this society that have obstructed all sane measures to curb this violence.

Right now a citizen is in more danger from another citizen than the government and no amount of guns is going to make someone any safer. More guns are not the answer, they are the problem.

Great, so when your house is broken into by a thug that wants to rob and kill you. Will you just yell at him and hit him with a towel?

If that same dude enters my home he will receive two 38 special hollow point rounds in his center of mass.

I will survive, you----------------probably not. But you won't have any evil guns around you. Idiot.

Don't be silly. He/she's going to call the police, who OF COURSE are going to arrive quickly enough that no harm is done, and probably disarm the criminal through hugging him and handing him a teddy bear.

you totally do not understand. In a life or death situation with a mugger, rapist, robber, etc. you are going to be within 10 feet of the perp, you don't need much accuracy at that distance. Without the gun you are dead, raped, robbed, or all three, with the gun the perp is dead and you continue living.

this is not about target practice, its about survival.

Frankly, the repeated use of firearms to stop crimes without even being fired tells us that simply having a gun is often enough to deter them. Criminals are reckless, but they're not suicidal. They don't give a damn for the victim's life, but they most certainly do give a damn about their own.

I just don't get it. Someone help me out here. And if you quote the 2nd Amendment, please include the part with the word "Militia" in it too, which would probably be the first time in your life you would do so.

Who are you people? How could anyone raised in this country make such a bizarre argument?

What would have happened if some of the students on that Oregon campus had been armed and/or if there had been some armed security guards there when the nutcase began shooting? Humm? What happened at the Clackamas, Oregon, mall a couple years ago when a nutjob gunman opened fire in the mall when there happened to be a shopper who was armed? When the shopper pointed his gun at the gunman, the gunman stopped firing, ran off, and then shot himself. That armed shopper saved many lives. If he had not been there or had not been armed, there's no telling how many more people the gunman would have shot.

OBVIOUSLY, when we talk about guns being used for self-protection, we're talking about law-abiding citizens protecting themselves, not violent mentally disturbed people.

And as for the word "militia" in the 2nd Amendment, if you go read the Federalist Papers and other founders' writings, you will see that one reason the founders wanted the people to have the right to keep and bear arms was so they would be able to rise up and put the federal government in its place if the government ever started to become tyrannical. That's why the 2nd Amendment ends with "the right of THE PEOPLE [not the militia, the people] to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." It doesn't say "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." It says the right of the people to do so shall not be infringed.

According to the founders, it was the state militias that would enable the states to put down federal tyranny if it ever occurred. Therefore, the people's right to own firearms was not to be infringed, since the state militias would draw their personnel from the people of their state. This was not the only reason the people were to have the right to own guns, but it was the main one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back