If guns are needed for self-protection, then who was the Oregon mass killer protecting himself from?

How do you suggest we protect ourselves from PEOPLE LIKE HIM? OR someone who want's to chop our heads off?

I don't get what is so confusing about any of this.

I WANT THE PROTECTON I WANT IN MY HOME and that is my gun, not a box of can goods to throw at someone trying to invade my family. get whatever make you feel good.

The NRA Gun Fetishist myth that guns are for "self protection" is hogwash.

Guns haven't even "protected" cops from being shot.

c781b718-5899-4e4e-97fc-3e5c8ff705be.png

I just don't get it. Someone help me out here. And if you quote the 2nd Amendment, please include the part with the word "Militia" in it too, which would probably be the first time in your life you would do so.

Anybody can form a militia, be it one man militia or 100 man militia. The original idea of the second amendment is to defend oneself against governmental oppression, definitely. However, it has been the case where oppression from the government has not been much of a problem because we keep them appropriately in check. Most of the problems now come from criminals and people with issues who shouldn't have their hands on a gun. Further measures are needed to keep guns out of the wrong people and this can be easily done by eliminating loopholes and a national gun owner ID (or state with nationwide coordination).

View attachment 51358

no kidding. he needs to wail at these politicians who has made these SCHOOLS, move theaters ,etc SITTING DUCKS. if someone had been there with a concealed carry he might not have killed as many. as it was someone charged at him with nothing and got shot seven times.

How do you suggest we protect ourselves from PEOPLE LIKE HIM? OR someone who want's to chop our heads off?

I WANT THE PROTECTON I WANT IN MY HOME and that is my gun, not a box of can goods to throw at someone trying to invade my family. get whatever make you feel good.
Who wants to chop your head off? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who would like to get you to shut up, but which of them actually wants to chop off your head to achieve that goal?

View attachment 51358

no kidding. he needs to wail at these politicians who has made these SCHOOLS, move theaters ,etc SITTING DUCKS. if someone had been there with a concealed carry he might not have killed as many. as it was someone charged at him with nothing and got shot seven times.

Definitely. The gun free zones are open advertisement for criminals to commit crimes knowing they will be at a disadvantage should the criminal choose to bring a gun.That also needs to be changed as we move toward a policy of realism as opposed to a policy of false hope.

I don't KNOW why we have to go through this EVERY TIME. when they care about 3000 babies being aborted daily, then they can whine over GUN deaths
the guy could have just used a van filled with fertilizer. We've seen that a few times. so really.

Last edited:
The original idea of the second amendment is to defend oneself against governmental oppression

Except that is never the case and has never been the case either.

Not one single Gun Fetishist lifted a firearm to protect the rights of Padilla.

Who wants to chop your head off? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who would like to get you to shut up, but which of them actually wants to chop off your head to achieve that goal?

Would it make any difference at all if they did chop off her head?

It might even improve the babble she spouts. :D

And that would be "self protection" for the rest of us at USMB.

Disclaimer: The above is a joke for those too dullwitted to get it.

The original idea of the second amendment is to defend oneself against governmental oppression

It hasn't been the case because there are millions of armed Americans with plenty of reprisals to give out. If we ban guns then we may end up like Russia where not we, but the state will be the final authority on all things. After all, what can the average Russian do except be conned into a communist agenda? That is the nightmare scenario our founding fathers fought so hard to escape from.

It hasn't been the case because there are millions of armed Americans with plenty of reprisals to give out. If we ban guns then we may end up like Russia where not we, but the state will be the final authority on all things. After all, what can the average Russian do except be conned into a communist agenda? That is the nightmare scenario our founding fathers fought so hard to escape from.

THAT should scare us worse than some nutjob citizen with a gun. it's does me. I will not ever give up my Second Amendment right. that saying: they'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands

I don't KNOW why we have to go through this EVERY TIME. when they care about 3000 babies being aborted daily, then they can whine over GUN deaths
the guy could have just used a van filled with fertilizer. We've seen that a few times. so really.

movies aren't real...they're propaganda vehicles to influence and manipulate people's emotions.

I just don't get it. Someone help me out here. And if you quote the 2nd Amendment, please include the part with the word "Militia" in it too, which would probably be the first time in your life you would do so.

Anybody can form a militia, be it one man militia or 100 man militia. The original idea of the second amendment is to defend oneself against governmental oppression, definitely. However, it has been the case where oppression from the government has not been much of a problem because we keep them appropriately in check. Most of the problems now come from criminals and people with issues who shouldn't have their hands on a gun. Further measures are needed to keep guns out of the wrong people and this can be easily done by eliminating loopholes and a national gun owner ID (or state with nationwide coordination).

Wrong....a national gun owner ID.....tell me....how would that have stopped any mass shooter? All of them passed all the gun control laws in their states or simply stole their guns....the ID would not have stopped any of them.

Criminals.....they can't legally own guns in the first place...so how would requiring non criminals to get a national ID stop any gun crime...considering criminals get their guns in 2 primary ways...they steal them...thus avoiding a national ID....or they get someone with a clean record to get them their guns...thereby also avoiding a national ID

There are no loopholes....criminals cannot own or carry guns under existing law.

When a criminal commits a crime with a gun, they can be arrested right now, under existing law. There is no need for a license, national ID, registering guns or a universal background check to do this.

A felon caught in possession of a gun can already be arrested on the spot....under current laws. There is no need for a license, national ID, registering guns or a universal background check to do this.

The solution to gun crime is to catch and lock up gun criminals for a long time.

Forum List

Back