If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So He doesn't exist, doesn't care, is unaware, likes the savagery, or is just a really bad Player in the Universal God Game.

We should be travelling to other star systems by now. Except that religion keeps erasing our knowledge for the benefit of the ruler.

We have to start over every 1000 years or so.... Why?
That is an idiotic statement. The external locus of control is strong in this one.

You support the omnipotent benevolent God, do you not?

And being an engineer, you know the mass reboots we have undertaken as a species based on religious genocide and wiping out of prior knowledge, right?

And where we could possibly be at this point in terms of medicine and science, if those religious reboots never happened?

So where was your omnipotent and benevolent God, during the times of human crisis?

And if he just lets us do our own thing without intervention, and roots for those that believe in him, then that means he doesn't care.

Or he doesn't have the power to care.

Or maybe, He likes seeing the evil and destruction he can cause in his video game of our universe, before he has to go to dinner.

Or... maybe... he just doesn't exist? And we made Him up to explain stuff we haven't yet explained?

Why is the idea of "God" being real, important to you?

Im trying to think religiously. They would say we have free will or that everything happens for a reason or that we can't have all the answers or its gods will.

Fact is your questions debunk the God that supposedly visits cares and occasionally interveens. Unless you believe one of the thousands of religions and in that case pick any one of them they have all the answers.

That's my argument. What religions give us as "God", are simply ways to control us, and get powerful and rich. This omnipotent and benevolent being cannot exist based on the facts of history.

So maybe God is now a more watered down version, and has lost some of His abilities, and no longer has the power to intervene. This would be my hopeful version for religious zealots...

Otherwise, He's evil and watching, and munching on popcorn, to see what the heck we do next, and what other dramas we create, while He roots for the people that believe in Him to kill all the others...

Or He's completely unaware of our situation. He created us and has since then moved on to better things...

Or, He's playing a video game in such an advanced state of AI, that it can simulate all of us, along with the rest of universe. He's not good or bad in that scenario, it's just a simulation that He's playing, and we're part of it.

Or, of course, He very possibly doesn't

In any of these options, there are no reasons to love this "god" and believe that it is looking out for your welfare. There is no reason to believe false rulers who claim to talk to this "god", and hand down rules and restrictions and tax their followers. They grow rich and powerful based on the ignorance and naive nature of their followers. And there is especially no reason to kill another person based on the command of one of these false rulers!

But that's what religion has done for over 4000 years after the original Sumerian tales of Creation. They changed the stories to suit their objectives, and gain power and wealth. They used "believers" to kill their enemies and gain more power and wealth. Because only a person that believes that they are doing something that "God" commanded them to, would go and kill others knowing that it meant their own death. Esp in times before guns and long-range weapons. They kill and die for the glory they expect in the "afterlife" that their ruler told them would happen.

But that's obviously not true.

So again, I ask people who believe in these things... Why is the idea of "God" being real, important to you?

Isn't it good enough just to have something inside that makes you feel good? Faith in goodness? Faith in that doing good to others is better than doing bad to others? So why are "God" and the associated religions necessary?

Because, they're killin us...
Before I finish I had a thought.

Does a bison know about the maggot it created when it took a shit?

Or, if you create a computer are you aware of every little thing happening inside the computer? You don't want the computer to break down so you fix it. God won't fix our sun when it decides to burn out.

Sorry, I'll keep reading your post now
Technically the bison didn't create the maggot when it took a shit. The maggot exists therefore it is. That's philosophy 101.

If you create a computer are you aware of every little thing happening inside the computer? No, but you know how it works and what it is will do.

You don't fix something that is not broke. That's philosophy 102.

The sun is supposed to burn out. That's how other elements beside hydrogen and helium are formed.

Trump's election is proof that God exists.

your christian gods .... not the Almighty.

God's a registered Republican.
God doesn't exist. Maybe that's why Hillary actually won the popular vote.
Technically she didn't. You don't understand how a represented government works.

Deist: The belief that God has created the universe but remains apart from it and permits his creation to administer itself through natural laws. Deism thus rejects the supernatural aspects of religion, such as belief in revelation in the Bible, and stresses the importance of ethical conduct.
Not exactly. There's a spectrum just like everything else.

Because you are a buyer. You don't sound like an engineer.

I'm not telling you who I work for
I didn't ask who you work for. I asked what kind of CMM's you sold. Are you telling me that you can't tell what your CMM's are measuring without telling me who you work for?

I spec out and purchase equipment all the time. Our purchasing department won't purchase shit unless I tell them what to buy. I write SoR''s and get price quotes. You do realize that engineering is the COMMERCIAL application of science, right?

So when you say you sell CMM's what exactly does that mean? Do you call on customers? Do you prepare price quotes? Do you work with them on SoR's? What exactly do you do?
I do all that. I'm the only salesperson at my company who goes after new business. The other salespeople sell to anyone who calls in or they sell new cmm's to existing customers.

And we measure anything that has to be right within mm or microns. Turbines, pharmaceutical, manufacturing. We don't sell cnc"'s we sell cmm's. One of our competitors is Zeiss.
So your equipment is not installed in CNC applications at all? Just used for QA/QC?
Yes. A cmm is a machine itself. Could be huge could be the size of a copier. Boeing has to measure turbine blades to make sure their planes are built right
Do you prepare SoR's?
Not that I know of. What's that stand for? Quotes?

Technically she didn't. You don't understand how a represented government works.
Technically you don't know what the popular vote is

Deist: The belief that God has created the universe but remains apart from it and permits his creation to administer itself through natural laws. Deism thus rejects the supernatural aspects of religion, such as belief in revelation in the Bible, and stresses the importance of ethical conduct.
Yes, cherry picking what you accept or like from christianity. I've seen hints of Christianity in boss although he tries to argue from a deist standpoint or maybe you wouldn't call him a deist because he claims it does care and he's talked to it. You like Christianity because you think it's a good lie. Don't try to pretend for thousands of years they preached the bible as facts and written by God and even to this day many believe that.

You must think people would be worse without religion. Not so. We still want no crime just like you. And we agree fucking someone's wife is not cool. And listen and respect your parents and don't kill. He knows if you've been sleeping he knows if you are awake he knows if you've been bad

I didn't ask who you work for. I asked what kind of CMM's you sold. Are you telling me that you can't tell what your CMM's are measuring without telling me who you work for?

I spec out and purchase equipment all the time. Our purchasing department won't purchase shit unless I tell them what to buy. I write SoR''s and get price quotes. You do realize that engineering is the COMMERCIAL application of science, right?

So when you say you sell CMM's what exactly does that mean? Do you call on customers? Do you prepare price quotes? Do you work with them on SoR's? What exactly do you do?
I do all that. I'm the only salesperson at my company who goes after new business. The other salespeople sell to anyone who calls in or they sell new cmm's to existing customers.

And we measure anything that has to be right within mm or microns. Turbines, pharmaceutical, manufacturing. We don't sell cnc"'s we sell cmm's. One of our competitors is Zeiss.
So your equipment is not installed in CNC applications at all? Just used for QA/QC?
Yes. A cmm is a machine itself. Could be huge could be the size of a copier. Boeing has to measure turbine blades to make sure their planes are built right
Do you prepare SoR's?
Not that I know of. What's that stand for? Quotes?
You sell highly specialized precision equipment and you don't know that SoR stands for statement of requirements?

I know that the entire population of the country was represented in this election and that no state was allowed to represent more than its population.

Yes, cherry picking what you accept or like from christianity. I've seen hints of Christianity in boss although he tries to argue from a deist standpoint or maybe you wouldn't call him a deist because he claims it does care and he's talked to it. You like Christianity because you think it's a good lie. Don't try to pretend for thousands of years they preached the bible as facts and written by God and even to this day many believe that.

You must think people would be worse without religion. Not so. We still want no crime just like you. And we agree fucking someone's wife is not cool. And listen and respect your parents and don't kill. He knows if you've been sleeping he knows if you are awake he knows if you've been bad
I know people would be worse without religion and I couldn't care less if you get religion. You think you have me and religion all figured out. I know better. Go and lead your life anyway you want. Follow any moral code you want. Your outcomes will be the judge.

"I know people would be worse without religion"

is religion the same as the economy in a secular society ...

I know that the entire population of the country was represented in this election and that no state was allowed to represent more than its population.

is that why all 29 electoral votes for Florida went to Trump ....

* I do not believe you, your claim you woke up differently, you just woke up more so than you already were and claimed something new that never happened much the same as your rendition of historical christianity - delusional both before and after.

* I do not believe you, your claim you woke up differently, you just woke up more so than you already were and claimed something new that never happened much the same as your rendition of historical christianity - delusional both before and after.

Was it 29? If so, yes, that is exactly why. He won that state. And the 29 votes reflects the population of that state. That's how that shit works, Ivan.

"I know people would be worse without religion"

is religion the same as the economy in a secular society ...

That sounds like the argument that a subversive leftist would make. Are you a subversive leftist?
That sounds like the argument that a subversive leftist would make. Are you a subversive leftist?

you fell for that one.

I don't believe I did, Ivan.

Was it 29? If so, yes, that is exactly why. He won that state. And the 29 votes reflects the population of that state. That's how that shit works, Ivan.

bing, you are a joke both by religion and politics - secularism has arrived for the betterment of both religion and politics inspite of your kind.

It's just all too silly to take serious but far too many adults take this shit literally.
Have you ever thought that it was all deliberately written that way to divert the enemies of the authors, both the godless and the irrational who either dismiss the stories as ridiculous or take it literally and go insane. Either way the hidden teaching remains hidden in plain sight buried, protected and perpetuated by the enemies of the people who wrote the book who still do not think very deeply to this day..

So he drove the man out and to the east of eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming and flashing sword that turns in every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life."

Damn smart them ancient goat herders if you ask me.

It's just all too silly to take serious but far too many adults take this shit literally.
Have you ever thought that it was all deliberately written that way to divert the enemies of the authors, both the godless and the irrational who either dismiss the stories as ridiculous or take it literally and go insane. Either way the hidden teaching remains hidden in plain sight buried, protected and perpetuated by the enemies of the people who wrote the book who still do not think very deeply to this day..

So he drove the man out and to the east of eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming and flashing sword that turns in every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life."

Damn smart them ancient goat herders if you ask me.
Like Martin Luther who would beat himself bloody with reeds and punished himself by laying in the snow naked? He felt the suffering brought him closer to the Lord.

He was sure he was living in the end of times just like people today believe we are living in the end of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back