If faith is a gift

Do you ever eat food that is processed by other people and believe it is safe because the government tells you it is? That is a perfect example of blind faith. Believing in God after you discover that He actually is real is simple faith, and a lot easier to build a logical argument around.

Sure I eat food that other people process. I don't have blind faith in the government. I have actually seen the way that food is made, and I can see for myself what goes into it. I don't need to blindly believe something that I can actually see. Your analogy is bunk.

You have seen food being made and you don't think you have blind faith believing the government says it is safe?

That doesn't even make sense. I buy food that I know is safe. That can be proven safe. That I have never gotten sick from eating. Faith is believing in something that can't be proven.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything -- you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

You must have been eating your shitties today. It's not tyranny when someone tells you not to read or see something. It's tyranny when someone uses force, or the threat of force, to prevent you from reading or seeing something. A church doesn't have that power, but the government does.

Also, tyranny isn't just trying to keep people away from information, it's also imposing information/disinformation onto people. When the government attempts to change the public's views on something, that's tyranny. Or, when the government attempts to teach people's children something that the parents disagree with, that's tyranny. Churches don't have this power.

Also, every slave thinks his mind is free.

Sure I eat food that other people process. I don't have blind faith in the government. I have actually seen the way that food is made, and I can see for myself what goes into it. I don't need to blindly believe something that I can actually see. Your analogy is bunk.

You have seen food being made and you don't think you have blind faith believing the government says it is safe?

That doesn't even make sense. I buy food that I know is safe. That can be proven safe. That I have never gotten sick from eating. Faith is believing in something that can't be proven.

You know it is safe? How do you know it is safe? Do you have a private testing lab that checks everything before you buy it? Or do you just have blind faith in the government?

By the way, every time you get a 24 hour bug it is because you got sick from something you ate. Every time you had diarrhea you got sick from something you ate. Most of the colds and flu you have had during the time you have been alive came from something you ate. There is not a person that is old enough to talk that has not caught something from the food that you think is perfectly safe.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything -- you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

You must have been eating your shitties today. It's not tyranny when someone tells you not to read or see something. It's tyranny when someone uses force, or the threat of force, to prevent you from reading or seeing something. A church doesn't have that power, but the government does.

Also, tyranny isn't just trying to keep people away from information, it's also imposing information/disinformation onto people. When the government attempts to change the public's views on something, that's tyranny. Or, when the government attempts to teach people's children something that the parents disagree with, that's tyranny. Churches don't have this power.

Also, every slave thinks his mind is free.

You must have your head up your ass. If churches do not have this power how do you explain Jim Jones, Charles Manson, David Koresh, and all the other cults that have controlled people through denial?

Forum List

Back