If faith is a gift

Me too. We do have a lot in common dear BDBoop.

Faith. That is all.

You have a gay sister who is right handed and you are left handed.
I have a gay brother who is left handed and I am right handed.
We were both abused as children.

I love my sister, and want all life's best for her.

You think your brother is some kind of a pervert, who doesn't deserve to be on a level legal footing with you.

That cancels out anything we might have in common.

Faith. That is all.

You think your brother is some kind of a pervert, who doesn't deserve to be on a level legal footing with you.

Dear BDBoop. Opposition to the gay agenda is not hateful. It is my reasoned opinion. There are many homosexuals who are also opposed to the gay agenda.

Last edited:

Dear BDBoop. Opposition to the gay agenda is not hateful. It is my reasoned opinion. There are many homosexuals who are also opposed to the gay agenda.

Here's the thing. I don't know you. What I do know, I don't like. It doesn't matter how many times you preface my user name with 'dear', it just feels like you're trying too hard.

Shoo.

What makes you think anyone was not given faith?

I was not given faith.
I have no hero worship of any kind.
I have no favorite actor, politician or anything like that.

The only faith I have in anyone is after they have proven themselves deserving of it thru their actions.
There are a handful of people I trust with anything I have including my life.
And they know it is reciprocal from me.

But to have faith in anyone just becuase others tell me to?
No way.

What makes you think anyone was not given faith?

I was not given faith.
I have no hero worship of any kind.
I have no favorite actor, politician or anything like that.

The only faith I have in anyone is after they have proven themselves deserving of it thru their actions.
There are a handful of people I trust with anything I have including my life.
And they know it is reciprocal from me.

But to have faith in anyone just becuase others tell me to?
No way.

Exactly, and thank you. I knew there had to be somebody on the board who could address this from the other side.

I don't get it. Why even bother bringing it up if we all allegedly have it, - yet some very obviously don't.

My housemate cannot make that leap. Her mother works for the Methodist Church, and you'd think she would be so blessed, but no. She felt like odd duck out of water because faith is not logical, and she is very logical. It didn't make any sense to her. Period.

Doesn't look to me like she got the gift.

Very observant. YOu have a gift of understanding others.
Most cannot understand this difference in a minority of people.
Some of us do not have a need to worship others/something.

We do not have that "god shaped hole" in our minds.
It is already filled with something.

By asking for it. And hearing the Word.

She did both. Like I said; she was raised in church.

As was I for the first 16 years of my life.
I actually envy those real christians who have the faith. It can be very comforting I am sure. And real christians are fine folks.

Those who just use religion for thier own purposes are however bottom sucking slimes.
And if there is any truth in hell and such they will be there.
And I will be right there laughing at them :D

To profess to have faith when you do not is worse to me than to not have faith.
I have to be honest to myself.

By asking for it. And hearing the Word.

I actually envy those real christians who have the faith. It can be very comforting I am sure. And real christians are fine folks.

Those who just use religion for thier own purposes are however bottom sucking slimes.

I've had a friend for ... lord. Ever. She was my friend for a long time, she and her husband signed my marriage license going on 18 years ago, and we're still friends, lol! Anyway. She's amazing, just totally open and accepting. She's been through hell, and she's still this - I don't even have words. She's who I think of when I think of what is possible for people of faith.

She exemplifies unconditional love and support.

She is the standard by which I measure all others.

I've had a friend for ... lord. Ever. She was my friend for a long time, she and her husband signed my marriage license going on 18 years ago, and we're still friends, lol! Anyway. She's amazing, just totally open and accepting. She's been through hell, and she's still this - I don't even have words. She's who I think of when I think of what is possible for people of faith.

She exemplifies unconditional love and support.

She is the standard by which I measure all others.

Treasure that level of friendship, it is one of the most valuable things you will encounter in life.

I have always had a great circle of friends. Which amazed coworkers and casual friends/aquantinaces.
Many call those friends who cannot even be trusted around their spouse or with a key to their home.
I can literally trust my real friends with anything.

I don't get it. Why even bother bringing it up if we all allegedly have it, - yet some very obviously don't.

My housemate cannot make that leap. Her mother works for the Methodist Church, and you'd think she would be so blessed, but no. She felt like odd duck out of water because faith is not logical, and she is very logical. It didn't make any sense to her. Period.

I am just going to skim over this real quick because it would take a long time to go back and forth through all the arguments. There are two schools main of thought on this, and a lot of different interpolations of those schools. The first school is those who believe everyone is given a small gift of faith, and the other school believes that only certain people get faith, and the rest do not. Either way, it is still the responsibility of each individual to respond to that faith.

There are actually some very good logical arguments for faith, most people don't know them because the prefer to approach God emotionally rather than rationally. Some people even teach that the only way to get to God is by turning off the intellectual part of your being because it just gets in the way. They do God a great disservice when they do that. He created us, He can handle us asking tough questions.

One of my mottoes would be "He's God. I'm pretty sure he already knows I'm pissed. May as well be honest about it."

And thank you, for taking the time to discuss it with me instead of - well, you saw what else happened in this thread.

I agree, He probably does know how you feel.

I am always willing to discuss faith with anyone who is sincere.

No, she refused it. Which is her choice and her right and her responsibility.

Faith is a gift if you receive it. Just like any other gift. Think of it this way...it is like an item you ordered but in a warehouse waiting for you to pick it up. If you don't do so it stays there laid up waiting for you to get it. If you never pick it up it never gets used and it is a spiritual tool you do not have in your tool box to use regularly for most any job. Might as well pick up faiths power twin while there too named patience. Maybe I apply things too practically but that is how I have learned spiritual things

No, she didn't. Six year olds can't refuse the gift.

And if there is a God, I'm pretty sure he won't hold it against her.

No, she didn't. Six year olds can't refuse the gift.

And if there is a God, I'm pretty sure he won't hold it against her.

You are the one who wrote she didn't accept it because it didn't make sense to her. Or was that just another of your incoherent lies?

Forum List

Back