If Current Trends Continue, Trump Wins It ALL

Freedom of Speech is a RIGHT but in the context of Mr. Trump letter it says the same as , hey , Univision is trying to shut me up so they canceled a contract without cause !! Very understandable and your spin is pretty lame Pogo !!

and yeah , Univision tries to Stop Mr. Trumps freedom of speech , they want to shut up his 1st amendment RIGHTS in the USA . And Mr. Trump has that RIGHT in the USA . Anyway , Hey , the suit is in motion , lets see what happens Pogo .

Let's go back to basics here.

In the phrase "Congress shall make no law..." ...... what is the first word?

Is it "Univisión"?

Maybe it's me. Maybe "Congress" was how they wrote the word "Univisión" in the 18th century.
That must be it.

not going to argue with you about a phrase that simply means that Univision canceled a legally binding contract because Univision didn't like Mr. Trump use of his RIGHT to speak freely . Anyway , 500, million , should be enough money to fund Mr. Trumps Presidential campaign Pogo

and then , hey , 'nbc' still waiting in the wings to be sued for also breaking a legally binding contract . Sounds good to me Pogo !!

not going to argue with you about a phrase that simply means that Univision canceled a legally binding contract because Univision didn't like Mr. Trump use of his RIGHT to speak freely . Anyway , 500, million , should be enough money to fund Mr. Trumps Presidential campaign Pogo

And Univisión is free to do so. Because Univisión is not "Congress".
Which takes us right back to the Morals Clause.

--- which is by the way the same device that allowed NBC to take Brian Williams off the air.

Here's the actual contract language (emphasis added):

‘“If artist commits any act or becomes involved in any situation, or occurrence, which brings artist into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or which justifiably shocks, insults or offends a significant portion of the community, or if publicity is given to any such conduct . . . company shall have the right to terminate.”’

--- Mediaite has confirmed that this clause is in current NBC contracts and that all on-air talent have a “public morals” clause.

I believe the legal term for how this would be handled by Univisión or NBC is "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy".

Last edited:
well , the lawyers and judges will figure that out I guess but you can't break a contract simply because a person legally speaks his mind Pogo . Can't break a legal contract just because Mr. Trump speaks free , speaks his mind . Hey , I'm no lawyer , lets see what happens Pogo .

well , the lawyers and judges will figure that out I guess but you can't break a contract simply because a person legally speaks his mind Pogo . Can't break a legal contract just because Mr. Trump speaks free , speaks his mind . Hey , I'm no lawyer , lets see what happens Pogo .

You absolutely can if your contract has a morality clause. That's the whole reason it's there -- to protect the employer. That's exactly what "company shall have the right to terminate" spells out.

Come on guys

Trump is running for publicity! He is not even serious about running.

Trump pulled this trick on the GOP last time. How dare you fall for the same trick twice?

and , the bonehead from 'uni vision' also did some defamation on Mr. Trumps character on 'facebook' , 'twitter' or some silly place like that . Yep , bonehead posted a pic of 'dylan roof' the church murderer and posted it next to a picture of Mr. Trump with some words or a comparison of the 2 . Just heard , it was something like that , you or someone else may have some more details Pogo .

we have already talked about the morality clause , I see nothing immoral about what the good Mr. Trump is saying about SOME of the illegal aliens that are murderers and rapists Pogo . Seems to me that keeping the truth to himself would be immoral but here the good Trump is just spreading the truth , nothing immoral about speaking truth about reality . Also , I'm sure that Mr. Trump can prove his stated words by using easily obtained stats from jail and criminal tracking sources to Prove his words about SOME illegal aliens Pogo .

and hey AChaos , difference Might be that this time Mr, Trump has actually filed legal papers with official election authorities , from what I hear , don't know for sure .

we have already talked about the morality clause , I see nothing immoral about what the good Mr. Trump is saying about SOME of the illegal aliens that are murderers and rapists Pogo . Seems to me that keeping the truth to himself would be immoral but here the good Trump is just spreading the truth , nothing immoral about speaking truth about reality . Also , I'm sure that Mr. Trump can prove his stated words by using easily obtained stats from jail and criminal tracking sources to Prove his words about SOME illegal aliens Pogo .

"Morality clause" doesn't mean the artist exhibited good or bad morality. It means, as the language says, if he gets involved with something offensive or controversial -- even if through no fault of his own -- then the employer has the right to terminate. The use of that clause is standard and goes back nearly a hundred years. Sports franchises use it too.

And he didn't say "some are rapists" .... he said "they're rapists". Meaning Mexicans.

OH--by the way

Breaking the business contract is not the same as suppressing free speech. NBC and Univision are talking about shows they were going to broadcast, not advertisements or speeches Trump may give.

In other words, they did not ban Trump, but disassociated from him. Big difference.

In any case, Trump damaged his name with his speech.

Trump is doing good Gentlemen , judges and lawyers are up next , probably a long running legal contest keeping Mr. Trump in the news through the election , hopefully

OH--by the way

Breaking the business contract is not the same as suppressing free speech. NBC and Univision are talking about shows they were going to broadcast, not advertisements or speeches Trump may give.

In other words, they did not ban Trump, but disassociated from him. Big difference.

Very good point. Neither Donald T. Rump, nor anybody else, has the "right" to have a TV show. It speaks volumes about the asshole's egomania that he acts as if he does.

Donald the Chump is going to bring about the demise of the GOP.

The Tea Party started it, and now, it's going to be the fringe that brings it down.

I'm guessing the GOP is going to go the way of the Whigs.

They've already fractured.

If we could transmorgify Democrats fear of Trump into energy we could have free electricity for all! Though at some terrible price in pollution.....

Fear? Jesus, Mary and Joseph! When did blind stupidity become mandatory? They are praying it is Trump. If we nominate Trump they will be dancing in the street.

sure they will be dancing , same dancing and praying going on if Ted Cruz is nominated ehh Pratchet . Heck , I'll never vote 'rino' except for Ted or Mr. Trump . And even then , well , I'm taking my chances . So , let them dance !!

Forum List

Back