If climate change isn't happening ok...

So what, pollute and emit more carbon and greenhouse gasses because that's fine?

Climate change says we shouldn't be doing that and here's why. People who say climate change isn't happening, or manmade seem to be saying we should emit more not less.

Or am I missing something?
No, you didn't miss anything. People who watch FOX News all the time will believe whatever they're told.
…and you know that how? Are you one of them?
I like how you and the other FOX News fans pretend to understand the science of global climate change.

So what, pollute and emit more carbon and greenhouse gasses because that's fine?

Climate change says we shouldn't be doing that and here's why. People who say climate change isn't happening, or manmade seem to be saying we should emit more not less.

No, you didn't miss anything. People who watch FOX News all the time will believe whatever they're told.
I like how you and the other FOX News fans pretend to understand the science of global climate change.
..and please answer me honestly, why do you assume that I have cable or satellite service?

its the Randians who believe everything was put her for their immediate personal pleasure and no one else.

..and please answer me honestly, why do you assume that I have cable or satellite service?
That assumption is based on the level of flourish and bullshit in your posts.

Hmmmm… your assumption is incorrect… see, that's what happens when you assume shit. :slap:

How we gonna stop the earth and volcanoes from spewing it out..
If you try to point out how many millions of tons of "toxic" (to humans but not to Earth herself) gases and solid particles are spewed into the atmosphere with only one large volcanic eruption they immediately will tell you "that's different" sulphur, methane and solid particles from fossil fuels and not harmful etc… All in all we couldn't produce that much pollution in a few hundred years than a volcanic eruption does. I am all for reducing pollution while we are reasonable about it but do not buy into the hysteria they try to create.
Mr. Defcon, you are extremely ignorant if you think that volcanoes are currently putting out anywhere near the pollutants that mankind is. It is not volcanoes that are making the air in the cities in China toxic to breathe. It was not volcanoes that made the air in American cities a brown haze of toxic chemicals before we adapted the clean air regulations. And it is not volcanoes that have increased the GHG load in the atmosphere by over 40%. People like you that flap yap without the slightest research are a demonstration of the ignorance of the far right.
Dear Mr. Old Rocks,
Thank you very much for your opinion and for being civil in your communication. Believe me, it is a breath of fresh air in a toxic environment the demagogues, provocateurs and community organizers create instead of an adult exchange of ideas in a civil manner.
I do have to note my protest to your error labeling one to be on the far right just for being observant and having a different opinion from yours.
I do not know how accurate your GHG calculator is therefore I have to rely on my assumption that a data input by estimated values can be errant therefore, the calculated results consequently be errant. I also have to note that a nobody (as far as I have knowledge about) was capping an erupting volcano to achieve controlled eruption through a measuring channel with instrumentation to determine how many millions of tons toxic gases and solid particles are discharged into the atmosphere. I am well aware of the assumption on your part, since you labeled me as "far right," that I am for breathing dirty air, drinking dirty water and depleting the ozone layer for the sole purpose of destroying mankind. I bear witness that your assumptions are incorrect in that regard, although you might consider my witnessing as "flap yep."
The USGS has very good estimations of the amount of SO2, CO2, and other gases emitted by volcanoes. You can go to their site and see for yourself. That you post nonsense without first doing so is an indication of intellectual laziness.

If you try to point out how many millions of tons of "toxic" (to humans but not to Earth herself) gases and solid particles are spewed into the atmosphere with only one large volcanic eruption they immediately will tell you "that's different" sulphur, methane and solid particles from fossil fuels and not harmful etc… All in all we couldn't produce that much pollution in a few hundred years than a volcanic eruption does. I am all for reducing pollution while we are reasonable about it but do not buy into the hysteria they try to create.
Mr. Defcon, you are extremely ignorant if you think that volcanoes are currently putting out anywhere near the pollutants that mankind is. It is not volcanoes that are making the air in the cities in China toxic to breathe. It was not volcanoes that made the air in American cities a brown haze of toxic chemicals before we adapted the clean air regulations. And it is not volcanoes that have increased the GHG load in the atmosphere by over 40%. People like you that flap yap without the slightest research are a demonstration of the ignorance of the far right.
Dear Mr. Old Rocks,
Thank you very much for your opinion and for being civil in your communication. Believe me, it is a breath of fresh air in a toxic environment the demagogues, provocateurs and community organizers create instead of an adult exchange of ideas in a civil manner.
I do have to note my protest to your error labeling one to be on the far right just for being observant and having a different opinion from yours.
I do not know how accurate your GHG calculator is therefore I have to rely on my assumption that a data input by estimated values can be errant therefore, the calculated results consequently be errant. I also have to note that a nobody (as far as I have knowledge about) was capping an erupting volcano to achieve controlled eruption through a measuring channel with instrumentation to determine how many millions of tons toxic gases and solid particles are discharged into the atmosphere. I am well aware of the assumption on your part, since you labeled me as "far right," that I am for breathing dirty air, drinking dirty water and depleting the ozone layer for the sole purpose of destroying mankind. I bear witness that your assumptions are incorrect in that regard, although you might consider my witnessing as "flap yep."
The USGS has very good estimations of the amount of SO2, CO2, and other gases emitted by volcanoes. You can go to their site and see for yourself. That you post nonsense without first doing so is an indication of intellectual laziness.
The key word is estimating… the estimates. It is different when a standard is established empirically then estimations are made based that standard. But estimating the estimates is only a gimmick used for pushing a political agenda.

Dear Mr. Old Rocks,
The key word is estimating… the estimates. It is different when a standard is established empirically then estimations are made based that standard. But estimating the estimates is only a gimmick used for pushing a political agenda.
Comic rationalizations.

Dear Mr. Old Rocks,
Comic rationalizations.
It is funny you say that. I am not the one who rationalizes the estimation of the estimated estimates.

If you're going to mandate massive, costly changes to everyday life, complete with massive new power granted to government, you have to have a good reason. I have yet to see a solid answer to the question, "If the first world did everything that you propose, all Americans ride bicycles to work, electricity is only available for 3 hours a day, etc, how much difference will we make to the climate?" The answer, of course, is none, because the third world will easily eclipse any reduction in the first's fossil fuel consumption. The better question, then, is what should we do to prepare for inevitable warming, if we are that certain it's coming? I see a whole heck of a lot more recriminations and finger pointing than I do solid proposals for dealing with what we are assured is going to happen, any day now.

If you're going to mandate massive, costly changes to everyday life, complete with massive new power granted to government, you have to have a good reason. I have yet to see a solid answer to the question, "If the first world did everything that you propose, all Americans ride bicycles to work, electricity is only available for 3 hours a day, etc, how much difference will we make to the climate?" The answer, of course, is none, because the third world will easily eclipse any reduction in the first's fossil fuel consumption. The better question, then, is what should we do to prepare for inevitable warming, if we are that certain it's coming? I see a whole heck of a lot more recriminations and finger pointing than I do solid proposals for dealing with what we are assured is going to happen, any day now.
Control minded people have no interest in that.

Dear Mr. Old Rocks,
ss-100423-cagle-toons-06.ss_full.jpg

Which produces more CO2 volcanic or human activity

Gas studies at volcanoes worldwide have helped volcanologists tally up a global volcanic CO2 budget in the same way that nations around the globe have cooperated to determine how much CO2 is released by human activity through the burning of fossil fuels. Our studies show that globally, volcanoes on land and under the sea release a total of about 200 million tonnes of CO2 annually.

This seems like a huge amount of CO2, but a visit to the U.S. Department of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website (Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center CDIAC ) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value.

Volcanoes are still awesome, even though they don't produce CO2 at a rate that swamps the human signature, contributing to global warming. In fact, spectacular eruptions like that of Mount Pinatubo are demonstrated to contribute to global cooling through the injection of solar energy reflecting ash and other small particles.

So, not only is your little cartoon silly, it reflects total ignorance of reality. So you have demonstrated that you are incapable of real research. I guess you can be extremely proud of that.

The real issues of actual pollution, environment degredation, scarcity of resources, etc can't be addressed because the AGW farce sucks all the air out of the room and all of the treasure out of the coffers....what might have been done with the hundreds of billions that have already been flushed down the AGW toilet...and what might still be done with the hundreds of billions that are yet to be wasted on that junk science before the divergence from reality gets so far that even the true wackos can't deny the failure of the hypothesis?

Gas studies at volcanoes worldwide have helped volcanologists tally up a global volcanic CO2 budget in the same way that nations around the globe have cooperated to determine how much CO2 is released by human activity through the burning of fossil fuels. Our studies show that globally, volcanoes on land and under the sea release a total of about 200 million tonnes of CO2 annually.

This seems like a huge amount of CO2, but a visit to the U.S. Department of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website (Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center CDIAC ) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value.

Volcanoes are still awesome, even though they don't produce CO2 at a rate that swamps the human signature, contributing to global warming. In fact, spectacular eruptions like that of Mount Pinatubo are demonstrated to contribute to global cooling through the injection of solar energy reflecting ash and other small particles.

So, not only is your little cartoon silly, it reflects total ignorance of reality. So you have demonstrated that you are incapable of real research. I guess you can be extremely proud of that.
"Gas studies at volcanoes worldwide have helped volcanologists tally up a global volcanic CO2 budget…"
Therein lays the truth. They key is "tally up a global volcanic CO2 budget." The numbers are still estimates. Human activity estimates are estimates. Did CDIC go to China to measure emissions. I say not because the Chinese would kick them in the nuts if they tried.
"In fact, spectacular eruptions like that of Mount Pinatubo are demonstrated to contribute to global cooling through the injection of solar energy reflecting ash and other small particles."
How long those ash particles are floating around in the atmosphere? Supposedly ash suspended in water causes the chemical reaction of alkali formation which is caustic. But the important part is that is that enough for GLOBAL cooling lasting for years or decades? Is that offsetting the phenomenon of global warming?
How do you calculate the fart damage? Do you calculate flatulence? Do they have bags installed on study groups' asses measuring how many grams one fart is or do they gather the bags at the end of the day? How do they secure the closure on the flatus bag that it would have a hermetic seal? Is there an accepted multiplier for increased fart production when people eat beans? These are legitimate question in the process of scientific approach. There are many unanswered questions and when the thesis is put fore there is need for positive proof then the thesis is accepted as fact.
You have proved nothing.
The "scientific" proof you cited is based on estimating the estimates.
I am not denying the fact of climate change per se. Let's just agree on climate change being cyclical as history proves it.

Actually, we are learning that the estimates of CO2 released by undersea volcanoes has been WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY underestimated.

The real issues of actual pollution, environment degredation, scarcity of resources, etc can't be addressed because the AGW farce sucks all the air out of the room and all of the treasure out of the coffers....what might have been done with the hundreds of billions that have already been flushed down the AGW toilet...and what might still be done with the hundreds of billions that are yet to be wasted on that junk science before the divergence from reality gets so far that even the true wackos can't deny the failure of the hypothesis?
Some estimates>>>>haha.. estimates put Earth's (over)population to 9x more than it would be desirable for sustainability>>> Lot of farts…. 'talking about the abundance of toxic gas emission!

Hmm, are you saying Fox News lies? I'm still unclear as to why you keep referring to FOXNews what do they do that is illegal?

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Old Rocks,
Comic rationalizations.
Which we get on a daily basis in this forum from you all

Forum List

Back