If Booooosh had joked about using the IRS as an attack dog...

Feb 28, 2009
Would we have never heard the end of it? A POTUS making a joke, pretending to threaten anyone with a IRS audit?

Well, it happened and it's all okay, because it was The Obama making the joke. He said, Wednesday at his commencement speech at Arizona State University:

"I learned to never again pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA bracket," he said, referring to the school's basketball team. "It won't happen again. President Crow and the board of regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS."

Now, this is wrong on so many levels. The President making such a joke, alluding to the power he has to mess people up, really is unseemly.

Had Boooosh done the same thing, there would have been howls for immediate impeachment. Congressional investigations, late-night incessant jokes, you name it.

But look at this another way -- what if it turns out that ASU President winds up in the dragnet of random IRS audits now? Completely unrelated to the joke you understand, but still getting audited all the same! This gaffe by Obama actually would put him in a bad position were this to happen.

Also, c'mon now Mr. President -- you nominated at least six tax cheats/incompetent tax filers to cabinet positions in your administration! Were you going to order targeted audits, shouldn't you start with those tax-challenged folks first?

You're not some undergrad anymore Mr. President, trying to fit in and be the cool kid, trying not to be a "sellout" as you described in your book.... You really gotta watch what the fuck you say out there now.

A truly idiotic joke that really has no good defense or even a good excuse. We don't even joke about such abuse of power.

every little nasty thing he says will be attributed to being a "joke" by the left.

but he's not joking.. he means it..

Its obviously not his first idiotic response/reply and will not be his last.
Just like his on the 73rd day Ill rest comment ....
Unbelievable

• Banned
every little nasty thing he says will be attributed to being a "joke" by the left.

I don't go so far as to think he actually would use the IRS against anyone for personal reasons. I am pretty sure however he will use it to go after large groups.

I don't go so far as to think he actually would use the IRS against anyone for personal reasons. I am pretty sure however he will use it to go after large groups.

Both his and GW's administration have used the threat of audits against the banks and their boards. What was done regarding GM president and Chrysler bankruptcy were just such abuses. He was not joking.

• Banned
Both his and GW's administration have used the threat of audits against the banks and their boards
I'd like to see any evidence that Bush's Treasury Dept threatened anyone with an audit.

And c'mon now, Obama WAS joking. He would never go after a University President and its board of regents over a flubbed basketball playoff bracket. He and his team are simply too stupid and insensitive to realize that these type of jokes are inappropriate.

• Banned

that's supposedly sop,, in attacking your opponents!
Well, the unfortunate timing of this joke -- shortly after he and TurboTax Tim announced a big IRS "crackdown on tax cheats" does make the joke even more unseemly.

People tend to say what is in their hearts. The IRS is the first line of harrassment for many if you piss them off or get in their way. Thankfully many IRS agents are well aware of this ploy another will use to attempt to harrass another.

that's supposedly sop,, in attacking your opponents!
Well, the unfortunate timing of this joke -- shortly after he and TurboTax Tim announced a big IRS "crackdown on tax cheats" does make the joke even more unseemly.

:lol: he just authorized the hiring of 800 additional employees for the IRS and they won't be auditing Democwats!

Sheesh. A joke, even. About a basketball loss. You fellows are really stretching. But, then, you have to. For every time President Barak Hussein Obama speaks, and demonstrates a good sense of humor, he reminds us of someone else that could neither speak well, or had a reasonable sense of humor.

And, yes, that is a partisan statement:lol:

Sheesh. A joke, even. About a basketball loss. You fellows are really stretching. But, then, you have to. For every time President Barak Hussein Obama speaks, and demonstrates a good sense of humor, he reminds us of someone else that could neither speak well, or had a reasonable sense of humor.

Thank you once again for lowering the average IQ of the posters in a thread by at least 50 points.

While you're flailing around, trying to defend this idiot of a POTUS we have, whose verbal slips and gaffes are piling up at a rate much greater than his predecessors, please try to find where I did any stretching here. Or, do you even bother to do any reading in the threads you post your mindless blather in?

Also, please consider the idiocy of defending Obama with Boooosh comparisons. It's the old, infantile one of "Mom, the other kid did it too" and completely belies the "change" mantra, moron. If you have to use Boooosh comparisons to defend Obama, there's really no change! There should BE no comparison.

Last edited:
Hey, you other old fool, the shit I post is differant only from the shit that you post in the environmental section. There I back it up with scientists. Here, in the political, it is my own take on the world, from a lifetime in it, same as your take.

I like having a President that is intelligent enough to put two sentences together that make sense, unlike what we have had for the last eight years. And I support most of President Obama's policies. I do think that he should raise taxes on the wealthy, as they had a definate causative role in the economic debacle that is playing out in this nation.

Hey, you other old fool, the shit I post is differant only from the shit that you post in the environmental section. There I back it up with scientists. Here, in the political, it is my own take on the world, from a lifetime in it, same as your take.
You don't back anything you post up, anywhere you post. All you do is parrot. When proven wrong, you simply ignore it.
I like having a President that is intelligent enough to put two sentences together that make sense, unlike what we have had for the last eight years.
Moron, Obama is piling up gaffes at a much higher rate than Booosh would have had he been trying. What you really like, is a robot who can (almost) read a teleprompter.
And I support most of President Obama's policies. I do think that he should raise taxes on the wealthy, as they had a definate causative role in the economic debacle that is playing out in this nation.
Perfect parroting from a mindless drone.

If you have ever been ran through the ringer of government investigations for irritating the wrong asshole you may take it a bit more seriously.
It's dirty pool and it does happen. It would make no difference from which side of the ilse this joke is on. It is a bad joke and it shows we have a child like person in charge of the White House. We don't need a comedian in the White House we need grownup leader that will take charge with integrity not stupidity of making jokes about using official entities to get his way.

I like having a President that is intelligent enough to put two sentences together that make sense
Does this idiotic standard apply to Vice-Presidents as well:

Here is a list of most of Biden's gaffes over the past 2 years

Vice President Joe Biden has been keeping a low profile these days. But last week he popped into headlines when he clashed with aides to former President George W. Bush after claiming to have rebuked Bush in private meetings. Recalling a conversation during an interview with CNN, Biden said he told Bush in the Oval Office: "'Mr. President, turn and around look behind you. No one is following.'"
Karl Rove, Bush's top political adviser in the White House, called the conversation "fictional."
This isn't the first time Biden's comments have made news. From historical blunders and Internet gaffes to offensive jokes, Vice President Joe Biden is never shy a quotable moment.
Here's a list of 14 amusing yet cringe-worthy "Bidenisms" made during the vice president's more recent political career.

-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."
"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.
"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members
-- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.

-- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened," he said. Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."
"Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"

-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

-- Biden said he was running for president -- not vice president -- during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.
"Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there," Biden said.

-- Biden referred to John McCain as "George" during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. "Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained.

-- Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama's plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.
"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

-- During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America!"

-- On Jan. 31, 2007 -- the day Biden announced his presidential bid -- the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Not to mention -- we have seen Bush's college transcripts, where's Obama's? Biden's? Turns out that Kerry, the "intellectual candidate" in 2004, had worse grades than Bush! But you probably didn't know that, since Kerry's transcripts weren't released until the June AFTER the election and got no press coverage because of the unfortunate truth...

It was an inconvenient truth, and completely contrary to the worn out, old "Boooosh is stooooopid" mantra.

Last edited:
For every time President Barak Hussein Obama speaks, and demonstrates a good sense of humor, he reminds us of someone else that could neither speak well, or had a reasonable sense of humor.

Bush was much funnier than Obama,without trying to be....and Obama is trying to be....

Forum List

Back