Zone1 If Big News Breaks

When people predicate their statement with "Honestly", I usually wonder that when they don't use that preface, if they are lying. :eusa_think:

When people predicate their statement with "Honestly", I usually wonder that when they don't use that preface, if they are lying. :eusa_think:

Good point. That's why whenever I say ''honestly speaking'' I always tack on clarification by also saying ''not that I don't otherwise normally speak honestly.''

I kind of use honestly speaking as a substitute for frankly speaking because I can't stand thep hrase frankly speaking. It's just a quirk of mine.

Sometmes a little white lie is okay so long as you're only setting a temporary snare for educational advancement, but the whole purpose of the temp snare is so that your figurative opposition might (seemingly to them) come to their senses on their own. Sometimes you have to trick folk into exercising a little bit of common sense.

Last edited:
I kind of use honestly speaking as a substitute for frankly speaking because I can't stand thep hrase frankly speaking. It's just a quirk of mine.

Sometmes a little white lie is okay so long as you're only setting a temporary snare for educational advancement, but the whole purpose of the temp snare is so that your figurative opposition might (seemingly to them) come to their senses on their own.

There are always reasons for dissembling.

Good point. That's why whenever I say ''honestly speaking'' I always tack on clarification by also saying ''not that I don't otherwise normally speak honestly.'' Sometimes you have to trick folk into exercising a little bit of common sense.

To be sure, when dissembling, one needs to clarify as to why. :biggrin:

If we get one of the regular offenders doing this to stop and look before starting a new thread, then it's a win.
I know I'm nobody in this message board world of yours, but I really don't care if there are 1 or 10 similar threads. They all take different paths and I respond to the immediate conversation.

The endless and ever changing rules, and the selective application of those rules has made me stop posting new threads. If I do post a thread I go in knowing some mod will find some reason to lock or delete my thread.

I find myself not caring much anymore

I know I'm nobody in this message board world of yours, but I really don't care if there are 1 or 10 similar threads. They all take different paths and I respond to the immediate conversation.

The endless and ever changing rules, and the selective application of those rules has made me stop posting new threads. If I do post a thread I go in knowing some mod will find some reason to lock or delete my thread.

I find myself not caring much anymore
We all got together and decided to ban you to the phantom zone.

c47198d5c32f65e235d865bf4ec123db.jpg

That's not a software problem; it's a user problem and is easily corrected by taking people off ignore.

I know, I know .... someone is going to say they don't want to see stuff from soandso for whatever reason. Guess what? There's this thing called selective ignore where you see the content from someone but don't pay any attention to it. Training your brain can be an awesome thing.
What are these "brains" you mention?

There is a certain type of person, that is a political enthusiast to the point of sitting in front of a bank of monitors and TVs, that has a basic need to start the big breaking news thread. There will be more than one, so there's an initial blast of shots that are close together.

The next level comes from those that don't really keep up with forum. When something exciting comes along, they pop in to post about it. They are usually many hours, to a day late.

Then the 3 day to a week late, that may well be suffering from dementia. This ain't no spring chicken coup.

I usually read through the first one that I come to. I can check out the copies for replies if I feel like it. It just takes up space and makes for more mod hard labor.

Forum List

Back