If A Suitcase Nuke Went Off In NY

I think the country is deeply disappointed in the truly substandard level of competent leadership at the top of the executive branch of government - especially at a time that clearly demands the highest possible level.

I think, for the good of the country and for the good of our reputation and relationships throughout the world, the future requires a change of direction and basic philosophy at the top.

I think the country is deeply disappointed in the truly substandard level of competent leadership at the top of the executive branch of government - especially at a time that clearly demands the highest possible level.

I think, for the good of the country and for the good of our reputation and relationships throughout the world, the future requires a change of direction and basic philosophy at the top.

that is what 2008 is about, no?

indeed. I would suggest that 2006 was about that same theme... the nation wanting a change in leadership.

If this nation wanted true change, there would have been a shitload more new faces in both houses and on both sides of the aisle. The one thing that is certain in the U.S. is that the people fear the unkown. Better to live with the devil you know. Congress is essentially feckless as is our President. I had high hopes when I voted for him, imagine my disappointment.

I cannot begin to imagine how disappointed you are with him.... I didn't vote for him, but still, in the wake of 9/11, I had high hopes for him. I really think his inept stumblilng may have taken us to the brink of Hell itself.

I cannot begin to imagine how disappointed you are with him.... I didn't vote for him, but still, in the wake of 9/11, I had high hopes for him. I really think his inept stumblilng may have taken us to the brink of Hell itself.

I'm considering starting a support group.

One of the more disturbing aspects of the failures is those who refuse to see them. WTF? Take the blinders off, try being honest. Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again, ultimately, and I'm sure we'll disagree on this, I have no problem with having taken Saddam down, hell, I have no problem with the idea of taking down any other dictator who oppresses his people, but until we had hoisted Osama bin Laden's head into the air on the end of a pike, Iraq should have stayed the fuck out of those neo-cons mouths.

Some days I wonder, if not for the influence of the neo-con wing of the party, how would Bush be percieved? How would he have performed his duties?

One of the more disturbing aspects of the failures is those who refuse to see them. WTF? Take the blinders off, try being honest. Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again, ultimately, and I'm sure we'll disagree on this, I have no problem with having taken Saddam down, hell, I have no problem with the idea of taking down any other dictator who oppresses his people, but until we had hoisted Osama bin Laden's head into the air on the end of a pike, Iraq should have stayed the fuck out of those neo-cons mouths.

Some days I wonder, if not for the influence of the neo-con wing of the party, how would Bush be percieved? How would he have performed his duties?

What I find disturbing is the blame game played so skillfully by the left....

Those infamous Dem. quotes, over 6 years, on the subject of Saddam, Iraq, and WMD seem to be forgotten as playing no part in the events that ensued... show me the same level of saber rattling from the other side, ....

And mm will insist on playing word games and parsing those quotes until he can convince others the words didn't really mean what they say....like it depends on what the meaning of "know" is...or they didn't specifically use the word 'invade'...spin till the end....

The fact that Biden, Cleland, Clinton, Daschle, Dodd, Dorgan, Edwards, Feinstein, Harkin, Hollings, Kerry, Landrieu, Lieberman, Lincoln, Reid, Rockefeller, Schumer, Toricelli, etc. helped pass the resolution that gave the President the authority to invade Iraq is now spun to say, "well, most Democrats voted against it", as if it matters.....so now the Democrats accept no responsibility

That when the going got tough, the Dems just put their tails between their legs and wanted to run home....with inane accusations like, "Bush just caused more terrorists"....or because Bush uttered 9/11 and Saddam in the same speech, he was saying Iraq was behind 9/11, it never happened....that idea came directly from the Democrats and took hold and began a life of its own....a lie repeated over and over does become the truth for some....

Like implying the US could just run around Pakistan at will to kill AQ....well, we can't, and never could...we don't push around a government we need as an ally...even if an imperfect one....with nuclear weapons, no less....

Instead of the blame game, it would have been to our advantage to come together as one Nation, so some unity and resolve....instead of crying over the spilled milk and playing the lame blame bullshit....

Yes...we have met the enemy, and they are us....

and if OBL died 3 years ago, from bombs or kidneys, then what?

I think I see what you're saying, we don't know if OBL is even alive, so why wait? Yeah, that is a bit of a conundrum.

I'd like to say, we could assume that OBL is dead, thus call off WOT. Problem is, no proof regarding OBL, no longer a player, but rather the fact that so many outside of US think killing is acceptable.

I'd like to say, we could assume that OBL is dead, thus call off WOT. Problem is, no proof regarding OBL, no longer a player, but rather the fact that so many outside of US think killing is acceptable.

Oh, the WOT will be generational at best, if not a never ending endeavour. The biggest question will be, will we seek out those who intend to harm us, or will we draw back to our borders and wait for them to come, and come they will.

and if OBL died 3 years ago, from bombs or kidneys, then what?

If OBL had gone to Allah on 9/12 would it have made a difference ?

Can you not grasp that AQ or any other name you wish to give it, is a movement....a movement against the infidels, simmering under the radar for more than 30 years....taught to the Islamic children....the hate for the west, the hate for the Jews, the hate for anyone and everyone that ignores the Jihad....this problem wasn't born on 9/11...its seed goes back to, who really knows where....
The Islamic fanatics have told us outright their intentions to kill us....many times, and most of west turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to their rants.....we treat the threats as a bad joke, unbelieving to the danger and the murder of our citizens like its a bad TV show....I don't get it....I don't understand the "well life just goes on" attitude"...."it don't really affect me personally" ....

like the threats and killing is just some game we don't really want to play....and can ignore if we don't think about it.....no..I don't get it...

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
If OBL had gone to Allah on 9/12 would it have made a difference ?

Can you not grasp that AQ or any other name you wish to give it, is a movement....a movement against the infidels, simmering under the radar for more than 30 years....taught to the Islamic children....the hate for the west, the hate for the Jews, the hate for anyone and everyone that ignores the Jihad....this problem wasn't born on 9/11...its seed goes back to, who really knows where....
The Islamic fanatics have told us outright their intentions to kill us....many times, and most of west turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to their rants.....we treat the threats as a bad joke, unbelieving to the danger and the murder of our citizens like its a bad TV show....I don't get it....I don't understand the "well life just goes on" attitude"...."it don't really affect me personally" ....

like the threats and killing is just some game we don't really want to play....and can ignore if we don't think about it.....no..I don't get it...

Damn, Allah died on 9/12/01? Shout it from the rooftops!

What I find disturbing is the blame game played so skillfully by the left....

Those infamous Dem. quotes, over 6 years, on the subject of Saddam, Iraq, and WMD seem to be forgotten as playing no part in the events that ensued... show me the same level of saber rattling from the other side, ....

And mm will insist on playing word games and parsing those quotes until he can convince others the words didn't really mean what they say....like it depends on what the meaning of "know" is...or they didn't specifically use the word 'invade'...spin till the end....

The fact that Biden, Cleland, Clinton, Daschle, Dodd, Dorgan, Edwards, Feinstein, Harkin, Hollings, Kerry, Landrieu, Lieberman, Lincoln, Reid, Rockefeller, Schumer, Toricelli, etc. helped pass the resolution that gave the President the authority to invade Iraq is now spun to say, "well, most Democrats voted against it", as if it matters.....so now the Democrats accept no responsibility

That when the going got tough, the Dems just put their tails between their legs and wanted to run home....with inane accusations like, "Bush just caused more terrorists"....or because Bush uttered 9/11 and Saddam in the same speech, he was saying Iraq was behind 9/11, it never happened....that idea came directly from the Democrats and took hold and began a life of its own....a lie repeated over and over does become the truth for some....

Like implying the US could just run around Pakistan at will to kill AQ....well, we can't, and never could...we don't push around a government we need as an ally...even if an imperfect one....with nuclear weapons, no less....

Instead of the blame game, it would have been to our advantage to come together as one Nation, so some unity and resolve....instead of crying over the spilled milk and playing the lame blame bullshit....

Yes...we have met the enemy, and they are us....

Well hush my mouth, things are going so well in Iraq and in Afghanistan and bin Laden's been arrested and AQ are out of business and everything's all good again. Stop whining. Bush, Cheney and the rest of them are responsible for the biggest cockup in US foreign policy history. And let me say, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Get a grip on reality. Even with bipartisan support they managed to screw it up completely. They didn't need any help from anyone else, they - the incompeted, close-minded, arrogant fools - have done this.

Oh, the WOT will be generational at best, if not a never ending endeavour. The biggest question will be, will we seek out those who intend to harm us, or will we draw back to our borders and wait for them to come, and come they will.

Who? I mean who's going to invade the US? I read that a lot, fight them over there or we fight them over here. What a load of codswallop. You have to be mainlining Kool Aid to even begin to countenance that piece of stupidity.

If the suitecase nuke has a 1 kiloton yield, tens of thousands would die immediately, and thousands more in the days after

If such an event were to occur, would libs finally decide to help fight the war on terror or continue their war on Bush?

Would they continue to put party above their country no matter how many Americans died and continue their efforts to undermine the President's efforts to win the war on terror?

How's about if one went off in your tighty whities? Of course, far be for Republicans to put loyalty to party and president above country, which they do EVERY TIME they vote AGAINST bring our troops home. So, before you start slinging your insinuations and accusations that anyone opposed to the war in Iraq is somehow less of an American than you, why don't you back your words with actions? Why don't YOU go to Iraq and carry out the Bush administration's failed policy in Iraq.

Who? I mean who's going to invade the US? I read that a lot, fight them over there or we fight them over here. What a load of codswallop. You have to be mainlining Kool Aid to even begin to countenance that piece of stupidity.

Terrorists, that's who. Or do you think the attacks prior to Iraq were a US conspiracy? You refuse to believe the leaders of this country and you refuse to believe that the terrorists (including AQ) want the US destroyed, the infidel killed and the restoration of the Calliphate. SO I have to ask: Who do you believe?

Forum List

Back