If A President Trump Can Successfully Claim National Emergency For A Wall

Wut?! Libs weren't sqealing at all when O and Clinton were calling for a wall. Good luck finding any sympathy. No one cares with your disingenuous croc tears.
When was this? Far as a I know Drumpf is the only fool that wanted to build a 30ft concrete wall from sea to shining sea.

Nothing in there said he wanted to build a 30ft concrete wall. Try again. :rolleyes:

Now, you're playing semantics and running tangents to obfuscate what the truth really is. Dont try again.

How can I be playing semantics when I am the one that asked when someone other than Drumpf wanted to build a 30ft concrete wall? If you cant answer the question then just admit that. Dont come with some bullshit answer and claim I am playing semantics.

Drumpf knows or should know that if he claims a national emergency then he will have to use facts to back it up in court. This is a bone to rube followers so they think he is tough.

He knows there’s no emergency. Declaring an emergency would be an admission that the great deal maker and negotiator is not as great as he has claimed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drumpf knows or should know that if he claims a national emergency then he will have to use facts to back it up in court. This is a bone to rube followers so they think he is tough.

He knows there’s no emergency. Declaring an emergency would be an admission that the great deal maker and negotiator is not as great as he has claimed.

His rubes wont see it that way. What they will see is that Drumpf is tough and he is the man. He is fighting the "deep state" like a Norse god-warrior. :laugh:

We have a foreign invasion of our southern border. Haven't you heard about in the news? LOL

That invasion you speak of has been going on for over 50 years. What is happening now is nether sudden nor unexpected and thus not an emergency.

We have a foreign invasion of our southern border. Haven't you heard about in the news? LOL

That invasion you speak of has been going on for over 50 years. What is happening now is nether sudden nor unexpected and thus not an emergency.

If a crowd was invading your land would you wait 2 years to call it an emergency?

It does set a bad precedent.
I find it humorous leftists finally care about that though.
So fucking disingenuous
No kidding.

They are crucifying all of Trump's people for doing the same shit the Dems do.

Look at Wasserman Schultz, why is she still roaming free while all of Trump's folks are in legal jeopardy? Why did Manafort go down for doing essential the same type of stuff that the Podesta's were doing?

Let's face it, we are now a banana republic where the rule of law is used unevenly for political expediency. For the left to claim it now cares?

tenor.gif

What's to stop a President Elizabeth Warren from claiming a national emergency because too many people are getting ripped off by the banks and use tax payer dollars to recompense the funds lost?

What's to stop a President Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from claiming a national emergency because too many Americans are poor and in need of health care so use billions of tax payer dollars to rectify that situation?

Is this the slippery slope Republicans are CURRENTLY clamoring for?

Now we are all concerned about the slippery slope? LOL!

As far as the slippery slope, you are correct, the slippery slope got the Democrats Kavanaugh. The President will do what he has to however it isn't wise. I just tell those that want to play political games that be careful about how you circumvent rules now because it will bite you later. However the side in power never considers it.

What's to stop a President Elizabeth Warren from claiming a national emergency because too many people are getting ripped off by the banks and use tax payer dollars to recompense the funds lost?

What's to stop a President Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from claiming a national emergency because too many Americans are poor and in need of health care so use billions of tax payer dollars to rectify that situation?

Neither Warren nor AOC are presidents. AOC cannot run she is too young. Warren cannot win as she is too stupid.

If a crowd was invading your land would you wait 2 years to call it an emergency?
yeah, but I wouldn't wait 50 years.

The situations aren't analogous. Illegal immigration is actually down, and Meheko is not the avenue of choice of most potential terrorists. An "emergency" denotes something unexpected and different. The only thing about this is there's less of it.

Arguably the influx of unaccompanied minors was different. And even before that, I think Obama was wrong for just accepting the judicial decision that holding minors was illegal. Originally we were going to build something along the lines of extended stay motels and hold families until they were deported all in unison. We should have pursued that and hired more judges to make faster determinations on claims of amnesty, if the families did not volunteer to be sent back together. And Obama should have appealed on that basis.

I think Trump should be doing something along those lines, and increasing barriers in places. But again, for Trump, it's about pacififying RW talk radio. That's the emergency. Coulter and Rushbo flamed his fat ass.

Becoming POTUS is a sure stop for Pocahontas and crazy Eyes.

Bad analogy. We are a nation of laws and a constitution. The president is not authorized to act unilaterally when he believed the system is not working. Such action is that of a dictatorship.

Why would Trump be on a slippery slope? What about other presidents?
Special report: America's perpetual state of emergency

Mark
Technically, you are correct.

America's constitutional government was suspended right after September 11, 2001, and each president extends that emergency every Sept. 11, enabling him to do what ever he wants over the wishes of congress with the stoke of a pen.

This is what makes every president immune to impeachment since September 11, 2001. We are now under an electoral dictatorship and a police state.

OTH, most folks are not aware of this. If you ask the average Joe on the street, "Hey, is the nation in a state of emergency allowing police state powers and the suspension of Habeas Corpus?" The would all probably say no, and believe that their representatives in congress have the final say.

Dismantling that illusion and waking folks up the the C.O.G. nightmare power grab of the Deep State might have some dire consequences at this point. Especially with all these SJW's lurking about. :21:

Bad analogy. We are a nation of laws and a constitution. The president is not authorized to act unilaterally when he believed the system is not working. Such action is that of a dictatorship.

Not since Sept. 11, 2001. 80zephyr pointed out a real fact.

I’m sure you weren’t worried after an executive order was used to make immigration law.

I said the same sort of thing in another thread.

These people don't understand that what they allow one president to do, they allow all presidents to do.

What is to stop the next democratic president from doing the same thing in regard to global climate change? What if that president wants to divert billions of dollars from the military to use to combat that very real threat?

What's to stop any future president from throwing a hissy fit and declares an emergency or what some conservatives want, martial law, declare themself as permanent president and all future elections are over with the military as the police?

This is a dangerous slippery slope. Especially when it's all based on such blatant lies.

Last edited:
It does set a bad precedent.
I find it humorous leftists finally care about that though.
So fucking disingenuous
deflection_explained.jpg

It's incredible.

These people just don't learn.

They spent years demanding that private companies can deny service to anyone they want. They actually get their way with it from the Supreme Court.

Then when that applies to all companies and all customers equally, they have a huge problem and scream about rights.

A person who didn't know that everything applies equally under the law here in America should have learned it from that experience. Yet they don't.

It's sad that we have people who don't know these facts. All they know is what they want at that moment and they aren't going to stop until they get it or are forced to stop.

I hope our court system forces them to stop.

Last edited:
Here is the original order (archived as they scrubbed it from the web here);
Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks
Here is Obama continuing it;
Message -- Continuation of the National Emergency With Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks
. . . and Trump is no different.
Notice Regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks | The White House

If anyone wants to become president, they agree to continue the police state. FACT OF LIFE SLAVES.

Forum List

Back