Ideas of what to major in?

If you only need to make 30K a year why get a 9 to 5? Just buy one fixer upper house per year and sell it. You should be able to clear 30K pretty easily. Once you get rolling you could do more.

My favorite 3 subjects are History,Politics and Books. I also am pretty good on computers but HATE working on them/coding etc...I took one semester in college for computer science and it bored me to death. I want a degree I can most of all FIND A JOB IN! I don't need to be rich I can be happy making 30k a year where I live. I am leaning more towards Health Information Technology because it involves computers,data/facts etc and its got a good reputation for job security especially where I live I am within 40 miles of several cities/towns with medical offices. Any other suggestions? I considered a history major but with my background history ain't no way I would pass a background check/FBI check and I would end up smacking some kid more than likely and I can't teach the PC shit they want us to. Same thing with political science...what career really can I get with that? Politics is out of the question again with my background. So have at it..
Well, if you really believe you would be happy making 30K a year and your favorite subjects are history, politics and books. I would suggest library science. You can get a job in a library with a bachelors degree and make 30K, depending on location but to be a librarian you really need a masters. I know two people who majored in library science. One is making big bucks working for a large company in information systems design. Another is a librarian in a local library.

There is no such thing as a Bachelor's degree in Library Science, only a Master's degree.

I got two grand kids in college and one staring next year. These kids are so worried about choosing the right major as if the rest of their life depended on it. The fact is today there're many types of jobs within almost any discipline you choose. That doesn't mean you qualified for all of them when you graduate. You graduate, you get a job, start a career within some area that may only be vaguely related to your major. If you like it, get a master's that will help you advance. If don't like it, get another job in a slightly different area. What you major in is just a stepping stone to a career that may or not have a lot in common with your course work. Most college grads today will change careers at least 3 times and hold 15 to 20 jobs before they retire. I changed careers 4 times before I found what I really wanted to do.

My favorite 3 subjects are History,Politics and Books. I also am pretty good on computers but HATE working on them/coding etc...I took one semester in college for computer science and it bored me to death. I want a degree I can most of all FIND A JOB IN! I don't need to be rich I can be happy making 30k a year where I live. I am leaning more towards Health Information Technology because it involves computers,data/facts etc and its got a good reputation for job security especially where I live I am within 40 miles of several cities/towns with medical offices. Any other suggestions? I considered a history major but with my background history ain't no way I would pass a background check/FBI check and I would end up smacking some kid more than likely and I can't teach the PC shit they want us to. Same thing with political science...what career really can I get with that? Politics is out of the question again with my background. So have at it..
Well, if you really believe you would be happy making 30K a year and your favorite subjects are history, politics and books. I would suggest library science. You can get a job in a library with a bachelors degree and make 30K, depending on location but to be a librarian you really need a masters. I know two people who majored in library science. One is making big bucks working for a large company in information systems design. Another is a librarian in a local library.

There is no such thing as a Bachelor's degree in Library Science, only a Master's degree.
There didn't use any 4 degrees in library science but there're a few today.

Why get a job? Start your own gig.

To start your own "gig" you'll need/to do three things:

1. Five years total operational capital.
2. Know who to hire (which can be farmed out).
3. Never, never, never, hire relatives.

Here we have a micro hospital that's brand new

maxresdefault.jpg

I got two grand kids in college and one staring next year. These kids are so worried about choosing the right major as if the rest of their life depended on it. The fact is today there're many types of jobs within almost any discipline you choose. That doesn't mean you qualified for all of them when you graduate. You graduate, you get a job, start a career within some area that may only be vaguely related to your major. If you like it, get a master's that will help you advance. If don't like it, get another job in a slightly different area. What you major in is just a stepping stone to a career that may or not have a lot in common with your course work. Most college grads today will change careers at least 3 times and hold 15 to 20 jobs before they retire. I changed careers 4 times before I found what I really wanted to do.

Here is their answer, IT Security.

Statistics-

What Can I Do With a Major In Statistics?

Major Information
You can do a lot with this major! Statistics majors go on to successful careers in business, academics, industry, government, medicine, publishing, scientific research, and much more.

Statistics focuses on theories and methods of data collection, tabulation, analysis, and interpretation. Undergraduates who choose a statistics major can pursue a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Statistics. See the School of Statistics site for more information.

Salary $48,523 - $104,266

Last edited:
Become a boot strap entrepreneur.

Why do you think foreigners come here and start their own businesses? How do people become indoctrinated into thinking they need "a job"?

Those "foreigners" that you write of all had money or access to money. The Iranians are the worst.

I'm actually in a similar circumstance, and I'm currently working on an HIT associate's. I considered computer coding, but like you, I found it just too boring.
How far in are you? Pretty interesting so far?

I should graduate at the end of the year, barring any sort of problem.

I don't know how interesting it is, really. It isn't as boring to learn as computer coding seemed to be in my brief forays into Java/Ruby on Rails/Python basics, but the actual HIT classes haven't exactly been thrilling, either. :p

Of course, while my school calls it a Health Information Technology degree, it may be different than what you are considering. I'm not actually learning anything particularly IT oriented, as I think of the term, rather I'm getting more of a clerical education; medical coding, clinical documentation improvement, health management, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
`
Take a course you are interested in. I have a BA in Journalism, with an emphasis on investigative reporting. While I do not work full-time in that field, it is something I enjoy doing doing. It is not a road to riches. The work is oftentimes dull, boring with long hours. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Despite what people hear, most of it is not done online but in the field going through mounds of paperwork, hours of interviews and from one dead end to another. When I do work in that field, it is as a contract employee.

What I learned from getting my degree has applications on other work I do. Writing for example. I just enjoy it, and that's what it all boils down to for me.

`

Unemployment studies.

White Studies
Ya. I have to wonder how a baby like him got thendisgusting venal views he has.
Skanky slut anti white racist whines some more.....YAWN.
The above reflect the views of a librarian-type :04:
How does a person have kids and a wife and is now considering majoring in books?
Can't wrap my head around it.
I am thinking junk-yard. There is a lot of money in buying and seeling garbage, I imagine.

White Studies

Poor little uneducated boy insulting the grownups. Perhaps you should learn to skateboard or something. It would make you more useful than you are now.

Wet sad that someone as young as you is such a disgusting bigot. Maybe if you actually went to school

White Studies
The above reflect the views of a librarian-type :04:
How does a person have kids and a wife and is now considering majoring in books?
Can't wrap my head around it.
I am thinking junk-yard. There is a lot of money in buying and seeling garbage, I imagine.
Actually its the views of someone who DESPISES trash like that bitch.

Forum List

Back