Female lawyers descend on Oklahoma Capitol to push for education funding

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
So this was on Friday:
Murphy’s post was shared more than 7,200 times in the first few hours after it went live. It reads:

“Dear Oklahoma Legislator: I, along with 100 female attorneys, will be coming to see you Monday. I am asking to meet with you and discuss a resolution to this educational funding nightmare. I feel like we can help you, collectively, come up with a resolution. But let’s be clear. There WILL be change. And it WILL be for the better for our children. As Nelson Mandela once said ‘there can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul that the way in which it treats its children.’ Let me be clear about one thing, we need change. And you will do it, or you have my word…. one of the 100 women by my side will file for your seat…. and we will do it for you. I prefer to work with you. It’s your choice if you will work with me.”

Sincerely –

Becki A. Murphy

P.S. I’ll see you Monday. We will be the women in black. You will see us coming.
Tulsa lawyer's viral post says 100 female lawyers will march to end 'educational funding nightmare'

On Monday, over 100 members of Girl Attorney, LLC. headed to the Capitol to ask the legislature to do better.

"The purpose of this visit is to meet with members of the 56th Legislature to discuss their plans to fully fund public education in Oklahoma. Various stakeholders have proposed possible solutions, and we expect our elected representatives to be able to speak intelligently about the merits and potential pitfalls of each. We also expect that a representative who is ideologically opposed to a particular proposal will be prepared to present a detailed alternative. We are business owners and taxpayers ourselves; if there is a means of providing a quality public education to our children without increasing taxes, then we would love to hear the details.

We love details.
Using The Awesome Power Of 100 Women Attorneys To Fight For Oklahoma’s Students And Teachers

Not much is coming out yet and school is closed for many tomorrow.. We'll see.

But that is bad ass.

so what are their ideas that don't increase taxes?

education spending has tripled, even counting inflation.

most of the money goes to unions that hire more people to pay, not teachers, just more buerocrates.

Oklahoma teachers end nearly two-week walkout that shut schools

Opinion surveys showed it had garnered wide support among Oklahoma voters, many of whom had seen firsthand how students at struggling schools had to share outdated and tattered textbooks and sometimes go to a four-day school week to help save districts money.

Oklahoma teachers, who were seeking a $10,000 annual wage hike over three years, will see an average annual pay raise of about $6,100 from the increased funding, lawmakers said.

In May 2017, their annual mean wage was $41,880, among the lowest in the country, compared with neighboring states such as Texas at $57,830 and Kansas at $50,470, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

most of the money goes to unions that hire more people to pay, not teachers, just more buerocrates.
You could do with a little spelling education yourself..

The reason for the walk out is the funding issue for schools, why do republicans feel it's adequate to starve the school systems of monies?

The reason for the walk out is the funding issue for schools, why do republicans feel it's adequate to starve the school systems of monies?
Oklahoma faces $167M budget shortfall next fiscal year

Like all states they are in budget deficits..............The states are trying to balance the budgets............

And like all States the problem will correct itself if we can get better paying jobs back in this country to increase their revenues.......

Consolidating superintendents was proposed. Actually, most of the money doesn't go to unions.

Fallin repealed the hotel/motel tax.

What's scary is that the number of people in the state legislature that didn't read the bills because they couldn't understand it.

Like all states they are in budget deficits..............The states are trying to balance the budgets............

And like all States the problem will correct itself if we can get better paying jobs back in this country to increase their revenues.......
They cut taxes like good little Tea Party idiots without a formula to replace lost revenue, just like Kanass that rode the wave of idiot Teabaggers...I always wondered why legislatures and governors could never add nor subtract..

the red squiggle showed up and when I checked it, it came up with Socrates as my only option, so fuck it.

What's scary is that the number of people in the state legislature that didn't read the bills because they couldn't understand it.
Normally the aides read the bills the legislature member is merely the figurehead for arguments, presence and leadershit..Much like an attorney or a judge..

Then the Democratic party will need to make a couple of choices. They are going to need to choose to end the H1B visa program and start limiting immigration.

the red squiggle showed up and when I checked it, it came up with Socrates as my only option, so fuck it.
I've had to train mine also, but that's not unusual. I've had to train several architects and builders also..

Normally the aides read the bills the legislature member is merely the figurehead for arguments, presence and leadershit..Much like an attorney or a judge..

They do now because people keep giving the OK. It wasn't that long ago that they actually read the bills.

Then the Democratic party will need to make a couple of choices. They are going to need to choose to end the H1B visa program and start limiting immigration.
It's the oil slump that is hurting Okiehoma since they haven't learned the word "diversification" over the last forty five years..

They do now because people keep giving the OK. It wasn't that long ago that they actually read the bills.
Not really. One reason why the govt. allowed fast track legislation, such as administrative law was because it takes to long o move a bill through Congress to make a law..Most legislature members are still working their jobs or out of the office and don't have or take the time to read a bill since their are so many..Just like a lawyers doesn't try to memorize every case, they hire legal researchers to do the job..

The reason I know is that my aunt was a legal secretary and worked for David Boren, he ended up being in the legislature and governor of Okiehoma and my granddad was a legislature member in Okiehoma..

Forum List

Back