Idaho man gets 28 years in beating death of gay man

Schneider was contacted by Nelson the evening of April 27, 2016, after Schneider posted a shirtless photograph of himself in a solicitation for sex on the website backpage.com, federal authorities said. The pair met the next evening, when Schneider took Nelson's money but did not engage in a sexual act, court records show.
While what happened is unfortunate,
these are consequences of living a risky lifestyle.

Right. The dead guy was just asking for it.

Clearly the guy shouldn't have been murdered, however, he is partially to blame. You run the risk of serious injury, or worse, when you agree to meet up with some random for a sexual encounter.

Clearly the guy shouldn't have been murdered, however, he is partially to blame. You run the risk of serious injury, or worse, when you agree to meet up with some random for a sexual encounter.

Yep. Who knows when a monster might put a shirtless ad in the paper advertising sex, meet you and collect the money, and then kick you to death. The dead guy was really dumb to do that, but I can't really cut the murderer much slack because the dead guy was dumb.

Yep. Who knows when a monster might put a shirtless ad in the paper advertising sex, meet you and collect the money, and then kick you to death. The dead guy was really dumb to do that, but I can't really cut the murderer much slack because the dead guy was dumb.

Exactly. Who knows when a monster is lurking? That is why one shouldn't answer ads for random sexually encounters.

Schneider was contacted by Nelson the evening of April 27, 2016, after Schneider posted a shirtless photograph of himself in a solicitation for sex on the website backpage.com, federal authorities said. The pair met the next evening, when Schneider took Nelson's money but did not engage in a sexual act, court records show.

Sorry charlie, if that's how I felt,
that's what I would've said!

He took a risk when he decided to
hook up and pay for a sexual encounter
with a total stranger he picked up online.

Then, after getting swindled the first time,
decided it wasn't a bad idea to try again.

When you engage in risky behavior, you take a risk

Exactly. Who knows when a monster is lurking? That is why one shouldn't answer ads for random sexually encounters.
Yes, one should only go to gay bars and have sex with strangers who have the best drugs.

Sorry charlie, if that's how I felt,
that's what I would've said!

He took a risk when he decided to
hook up and pay for a sexual encounter
with a total stranger he picked up online.

Then, after getting swindled the first time,
decided it wasn't a bad idea to try again.

When you engage in risky behavior, you take a risk

Yes. Risky behavior is.......risky.

Matthew would NOT have started this thread if the vic was straight. Democrats do not give a damn about straight murder victims. Look at their record in Chicago, thousands of shootings per year, and total indifference.

You don't know my posting history if you think I don't care about the negro slaughter problem of Chicago. lol

My solution to that is more education funding, anti-feminist pro-family approach of rebuilding the family and job programs.

Yes, one should only go to gay bars and have sex with strangers who have the best drugs.

What an uncommonly moronic interpretation of my post. Too funny.

Source: Reuters

27 APR 2017 AT 15:16 ET
An Idaho man who killed a gay man by kicking him up to 30 times with steel-toed boots was sentenced on Wednesday by a federal judge to 28 years in prison, prosecutors said on Thursday.

In February, Kelly Schneider, 23, of Nampa, pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for attacking Steven Nelson last year at a remote wildlife refuge while repeatedly using a homophobic slur, acting U.S. Attorney for Idaho Rafael M. Gonzalez said in a statement on Thursday. “Steven Nelson was assaulted, and later died, because he was gay,” Gonzalez said.

Schneider was also sentenced to 28 years in prison earlier this month on a state charge of first-degree murder in Nelson’s death, court records show.

Schneider’s federal sentence will be served concurrently with the state sentence, U.S. prosecutors said. He is being held in an Idaho jail until authorities determine where he will serve out the remainder of his sentence.

Read more: Idaho man gets 28 years in beating death of gay man

Evil pieces of shit is going to pay for what he did.
OMG...it must be rampant. Why do you post that he was, "a gay man?"

He killed this man BECAUSE he was gay - by kicking him to death with his steel toed boots. That's what makes it a HATE crime.

An Idaho man who killed a gay man by kicking him up to 30 times with steel-toed boots was sentenced on Wednesday by a federal judge to 28 years in prison, prosecutors said on Thursday.

In February, Kelly Schneider, 23, of Nampa, pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for attacking Steven Nelson last year at a remote wildlife refuge while repeatedly using a homophobic slur, acting U.S. Attorney for Idaho Rafael M. Gonzalez said in a statement on Thursday. “Steven Nelson was assaulted, and later died, because he was gay,” Gonzalez said.

Schneider was also sentenced to 28 years in prison earlier this month on a state charge of first-degree murder in Nelson’s death, court records show.

Schneider’s federal sentence will be served concurrently with the state sentence, U.S. prosecutors said. He is being held in an Idaho jail until authorities determine where he will serve out the remainder of his sentence.

He killed this man BECAUSE he was gay - by kicking him to death with his steel toed boots. That's what makes it a HATE crime.
So what would it be if the victim was straight, a LOVE crime. This is bullshit, murder is murder.

What an uncommonly moronic interpretation of my post. Too funny.

But not the worst idea...

Oh my! Man gets kicked to death with steel toed boots because....insert reason here. Drugs, money, adultery, gambling debt. People get murdered by getting stomped to death all the time. What makes the man you mentioned so special? Sounds pretty condescending to me.

Forum List

Back