ID law found discriminatory

Voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

The voter ID thing is just a tactic to keep African Americans from voting.

Correct.

Why and in what way does this prevent only African Americans from voting?

That’s really not the issue.

This issue is there is no evidence to support voter ID laws, as voter fraud is indeed virtually non-existent.

Yes, one has the right to vote using a provisional ballot, but that process is cumbersome, it is unknown to most voters, and the likelihood election workers will have a comprehensive knowledge of the law is problematic.

The conflict is over where to strike the balance between voter responsibility and the responsibility of every state to ensure every citizen is able to vote.

It’s incumbent upon states to remove voting hurtles, not erect new ones.

According to a 2005 study by UW Milwaukee Driver License Status of Voting Age Population those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one to vote include:

■23% of elderly Wisconsinites over the age of 65
■17% of white men and women
■55% of African American males and 49% of African American women
■46% of Hispanic men and 59% of Hispanic women
■78% of African American males age 18-24 and 66% of African American women age 18-24

Wisconsin Gov. Walker acts to suppress vote | The Stand

You did not answer my question. What prevents anybody from obtaining a state issued ID. The fact that these people in the groups have not yet obtained one only means that they have not yet obtained one.

Others, by definition have obtained one.

Why are you demanding that some voters be allowed to vote without being able to prove they are eligible to vote?

Whatever floats your boat, I've made my opinion very clear. And if you don't have confidence in minorities being able to get themselves an id then fuck you too, I have every confidence in them looking after themselves.

You pretend its an insult to people to make sure they get a chance to vote?

Are there any qualifications that you think a person needs to be a voter?

Uh, a photo ID proving they are a legal resident of that State.

Whatever floats your boat, I've made my opinion very clear. And if you don't have confidence in minorities being able to get themselves an id then fuck you too, I have every confidence in them looking after themselves.

You pretend its an insult to people to make sure they get a chance to vote?

You insult them by implying they are too stupid to comply with reasonable standards.

You're not fooling anyone by throwing the word "reasonable" in there. I say it's UNREASONABLE...AND I used caps...So there :mad:

Yep. The Democrat party is the party of voter fraud. They have made it one of their main campaign planks.
That is exactly why they do not like voter id.

Why do you guys spew something unproveable non sense conspiracy theory then proceed to jerk each other off by pretending the made up thing you just made up is real? :lol:

There isnt a way to cradle someones nutsack via the internet, but this is dam close.
You're right. Voter fraud IS unprovable since we have no way of knowing just who is casting a vote.
Tell me how you would keep me from voting in my name and then going to a different precinct and voting for my dead father without an ID or a very lucky instance of a poll worker actually knowing my dad?
There may very well be hundreds or thousands of fraudulent votes. There is almost no way to know and less that can be done to prosecute offenders.

Correct.

That’s really not the issue.

This issue is there is no evidence to support voter ID laws, as voter fraud is indeed virtually non-existent.

Yes, one has the right to vote using a provisional ballot, but that process is cumbersome, it is unknown to most voters, and the likelihood election workers will have a comprehensive knowledge of the law is problematic.

The conflict is over where to strike the balance between voter responsibility and the responsibility of every state to ensure every citizen is able to vote.

It’s incumbent upon states to remove voting hurtles, not erect new ones.

Is there even one qualification you would demand of a perspective voter? Human being? Citizen? Area of residence? Anything at all?

I didn't look at yoiur link but if it is about the 8 that Bush fired? Guess what you fucking loony tunes? They served their 4 year term and the President is the sole authority on who serves, for ow long and for what reason.

Bush could have woken up one morning and claimed his dog told him to fire them and it would be perfectly legal and within the scope of EXECUTIVE POWER.

And as evidenced by a lack of criminal charges or them being rehired, guess what? Congress and the Law agree.

By the way? Anyone can change wiki information.

It doesnt, read the OP it says African Americans AND OTHER MINORITIES.

Glad I could clear that up for you

He quoted Chris. Read the big words above.

Ok, but I thought he would like to know it doesnt only effect African Americans, Sorry, I didnt realize this was a game of gotcha. I thought he wanted to really know.

How many lies has TM spouted in this thread?

Once again for the slow and stupid, FEDERAL LAW requires that each State VERIFY who is and is not eligible to vote and that ONLY those eligible ACTUALLY vote. FEDERAL LAW. There is only one way to do that, by Identifying those that register and those that vote.

Requiring ID does not disenfranchise anyone since all they need do is go GET an ID. And they have almost a YEAR to do so.

As for the whine about some Republican saying he doesn't want everyone to vote? Same with Democrats. There are Dems that say the exact same thing, in fact I am pretty sure TM has voiced the opinion us right wingers should not vote on this very board.

According to a 2005 study by UW Milwaukee Driver License Status of Voting Age Population those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one to vote include:

■23% of elderly Wisconsinites over the age of 65
■17% of white men and women
■55% of African American males and 49% of African American women
■46% of Hispanic men and 59% of Hispanic women
■78% of African American males age 18-24 and 66% of African American women age 18-24

Wisconsin Gov. Walker acts to suppress vote | The Stand
I'd be willing to bet that 60 to 70% of African Americans already have driver's licenses. I find it implausible that UW knows the age and race of every single citizen.... Or did they go down to Occupy Milwaukee and take a random poll, noting race and ethnicity of all participants?

Why should they have to?

Voter fraud is practically non existent.

But this isn't the only thing Republicans are doing to keep people from voting.

They are reducing the number of days that the polls are open.

Ask yourself this question, Why would they do that?

That has nothing to do with voter fraud. It's just an attempt to suppress the vote.

Repeating the lie doesnt make it true.

Did you want some tissue?

You didn't answer the question.

Why reduce the number of days people have to vote?

The early voting process in Florida was terribly inefficient. When I would vote early, often I was the only voter to be served by 12 to 15 poll workers in a 20.000 square foot building opened up specifically for voting. What do you suppose it cost Coconut Creek for my convenience? Would cutting that inefficiency in half make sense?

81,938 voters in one state.

This is why the republicans want to have these laws to keep voters from voting.

Remember they dont want everyone to vote

Joni James - Why Don't You Believe Me (1952) :lmao:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Zxlop6_cE&feature=related]Joni James - Why Don't You Believe Me (1952) - YouTube[/ame]

Money, travel time and things like people being born at home.

You are the one who pretends its about being not good enough of an American to be allowed to vote

What does being born at home have to do with it? I have two siblings who were born at home and they are both able to obtain IDs, and vote.
And face it, there are many people who are so uninformed and unwilling to become informed that their votes are little more than an exercise in popularity. They're more likely to make an informed vote on an "American Idol" or "DWTS" contestant than on an official who will be determining policy and laws that affect all of us.

It would be safe to assume that since they were born at home and have ID, they are not Democrats.

South Carolina voter ID law rejected by Justice Department - latimes.com

Reporting from Washington— The Obama administration's civil rights office is stepping up its fight with the Southern states over voting rights, announcing it will block a new South Carolina law that would require voters to show a government-issued photo identification before casting a ballot.

The Justice Department invoked the Voting Rights Act on Friday and said the new photo-identification rule could deny the right to vote for tens of thousands of blacks and other minorities.

"According to the state's statistics, there are 81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack DMV-issued identification," Thomas E. Perez, the chief of the department's civil rights division, said in a letter to South Carolina officials. He referred to a driver's license issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, the most common form of photo identification.

If you don't have a driver's license, you need a state ID card, my son has one and he's disabled and shouldn't vote, but he still needs ID.

I'm thinking there are 81,398 people who are not citizens and shouldn't be voting in the first place.

I had Two Children born at Home. Papers were filed with the County and Birth Certificates were obtained, as a matter of Law and Due Process. What kind of claim are you making?

South Carolina voter ID law rejected by Justice Department - latimes.com

Reporting from Washington— The Obama administration's civil rights office is stepping up its fight with the Southern states over voting rights, announcing it will block a new South Carolina law that would require voters to show a government-issued photo identification before casting a ballot.

The Justice Department invoked the Voting Rights Act on Friday and said the new photo-identification rule could deny the right to vote for tens of thousands of blacks and other minorities.

"According to the state's statistics, there are 81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack DMV-issued identification," Thomas E. Perez, the chief of the department's civil rights division, said in a letter to South Carolina officials. He referred to a driver's license issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, the most common form of photo identification.

If you don't have a driver's license, you need a state ID card, my son has one and he's disabled and shouldn't vote, but he still needs ID.

I'm thinking there are 81,398 people who are not citizens and shouldn't be voting in the first place.

Yep. The reason why they don't catch the Fraud is because they don't want to.

Forum List

Back