Yes Virginia, Obama Is Santa Claus

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
(This little treatise explains the complex, delicate interelationships of the need for unceasing taxation and our dear leaders 24/7/365 benevolent generosity particularly in the light of this time of year)

"Dear Editor:

I am 28 years old. Some of my comrades say that Obama is not Santa Claus. My "Papa" -- which is short for "PAtronizing PAtriarch" -- is a middle-class capitalist. He runs his own small business. He has recently kicked me out of our home. He says that I should repay the $350,000 in student loans I have taken out.
This, in spite of the fact that I've only just finished my Masters in Marxist Musicology and I have not been able to find a job in my chosen field: the folk music of Che Guevara.
Anyway, "Papa" says, "If you see it in American Thinker it's so." Please tell me the truth. Is Obama going to pay off my student loans and provide me a job? Is Obama Santa Claus?

Virginia O'Hanlon IV

Last Address: Tent 4, Row F, Zuccotti Park, New York

VIRGINIA, your comrades are wrong. They have been affected by their lack of employment in the Golden Age of Obama. They do not believe what they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds and caused by greed on Wall Street. All minds, be they men or children, are little (except Obama's). In this great country of ours, citizens are mere insects, ants, in their intellects, as compared with the boundless intelligence of our President, as measured by his ability of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, Obama is Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as the billions of dollars he has "loaned" to the people who raised money for his first campaign. Obama has given to their lives the highest beauty and joy: cold hard cash. Alas! How dreary would be the country if there were no Solyndras, Beacon Powers, and NextEra Energies to receive billions of dollars of your "Papa's" tax dollars! It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAs protesting against Wall Street and ignoring the real corruption. There would be no fraud, no poverty, and no mystical promise of nonexistent green energy to save the economy. We would have real employment, and the unemployment numbers would not be constantly rewritten to look better than they are.

Not believe that Obama is Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies or Keynesian economics! You might get your papa to vote for congressmen, who monitor all the loans and grants to Obama's friends, to catch Obama dropping money down the green energy chimneys on Christmas Eve. But even if they did nab Obama distributing huge bundles of cash, what would that prove? Nobody wants to admit that Obama is corrupt, but that is no sign that he is not Santa Claus. The most real scams in the world are those that neither children nor congressmen can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on your lawn with huge checks from the Department of Energy? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive of or imagine all the Keynesian wonders that are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the Obama administration which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of the Tea Party, could tear apart. Only truth, honesty, open-mindedness, and a firm grip on reality can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal lies, deceit, and self-deception beneath. Is it all real? Ah, VIRGINIA, in all this world there is nothing else as real and abiding as the corruption of the political class.

Obama is not Santa Claus? You should thank Obama! The spending spree lives, and the deficit goes on forever. A thousand years from now, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, your children will be paying for it."

Read more: Articles: Yes, Virginia, Obama Is Santa Claus

Forum List

Back