Ich bin ein complete flop: Why no wide-angle shots of Obama speech in Berlin yesterda

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Remember way back when Obama made his speech in Berlin in 2008? It looked like this:

th

Barack Obama speech in Berlin, 2008
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4599404239323258&pid=15.1

For some reason, though his latest speech was in the same place at nearly the same time, no one is providing any aerial shots of it. I haven't even been able to find any pictures from ground level, with the lens zoomed out enough to show a large part of the area around the Brandenburg gate.

I wonder why not?

Obama had an audience of around 200,000 people in 2008... and he wasn't even elected yet.

Now that people have gotten a good dose of his style of government, his speech yesterday drew... maybe 4,500 people.

Pictures of that would be an outright embarrassment. The best the photographers seem to be able to do is this:

ic58R..8y7io.jpg

Barack Obama speech in Berlin, 2013
http://www.bloomberg.com/image/ic58R..8y7io.jpg

Apparently the "news" media's job has changed. It's not longer concerned with reporting what happened. It is trying to avoid embarrassing Obama.

Last edited:
4,500 invitation only guests, with Obama firmly ensconced behind a bullet proof barrier.

It causes one to wonder exactly who was invited.

When obama spoke in Israel, they had to scour the whole country to get 650 to show up.

Remember way back when Obama made his speech in Berlin in 2008? It looked like this:

th

For some reason, though his latest speech was in the same place at nearly the same time, no one is providing any aerial shots of it. I haven't even been able to find any pictures from ground level, with the lens zoomed out enough to show a large part of the area around the Brandenburg gate.

I wonder why not?

Obama had an audience of around 200,000 people in 2008... and he wasn't even elected yet.

Now that people have gotten a good dose of his style of government, his speech yesterday drew... maybe 4,500 people.

Pictures of that would be an outright embarrassment. The best the photographers seem to be able to do is this:

ic58R..8y7io.jpg

Apparently the "news" media's job has changed. It's not longer concerned with reporting what happened. It is trying to avoid embarrassing Obama.

Please provide links, thank you.

th

I wonder why not?

ic58R..8y7io.jpg

Please provide links, thank you.

Done.

The liberal media managed to portray JFK as heroic when he called himself a donut (berliner) in a speech in Berlin just before the Berlin Wall went up and the iron curtain came down while the US did nothing. I guess they find it difficult to portray Hussein Obama as heroic these days when he runs away every time a scandal erupts.

There are actual schools you can go to if you want to be a political operative. I attended one many years ago as part of my preparation to help run a Republican congressional campaign.

One segment of the training is devoted to handling/manipulating the media. For instance, always book rooms or spaces smaller than the crowd you are expecting, because if you don't, the media will invariable take a photo from behind any empty chairs in the room if they don't like your candidate.

Looking at the photos of Obama from 2008 and 2013 in Germany, it is clear the media is doing its best to portray him from the best possible angle.

But notice the perspective changes:

2ym6f53.jpg

55h2tx.jpg

I guess that center-right politicians don't inspire Europeans that much.

Forum List

Back