Ice??? The Dome Failed Because of Ice??

o fuck bp..what about the people of the gulf coast? the mainstay of the gulf coast is fishing, shrimping and tourism...they are saying this mess could come around florida and come up the east coast....entire coastlines will be destroyed...lively hoods of millions...destroyed...but lets drill some more...lets destroy what little we have left...so we can have oil for how much longer?

When gas starts hitting $4.00 per gallon,people will be screaming for our country to build more refineries and for more drilling.Until we get off oil this is what we will have to deal with.:(

You're supposed to put gas - made from oil - in your CAR - not on your SHORES. Does that make sense to you?

i know the left is thinking up ways to blame bush for not regulating the formation of the ice crystals.now obama will hold a press conference to announce that he is forming a commission to explore why our government was not regulating the formation of said ice crystals because he is focused like a laser on the problem and he was on it from day one.

and you really are just a waste of fucking skin.....

Making a partisan issue out of this

and you're blaming bp when we are still waiting for any hard facts about responsibility. much as i hate to agree with huggy, we need a timeline of the decision making process etc.

bp is the legally responsible party you ignorant removed

i have no sympathy for bp....they have played fast and loose with drilling laws etc...my heart goes out to the people who lives and livelyhoods will be ruined..for the homeowners whose houses will lose all their value....its gonna happen to the republicans and democrats both...i dont think oil knows a polticial party now does it?

As for building more refinaries etc..why oil is not going to last that much longer...better to expend the resources for alternative energy...just as the cash for clunkers money would have been better invested in alternative energy

which of the major energy companies invests the most $$$s in the us for renewable energy?

not relevant

o fuck bp..what about the people of the gulf coast? the mainstay of the gulf coast is fishing, shrimping and tourism...they are saying this mess could come around florida and come up the east coast....entire coastlines will be destroyed...lively hoods of millions...destroyed...but lets drill some more...lets destroy what little we have left...so we can have oil for how much longer?

Do you have an alternative for using petroleum products? Fishing, shrimping, tour busses and touring autos all use gasoline or diesel fuel. Where are we gonna get it?

We aren't ready to switch totally to alternate energy yet.

Would you rather walk?

Do you have an alternative for using petroleum products? Fishing, shrimping, tour busses and touring autos all use gasoline or diesel fuel. Where are we gonna get it?

Would you rather walk?

I need oil for my car, for the trucks that bring me goods, for the plastics that make my life more comfortable and productive, I DON'T NEED IT WASHING UP ON MY SHORE.

Is that hard to understand? Can you comprehend the idea that oil is GOOD for running cars and BAD for washing shores with? Does that just BLOW your MIND?

Would you rather walk?

What is it with you "all or nothing" idiots? The topic is "NEW" exploration. The topic is can we find new oil without destroying our coastlines. People like you do not elevate the discussion.

I know the left is thinking up ways to blame Bush for not regulating the formation of the ice crystals.Now Obama will hold a press conference to announce that he is forming a commission to explore why our government was not regulating the formation of said ice crystals because he is focused like a laser on the problem and he was on it from day one.

making a partisan issue out of this

And you my friend are a Barrack Hussein Obama lover ummm ummm ummmm....
who is focused like a laser on the ice crystal formation problem from day one....
Maybe in the next couple of years he may try to get people back to work...or maybe he will wait until right before his re election....?:eusa_whistle:

I know the left is thinking up ways to blame Bush for not regulating the formation of the ice crystals.Now Obama will hold a press conference to announce that he is forming a commission to explore why our government was not regulating the formation of said ice crystals because he is focused like a laser on the problem and he was on it from day one.

who is focused like a laser on the ice crystal formation problem from day one....
Maybe in the next couple of years he may try to get people back to work...or maybe he will wait until right before his re election....?:eusa_whistle:

S'matter Your game boy broke ya ignorant little shit? Why don't ya go do a colombine and get the attention you seek and deserve?

S'matter Your game boy broke ya ignorant little shit? Why don't ya go do a colombine and get the attention you seek and deserve?

Wow I guess I hit a nerve there....Are You disappointed as most of the Left wing media that the bomber in Times Square was NOT a white person upset with the Government.:eusa_eh:

Wow I guess I hit a nerve there....Are You disappointed as most of the Left wing media that the bomber in Times Square was NOT a white person upset with the Government.:eusa_eh:

You didn't hit a fuckin thing ya hairless little chiwawa. What pisses me off is it is illegal not to slow down when one of you pathetic underdeveloped clowns accidentally steps out in front of my Caddy.

You are the evidence that the population needs thinning.

Last edited:
It will be simple to get every country drillling in or near the Gulf to stop drilling. NOT Good idea or not it's not going to happen. Chase a dream that can be accomplished.

It will be simple to get every country drillling in or near the Gulf to stop drilling. NOT Good idea or not it's not going to happen. Chase a dream that can be accomplished.

It's good to be big and strong. Based on this spill we have enough evidense to call it national security and do whatever it takes to secure our shores. All we gotta do is wait till some other countries well blows up and move in confiscate it...shut it down and keep it. Who is going to stop us?

You didn't hit a fuckin thing ya hairless little chiwawa. What pisses me off is it is illegal to slow down when one of you pathetic underdeveloped clowns accidentally steps out in front of my Caddy.

You are the evidence that the population needs thinning.

Wow that's an awful lot of anger there.You may want to save that for when my people, the GOP take back The House and we send Nancy Pelosi packing.The boy King will need to learn how to govern and work with the Republicans instead of ruling and cramming down our throats policies that most of the American people do not want.

Ice??? The Dome Failed Because of Ice??

I blame Obama. He wanted this to happen so that he could take more control over the energy industry, sell his "green" programs and support the idea of man-caused global warming. I wonder how much he gave BP to make this happen?

The solution:

Massive amounts of concrete

The problem:

BP can't continue to make money from a well that's been filled with concrete

When gas starts hitting $4.00 per gallon,people will be screaming for our country to build more refineries and for more drilling.Until we get off oil this is what we will have to deal with.:(

You should read The Tyranny of Oil: The World's Most Powerful Industry--And What We Must Do To Stop It. by Antonia Juhasz www.tyrannyofoil.org/ as this has been going on for a very long time, way before Bush came along, and in "recent" history Veggie Reagan had much more to do with what is going on than Bush, but all the recent presidents have had a laissez-faire attitude about fixing things...

This goes way back... The book is available used from Amazon for less than $5 including shipping, and worth the buy!

BTW it is oil company CHOICE not to build new or really upgrade the refineries, not the government.... Government just allows them the option of making that choice and grandfathering in old and very old equipment!

"I wouldn't say it's failed yet," BP chief operating officer Doug Suttles said of the containment box. "What I would say is what we attempted to do ... didn't work."

This environmental disaster will ruin millions of lives. It will be recorded in history books as the worst ever.

My prediction.^^^

It will affect EVERYTHING negatively for a long, long time.

If we are to drill, drill on land...say in Alaska. Then we could just build nuclear plants, windfarms and solar panel arrays. Then again, we could turn off the AC and half the lights and heat...go back to living in ambient temperature like we did for thousands of years.

You can bet you last buck, though...the Mississippi Gulf Coast seafood industry is DEAD IN THE WATER!!

Monday morning quarter backs are gonna be all over this.

I seriously hope the drilling more holes solution is not the be all end all. Bones is right. This is gonna be so damned nasty that I can't see BP staying in operation after all is said and done. How can any company afford what it's gonna cost to clean up this mess?

I cross my fingers for a successful dome attempt.

Glad I dont own Gulf Coast "investment"/vacation property. With the real estate bubble and now this, those owners are way upside down--if they're still holding on to them at all.

I have a friend who owns 3 penthouse condos down there in PCB, Destin and Ft. Walton Beach, she and her hubby are NOT happy whatsoever. Their bookings for summer are quickly evaporating. :(

Forum List

Back