ICE launches hotline for busted immigrants

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
What the hell do they mean when they say the hotline is for detained individuals who think they "may be U.S. citizens?" As if they don't know. I loved the comments below the article. One said that now Obama will know where to send the voter registration cards.

As states across the nation ramp up their efforts to catch illegal immigrants, the Obama administration on Thursday launched a new free hotline for people busted on violations to get help.
The hotline, run by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, is available 24/7 for detained individuals to phone if they think they “may be U.S. citizens or victims of a crime.”
ICE launches hotline for busted immigrants - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

Hey! Where the hell do I go sign up to be an illegal immigrant? They seem to be given a lot more perks than the U.S. citizen! And who and what is going to prove that they are or not U.S. citizens???? And btw, doesn't anybody who is a U.S. citizen know it?????????? What the hell........

Wonder if there's a hotline for citizens who are victims of immigrant crime?...
:eusa_shifty:
US launches hotline for detained immigrants
Dec 31, 2011, WASHINGTON: The US Immigration and Customs Enforcement department has launched a telephone hotline for immigrants detained in the country to inform them of their rights and allow them to report cases of unfair treatment.
The phone number may be used by detained immigrants who "believe they may be US citizens or victims of a crime", a statement said.

To make sure that those in custody "are properly notified about their potential removal from the country and are made aware of their rights", the department would guarantee that the phone line would be available 24 hours a day with interpreters in several languages.

Thomas Saenz, president of the Mexican American Legal Defence and Educational Fund, said the new line was "a positive development", though it was also overdue and inadequate. He said that often people who are detained have no idea why they are being held.

Source

There's probably a phone number for those illegal immigrants who commit the crimes to get free legal aid courtesy of the US taxpayer.

What the hell do they mean when they say the hotline is for detained individuals who think they "may be U.S. citizens?" As if they don't know. I loved the comments below the article. One said that now Obama will know where to send the voter registration cards.

As states across the nation ramp up their efforts to catch illegal immigrants, the Obama administration on Thursday launched a new free hotline for people busted on violations to get help.
The hotline, run by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, is available 24/7 for detained individuals to phone if they think they “may be U.S. citizens or victims of a crime.”
ICE launches hotline for busted immigrants - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

U.S. citizens don't have a problem proving their citizenship? I have been able to prove my citizenship since day one. Is it the law that all legal immigrants 18 and over must carry documentation. All illegal aliens must carry identification. WTF is the problem?

Forum List

Back