'Ice' destroying rural youth

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Rural health workers are sounding the alarm about the impact of the drug crystal meth, or ice, on country towns, warning that it's leading to rising crime rates and users taking up the drug at an earlier age. In one small Tasmanian town it's estimated that up to 10 per cent of the population is using ice. Four Corners reporter Caro Meldrum-Hanna travelled to Smithton on the north-west of the state for this report.

Lateline - 20 10 2014 Ice destroying rural youth

And to the proponents of legalizing drugs, how would legalization of Meth help this issue?

I'm all for people taking responsibility for themselves. It is good that Australia offers drug rehab programs. With drugs, we need both, policing and rehabilitation.

I'm all for experimenting with various substances. Mary Jane, Snow White, Ecstacy, Shrooms, Nightshade, LSD, DMT...

But even I won't ever try Meth. I won't ever do that do that to my body.

I'm all for legalizing cannabis, not all drugs. When I tried DMT, I really enjoyed it.
I've done a great deal of drugs in my small time on earth but I have been clean since before I was pregnant with my first son (who is now one).
Now about meth.... this is old news. Its been known to cause sooooo many problems and kill for many, many years now (since before I was born).
It's irrelevant if meth today is less "pure" than it used to be. It's still dangerous and disgusting nonetheless.

Forum List

Back