I wonder who the mental midget was.....

Its always interesting to see who steps up to defend the indefensible.
Yup, and 99.9% of the time it's a progtard.

If it's disgusting, immoral, degenerate, obscene, damaging, perverted or just plain sick in the head, progtards will take up defending it.

They are the garbage of the earth. What's wrong is right to them. What logical conclusion can any sane person come away with when looking at them other than they're mentally ill.

Gee, we can repair the Sistine Chapel and Eqyptian tombs and all other great art heritage works but somehow not a single person anywhere can repair this damage?

:cuckoo:
Had the Tea Party or the John Birch Society done the sort of damage seen in the OP you would be calling for the death penalty. But since Green Pee did it you sound almost apologetic. Do you not find that somewhat hypocritical?

As an Independent I would have given them the same benefit of the doubt and looked at the evidence before I jumped to any conclusions.

Who dreamed up this stupid stunt. I am finding it truly difficult to understand the level of stupidity involved in this act. The damage these jackasses did to this amazing archaeological site is astounding. And not once did these so called smart people stop to think...for even a moment, that maybe this wasn't a good idea.

These are the types of imbeciles that olfraud, dottie, crick, and the others look up too.

No wonder they're losing on such a vast and fast scale. This level of moronicism (sic) needs to be punished. And severely.

"And so they have. The impact of their footprints on the fragile desert site, in fact, will last "hundreds or thousands of years," according to outraged Peruvian officials.
So furious is the Peruvian government that it has barred the Greenpeace activists from leaving the country and is preparing criminal charges for "attacking archeological monuments," punishable by up to eight years in prison."

Greenpeaces-time-for-chan-010.jpg

How a Greenpeace stunt in Peru drives home the global climate divide - The Washington Post

I wish Peru would just shoot their asses.
This is outrageous, and I hope they get "full penalty of law".
Maybe a cell with Van der Sloot!

I'm glad to see deniers really upset about the damage to the environment this stupid Greenpeace stunt has caused. But can I assume that this position of theirs will extend to analogous and far more widespread damage caused by acid rain, soot, strip mining, clear cut logging, petroleum exploration/extraction and coal fired power plants?

Well? Anyone see a hint of hypocrisy here?

Who dreamed up this stupid stunt. I am finding it truly difficult to understand the level of stupidity involved in this act. The damage these jackasses did to this amazing archaeological site is astounding. And not once did these so called smart people stop to think...for even a moment, that maybe this wasn't a good idea.

These are the types of imbeciles that olfraud, dottie, crick, and the others look up too.

No wonder they're losing on such a vast and fast scale. This level of moronicism (sic) needs to be punished. And severely.

"And so they have. The impact of their footprints on the fragile desert site, in fact, will last "hundreds or thousands of years," according to outraged Peruvian officials.
So furious is the Peruvian government that it has barred the Greenpeace activists from leaving the country and is preparing criminal charges for "attacking archeological monuments," punishable by up to eight years in prison."

How a Greenpeace stunt in Peru drives home the global climate divide - The Washington Post

I'm glad to see deniers really upset about the damage to the environment this stupid Greenpeace stunt has caused. But can I assume that this position of theirs will extend to analogous and far more widespread damage caused by acid rain, soot, strip mining, clear cut logging, petroleum exploration/extraction and coal fired power plants?

Won't get any argument from me. I detest all those practices. Well except for modern coal fired plants. They're fine. How about the toxic effluent produced in the manufacture of solar modules? You going to express your outrage at that? Or is it OK because it's mostly being done in third world countries so only brown people are being poisoned...?

I'm going to hazard a guess that the people who pulled off this stunt are closely aligned with the ones who think it is okay to Fry Desert Tortoises with solar panels, and butcher Golden Eagles with wind farms....while denying water to farmers in the valley.

indeed

The apology rings hollow. I hope the participants AND their leaders who endorsed this action see jail time.

While polluters in this nation get off with a slap on the wrist and the GOP Congress guts the EPA?
Beyond not having squat to do with anything. The difference is the whole 'purpose' of Greenpeace is to protect the environment. Yet they continually commit acts that destroy it.

Won't get any argument from me. I detest all those practices. Well except for modern coal fired plants. They're fine. How about the toxic effluent produced in the manufacture of solar modules? You going to express your outrage at that? Or is it OK because it's mostly being done in third world countries so only brown people are being poisoned...?

It's not that their "brown" (we're all brown, aren't we), it's that they don't keep up with the latest trends in fashion footwear.

This looks fake and I hope it is, b/c none of those gp phags would last 8 days in a Peruvian prison.

The apology rings hollow. I hope the participants AND their leaders who endorsed this action see jail time.

While polluters in this nation get off with a slap on the wrist and the GOP Congress guts the EPA?
Beyond not having squat to do with anything. The difference is the whole 'purpose' of Greenpeace is to protect the environment. Yet they continually commit acts that destroy it.

Onus is on you to prove that this is part of a "pattern" of "acts to destroy" the environment on the part of GP.

I don't have to prove anything.They have been tied to hundreds of acts which have either directly damaged the environment or made en existing situation worse.

I don't have to prove anything.They have been tied to hundreds of acts which have either directly damaged the environment or made en existing situation worse.

Your failure to prove your baseless allegation when called upon to do so means that you just seriously damaged your own credibility. Have a nice day.

Greenpeace is assumed to be experts in their field. Conservation of archaeological sites, especially WORLD HERITAGE SITES, is the responsibility of all the peoples of this planet. To have "experts" in the field do something this asinine is beyond the pale.

Yes, jail time is warranted for this. It would be like having a doctor use his position and reputation to molest people in his office.
or walk in protest down streets with signs that say peace and turn over cars and burn them!!! I have a much different definition of peace. It's too bad the left never looked it up!!

A plastic banner of fossil fuel origin, no doubt.

Nope! It was cloth.

Greenpeace Faces Charges Over Banner On Peru s Sacred Nazca Lines

There were a total of 5 people including the guide. They used an existing path to get there. The closeups don't show any damage that is clearly visible to the image itself. Even the area where they put the banner seems to be much the same as the rest of the surroundings.

The "moral" outrage seems to be more manufactured than any real physical damage that might have been done.
why are you defending this? You're defending this tell me you have no integrity! But, few on the left do!!! but tryng to justify this is extremely poor judgement on your part. Shame on you!

Gee, we can repair the Sistine Chapel and Eqyptian tombs and all other great art heritage works but somehow not a single person anywhere can repair this damage?

Had the Tea Party or the John Birch Society done the sort of damage seen in the OP you would be calling for the death penalty. But since Green Pee did it you sound almost apologetic. Do you not find that somewhat hypocritical?

As an Independent I would have given them the same benefit of the doubt and looked at the evidence before I jumped to any conclusions.
benefit of what doubt?

nope!!!

benefit of what doubt?

Peruvian court gave GP the benefit of the doubt too by dismissing the charges.

benefit of what doubt?

benefit of what? Either they did it or didn't. Since they admitted it, they did it. So what is there doubt about?

benefit of what doubt?

benefit of what? Either they did it or didn't. Since they admitted it, they did it. So what is there doubt about?

GP didn't do any irreparable environmental damage which is what this entire thread is about. Or didn't you bother to read the OP and familiarize yourself with the subject matter before sticking your oar in?

Forum List

Back